Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wanabeacnefree

Oily from wearing glasses?

13 posts in this topic

I have started wearing my glasses everyday now and find I am very oily and get more breakouts on the bridge of my nose and between my eyes.

Does anyone else have this issue???

Any advice on what to do???

We are here to live a life...let's begin!

MY LOG

Sometimes pads on the part that touches the nose helps prevent chafing and irritation. The irritation is what caused me breakouts when I wore glasses; I'd also blot the area a lot as it did feel more oily while wearing glasses. There are little pads one can buy that adhere to the eyeglasses and helps prevent the plastic or metal of the frame from rubbing on the nose or bridge of the nose; they do help.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

Oh Wynne, how did I know you would be first to reply with such great advice?! Thanks :wub:

I need to get my eyes checked again and am thinking about contacts, which will also help my situation ;)

MY LOG

I love contacts; my prescription is so strong that the glasses always made me feel like I was hidden behind a huge wall. Not true of course, but that's how I felt, like I was wearing a curtain or a veil.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

i have this problem too! i didn't know they made pads.... hmmm.... i just usually apply a bit more powder around the bridge of my nose and it cuts down on the oil production.

I also had this problem, and its really all about washing your face. Don't scrub that never helps but pay extra attention when your washing that part of your face, it really helps.

=)

Also i want contacts but my eyes aren't bad enough apparently.. strange.

I wash my glasses with dish soap 2-3 times per day. I still can't keep the darn things up because of the grease, but the rubbing doesn't cause breakouts anymore. I found that I have to use dish soap, specifically, because nothing else will cut through the sebum that gets on the lenses from blinking and having eyelashes. I have plastic frames (lenses are really too thick for wire rims), and all this washing hasn't hurt them, but wire frames might be more susceptible to damage.

Thanks guys :D

I generally do pay extra attention to the bridge of my nose when cleansing.

I might also try cleaning my glasses with antiseptic wipes daily.

MY LOG

Thanks guys :D

I generally do pay extra attention to the bridge of my nose when cleansing.

I might also try cleaning my glasses with antiseptic wipes daily.

Dawn

Current status - pretty clear

am

10% Benz Perox Wash

2% Salycylic Acid Wash

diva dryer mitt to exfoliate

Straight Braggs ACV

1% Metrogel

Amlactin

pm

Vit C cleanser

Straight ACV

Every other Day Taz with Cerave

Spot Treat with 10% Benz Perox Cream

I wash the nose pads of my glasses every day with lens cleaner or shampoo or facial cleanser (whatever I can get my hands on). It makes a huge difference for me.

I have started wearing my glasses everyday now and find I am very oily and get more breakouts on the bridge of my nose and between my eyes.

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

I forgot: When I used to swipe my rims down with alcohol every day it also helped. I really should get around to buying more of that.

Molly, you're a punk. :P

Get lasik eye surgery :shrug:

MY LOG