Photo

Im CONFIDENT Silicone injections was the best decision Ive made for my acne scarring.

fraxel dermabrasion tca silicone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
230 replies to this topic

#21 leonTX

leonTX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Naitch @ May 8 2008, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read many articles that silicione injections can be fatal. http://www.reuters.c...L05920520061130

Naitch,

I've spent months to research this treatment. All I can say is 'silicone injection', with the proper technique(i.e. microdroplet), medical grade product and experienced doctor, is very safe and effective. Even the doctors who question this practice admit only less than 1% patients had some negative complications, most of which were not that bad, definitely not fatal. Almost all the horrible stories were caused by either large amount of injection (using silicone as augment, bad bad idea) or using poor quality silicone product. Too many stupid and irresponsible PS out there! Using silicone to enlarge breast, hips, buttocks, VAGINA, chest and arms? What a joke!!

--Leon

#22 leonTX

leonTX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (drewboy @ May 7 2008, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leon, I think anyone who graduates from Yale is talented. I mean seriously..I hardly made it through 10th grade math.

recovery is going great! Dude I went out the night I had the injections done, no one noticed. The swelling goes down in a day and your left with little, small injection sites, no big deal at all. You get the added benefit of seeing quick results as well as the silicone is a permanent filler.

20 minutes is all it takes for the numbing process to take effect. You cant feel the injections all that much. With Dr. Alkek I was begging for mercy because I wasn't numbed.

No precautions are necessary for silicone injections. The only thing Dr. Lam somewhat stresses is to avoid frowning, smiling, or sleeping on your face for the first 48 hours.

Dude, I havn't been this confident with my appearance for a good while. Wish I could share this feeling with everyone.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Pakifairy,

Like Leon stated, TCA cross is a good alternative for icepicks.

Awesome, man!! I'm going to follow you to get over w/ this long lasting battle!

Thank you for helping me choosing the right doctor! I will definitely have more questions to ask before or after the procedure. I hope I can see the same good results as yours!!

--Leon

#23 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (hiding in the front @ May 8 2008, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
were your scars a lot worse before you had yhose ablative surgeries? i am going in for fraxel re:pair and its the new co2 ablative just wondering if its a waste of time. when you researched did you find a lot of docs that do these injections?

anyways thanks for your insight glad you are making great changes...

don't smile isn't that hard after a great result.....

hey bud, yes my scars were horrendous 4 years ago after completing accutane. Id venture off to say they were somewhat severe. Ive had many many treatments including a full face dermabrasion, numerous chemical peels, needling sessions, 4 fraxel sessions, Non-permanent fillers added And now silicone injections.

Although everything else improved the quality of my skin, it hardly did anything for my scarring. 1 Silicone treatment netted me greater results then everything else combined as far as scarring is concerned. I personally did not see much results with fraxel, maybe a difference in skin tone thats it.

When doing my research on silicone very few doctors work with Silicone, but those who do are seeing amazing results. Dr. Alkek for example had his scarring injected with silicone over 20 years ago, and his skin looks dang good I must say. Again, if your interested in Silicone, make sure you find a doctor confident and aggressive enough, like Dr. Lam, that will definately net you results.

Thanks for the compliments and I can go ahead and smile now, its been 48 hours! biggrin.gif

#24 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Naitch @ May 8 2008, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read many articles that silicione injections can be fatal. http://www.reuters.c...L05920520061130

As with driving a car to the grocery store, swimming in the ocean, or playing golf in the rain, these can all be fatal. Shoot, I read a report on the soft drink Crystal Light stating that Aspartane, the sugar substitute within the drink, can cause tumors and prove to be fatal.

Hey bud, I mean this in the most respectful way, but the chances of silicone MICRO droplet injection with pure medical grade silicone being fatal are slim to none. At times there are complications but that goes for anything.

Read Leons take on your post, its very informative.

#25 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (bug @ May 8 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi drewboy. 1st, thanks for doing this (answering questions) for us.
what's the waiting time like to get an appointment? i'm way north of tx and i'll be taking summer classes w/ breaks in between. but i'm willing to fly down there and do this.
also, if i got a hotel room, do you think like 3 days would be ok? thanks.

oh ya, can you do the jaw line and below? and, can you feel any lumps underneath?

Hey Bug,
Give Dr. Lam a call to schedule an appointment. His number can be found at http://www.lamfacialplastics.com . I usually get in within a months time, as he's busy doing t.v. interviews, speaking at conferences, writing books on facial reconstruction, haha, the fellas busy no doubt but you'll be very satisfied with his skill and services.

3 days in a hotel is overkill, youll be good to leave the evening of the surgery with very minimal swelling.

Absolutely Silicone works on the jawline, I know it did for me. Most of my scarring was concentrated on my jawline, now I have problems finding where they used to be. Make sure you perform a stretch test by stretching the scar and see if it disappears . If it does disappear silicone will work great for that scar.

A few days after silicone injections you'll feel lumps, but over time they become unnoticeable.

#26 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (leonTX @ May 8 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (drewboy @ May 7 2008, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leon, I think anyone who graduates from Yale is talented. I mean seriously..I hardly made it through 10th grade math.

recovery is going great! Dude I went out the night I had the injections done, no one noticed. The swelling goes down in a day and your left with little, small injection sites, no big deal at all. You get the added benefit of seeing quick results as well as the silicone is a permanent filler.

20 minutes is all it takes for the numbing process to take effect. You cant feel the injections all that much. With Dr. Alkek I was begging for mercy because I wasn't numbed.

No precautions are necessary for silicone injections. The only thing Dr. Lam somewhat stresses is to avoid frowning, smiling, or sleeping on your face for the first 48 hours.

Dude, I havn't been this confident with my appearance for a good while. Wish I could share this feeling with everyone.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Pakifairy,

Like Leon stated, TCA cross is a good alternative for icepicks.

Awesome, man!! I'm going to follow you to get over w/ this long lasting battle!

Thank you for helping me choosing the right doctor! I will definitely have more questions to ask before or after the procedure. I hope I can see the same good results as yours!!

--Leon

Hey Leon, thats the spirit!! A positive mindset is the first step to defeating any negative.

My pleasure my man, I enjoy seeing other people happy and successful. If you do schedule an appointment feel free to tell Dr. Lam and his staff that Drew sent ya by, I'm sure he'll appreciate the referral.

#27 leonTX

leonTX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

drewboy,

Is updating this thread becoming your new full time job? smile.gif I can definitely see how excited you are!

So how would you rate your improvement in terms of percentage? 70%? 80% It's so encouraging that you couldn't even find where some of your scars used to be. Do you mean they are completely gone? were they deep or shallow type? which of them responded better to the treatment?

Man, I can't concentrate on my work today. I'm just as excited as you are biggrin.gif

Leon

#28 Dan T.

Dan T.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

Naitch - I think the key to the article link that you posted is "Illicit". The silicone injections mentioned in the article are illegal and the unqualified injectors use large quantities of non-pure silicone. That article has little to do with the subject that Drewboy started which is the micro-injection of medically pure silicone to correct scarring!

Dan
Never give in--never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Sir Winston Churchill

#29 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (leonTX @ May 8 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
drewboy,

Is updating this thread becoming your new full time job? smile.gif I can definitely see how excited you are!

So how would you rate your improvement in terms of percentage? 70%? 80% It's so encouraging that you couldn't even find where some of your scars used to be. Do you mean they are completely gone? were they deep or shallow type? which of them responded better to the treatment?

Man, I can't concentrate on my work today. I'm just as excited as you are biggrin.gif

Leon

Just looking to help people out my man.

You know instead of putting a finger on percentages I'd rather do the talking with my before & After pics. I do indeed have a few scars that were eliminated. I had a scar for a few years on my lower cheek that was caused by a piece of slag from welding, it is now completely gone.

I know without a doubt i have had some scarring on my lower jawline which im unable to pinpoint. I'm confident the deeper and shallow scarring has netted the same great results. Im at the point now where the majority of my scarring has leveled off, I just need to concentrate on eliminating a few red marks and minor patches of bad texture.

QUOTE (Dan T. @ May 8 2008, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naitch - I think the key to the article link that you posted is "Illicit". The silicone injections mentioned in the article are illegal and the unqualified injectors use large quantities of non-pure silicone. That article has little to do with the subject that Drewboy started which is the micro-injection of medically pure silicone to correct scarring!

Dan

Thanks for sharing that Dan.

Dan, you had silicone treatments, how did it work out for you?

#30 Dan T.

Dan T.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hi Drewboy - I have been happy with my silicone treatments. Nothing else worked very well except for silicone micro but I alway empasize that you must find an experienced M.D. I would like to have a touch-up round in a couple of areas so I may give Dr. Lam a call. My dermabrasions helped the superficial scars but my deep tissue loss was only helped with the silicone micro.

I am really glad to hear of your success because I know what great suffering we all have been through with these scars.
Never give in--never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Sir Winston Churchill

#31 ___christina

___christina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (drewboy @ May 7 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (___christina @ May 7 2008, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a hell of a before picture. I dont see anything wrong.

Update:
added new pics to my original post

Please check new BEFORE SILICONE pics straight from Dr. Lam's office. You'll get a better understanding of the rolling scars on the sides of my mouth and cheeks. After the next visit, hopefully these scars will have been completely eradicated. It seems to me like this 3rd treatment may of done it, but I'm going to go in for a 4th treatment with Dr. Lam because he has a much better eye then I do.

Hopefully that didnt come off nasty, but if I saw you on the street I would nevr think anything was wrong with your skin. I understand what upsets you though. If you never said anything about it though, I dont know if I would have noticed.

#32 leonTX

leonTX

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

Drew,

Did you have your first injection done on the same day of your consultation? If so, did you need to ask for it when you made your appointment?

Thanks!

Leon

#33 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

I've had over 8 rounds of silicone with a doctor in Boulder, CO and saw poor to no results. Geez, it must be the doctor then, but I have a hard time believeing that. There's no way I could have had less silicone injected in my scars than you have had! Ive also had 5 fraxels and dermbrasion, blah, blah...

Anyway, I'm about to see my dad tomorrow after several years and he used to comment on how bad my skin looked. After all these treatments I had I can still say it looks bad and I am greatly disappointed. I so wish it could just look normal so I could face him sad.gif My whole trip is ruined before it has even started.

#34 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (drewboy @ May 8 2008, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Naitch @ May 8 2008, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As with driving a car to the grocery store, swimming in the ocean, or playing golf in the rain, these can all be fatal. Shoot, I read a report on the soft drink Crystal Light stating that Aspartane, the sugar substitute within the drink, can cause tumors and prove to be fatal.

Hey bud, I mean this in the most respectful way, but the chances of silicone MICRO droplet injection with pure medical grade silicone being fatal are slim to none. At times there are complications but that goes for anything.

Read Leons take on your post, its very informative.

I wouldn't worry about the fatal part. That's more for massive quantities thousand and thousand times greater than what scarring on the face will take.

#35 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (leonTX @ May 8 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drew,

Did you have your first injection done on the same day of your consultation? If so, did you need to ask for it when you made your appointment?

Thanks!

Leon

Yes, I first sent Dr. Lam photos of my scarring and he said I looked like a good candidate for silicone and asked me to come in for a one on one meeting. After doing so he analyzed my scarring, asked a few questions about me, talked about the procedure, then it was on to the numbing cream. If you'd like his email addy let me know and I'll PM it to you. He usually has a reply for you within a few hours.

Just let him know that you are interested in silicone for your acne scarring.

#36 bama2000

bama2000

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:32 PM

I will chime in as I have now had 3 round of silicone injections with Dr. Alkek. The first round yielded no results in my opinion. The second round did absolutely nothing, but I think he really underestimated the severity (because of the smooth edges) and he did not inject much. The third round is too recent to gage, but he injected quite a bit more this time so I am hopeful...but to be honest I am pretty skeptical at this point (as far as effectiveness for MYSELF goes).

I will say one thing I am disappointed in is the "oh you look so much better" again. Then I say, well looks look under the light and see...and then they quickly come off of that statement and say "well, its a little better". Trust me, I know my scars really well after looking them daily for 20 yrs. I guess that is part of the deal since they are in the cosmetic industry, but it always always ticks me off when they do that.

Anyway, I am still hopeful and will give it maybe 1 more round depending on the outcome of this round...but if I see zero results again, I will probably just give up and go back to rolling (seemed to improving things....just very very slowly).

I hope I do not discourage anyone though because there are many people who have had amazing results so I would still recommend this procedure even though "I" may not be getting results.

#37 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (ylem @ May 9 2008, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had over 8 rounds of silicone with a doctor in Boulder, CO and saw poor to no results. Geez, it must be the doctor then, but I have a hard time believeing that. There's no way I could have had less silicone injected in my scars than you have had! Ive also had 5 fraxels and dermbrasion, blah, blah...

Im curious as to what type of scarring you have?

#38 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (bama2000 @ May 9 2008, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will chime in as I have now had 3 round of silicone injections with Dr. Alkek. The first round yielded no results in my opinion. The second round did absolutely nothing, but I think he really underestimated the severity (because of the smooth edges) and he did not inject much. The third round is too recent to gage, but he injected quite a bit more this time so I am hopeful...but to be honest I am pretty skeptical at this point (as far as effectiveness for MYSELF goes).

I will say one thing I am disappointed in is the "oh you look so much better" again. Then I say, well looks look under the light and see...and then they quickly come off of that statement and say "well, its a little better". Trust me, I know my scars really well after looking them daily for 20 yrs. I guess that is part of the deal since they are in the cosmetic industry, but it always always ticks me off when they do that.

Anyway, I am still hopeful and will give it maybe 1 more round depending on the outcome of this round...but if I see zero results again, I will probably just give up and go back to rolling (seemed to improving things....just very very slowly).

I hope I do not discourage anyone though because there are many people who have had amazing results so I would still recommend this procedure even though "I" may not be getting results.

Thanks for sharing. I noticed Dr. Alkek would do that to me as well. I felt like the "Oh you look so much better" was a pre fabricated speech, Only 1 difference, I was indeed looking much better and seeing results.

So far we have 2 people who are seeing dramatic results and 2 who've seen very little results. Im curious as to what type of scarring you guys who did not see results have and where? My scarring is centralized on my cheeks and below my mouth and it contains mostly rolling and tissue loss.

Guys, not to be pushy, but I feel the differences between my sessions with Dr. Lam and my sessions with Dr. Alkek were night and day. I truly feel like you need someone else injecting the silicone. Dr. Lam injected my scars in a linear patters , in rows and columns, where as Dr. Alkek would find a scar, inject it once, and then move on...

Anyhow, I'll get my 'after' pics up here and let you guys judge the difference.

#39 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (drewboy @ May 9 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ylem @ May 9 2008, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im curious as to what type of scarring you have?

Rolling saucer The kind that thins out when stretched

#40 bug

bug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:44 AM

do you think they can do injections on the neck (below jaw)?
can you do thingz after you get silicone? like dermaroller?
will step on u