Photo

What to use instead of whey protein?

low carb

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 crevin

crevin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

I am thinking about cutting whey protein supplement out of my diet to see if it helps things-- is there anything out there that is low carb and not whey that is acne friendly?

#2 thEneXtChaPter

thEneXtChaPter

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

whey protein for me hasn't caused acne prblems, i've been taking it for a while now, but lately it has been causing me stomach problems. It has given me upset stomach last 3 times i've taken it and i dont know why all of a sudden its doing this.

#3 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:13 AM

hemp protein is good- if ur not allergic theres egg and soy too. I just had my first whey shake in like 6 months and seems good!

#4 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Take one can of tuna and half a liter of water or juice in the blender and run the machine.
The taste isn't the best the first couple of times, but after a while it's no problem. I usally do this one or two times a day and often put some oils or apple cider vinegar in it to!

#5 thunder_cloud

thunder_cloud

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (crevin @ Apr 30 2008, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thinking about cutting whey protein supplement out of my diet to see if it helps things-- is there anything out there that is low carb and not whey that is acne friendly?

Yeh its called meat. Screw the refined processed stuff, just eat more meat and eggs if you feel you need extra protein.

#6 abd

abd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (thunder_cloud @ Apr 30 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh its called meat. Screw the refined processed stuff, just eat more meat and eggs if you feel you need extra protein.

Yes, meat is a lot better option than processed proteins. It is a better source of protein and actually has a nutritional value.

#7 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (abd @ Apr 30 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (thunder_cloud @ Apr 30 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, meat is a lot better option than processed proteins. It is a better source of protein and actually has a nutritional value.

Meat is not as good as whey protein when it comes to protein quality.

#8 chandler033

chandler033

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

What you need to watch for is the dairy -- why dont you try a supplement that is dairy free? I use Nutribody and its working out great for me so far. It's all natural (brown rice and pea protein) no dairy, no additives, etc.
Take care,
Chris