Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peanut Butter

37 posts in this topic

In Febuary I was eating a piss load of peanut butter. Every night before bed, I would eat peanut butter with a banana. I would eat ALLLOT of peanut butter. I'd have a a whole jar finished off within a week to a week in a half. My strength was going through the roof. My bench press was getting better and everything. It seemed like I gained more by eating peanut butter in a 3 weeks than I did with whey protein in 2 years. But then I started breaking out, reallllllly fuckkkkingggggg bad. Down by my lips.... and on my chin... in just like one spot..... it was just fuckin yellow yead after yellowhead. They'd hurt like a motha too. One would be busted.. but before the scab would even come off... it would still hurt and I'd see another one forming directly under the one that was just on its way out. So then I cut a fuck load of foods from my diet (oatmeal, eggs, milk.. too many to remember) and that seemed to stop the massive mouth breakouts.

My question is... do you people think it was the peanut butter? I hope not. After all these years of lifting.. I finally was starting to gain something. I'm still gaining now.. but I'm eating a shit load of Chicken.. and that shit gets expensive. The peanut butter is only like 2.40. Is peanut butter really all that worth it though?

Next question is... what exactly is it in peanut butter that makes you breakout? I am eating the skippy's creamy type. And is there an organic kind of peanut butter or some shit that WONT cause breakouts? What about the peanut butter with the honey?

In Febuary I was eating a piss load of peanut butter. Every night before bed, I would eat peanut butter with a banana. I would eat ALLLOT of peanut butter. I'd have a a whole jar finished off within a week to a week in a half. My strength was going through the roof. My bench press was getting better and everything. It seemed like I gained more by eating peanut butter in a 3 weeks than I did with whey protein in 2 years. But then I started breaking out, reallllllly fuckkkkingggggg bad. Down by my lips.... and on my chin... in just like one spot..... it was just fuckin yellow yead after yellowhead. They'd hurt like a motha too. One would be busted.. but before the scab would even come off... it would still hurt and I'd see another one forming directly under the one that was just on its way out. So then I cut a fuck load of foods from my diet (oatmeal, eggs, milk.. too many to remember) and that seemed to stop the massive mouth breakouts.

My question is... do you people think it was the peanut butter? I hope not. After all these years of lifting.. I finally was starting to gain something. I'm still gaining now.. but I'm eating a shit load of Chicken.. and that shit gets expensive. The peanut butter is only like 2.40. Is peanut butter really all that worth it though?

Next question is... what exactly is it in peanut butter that makes you breakout? I am eating the skippy's creamy type. And is there an organic kind of peanut butter or some shit that WONT cause breakouts? What about the peanut butter with the honey?

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.

Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.

Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!

I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

I think its definitely the peanut butter. After I cut peanuts out of my diet, I saw a huge difference in my skin. And maybe its not just the peanuts, but all of the sugar and extra junk that they put in peanut butter. You can try Sunbutter...not sure if it will have the same weight gaining effect though.

When you know who you are, you don't have to advertise.

It could either be the peanut butter, the bananas or a combination of both. I personally break out from both. I think I break out from bananas because there is a lot of potassium in it. At least I think thats the reason. Im not positive :shrug: Peanut butter contains iodinized salt I believe.

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

I was eating PB&J sandwiches for a while and broke out, and originally I thought it was the PB but now I think it was the sugary jelly. If you want to keep eating PB try getting an all natural/organic kind instead. They don't add sugars and other stuff to it.

I've heard peanuts are bad for acne.

Go for ALMOND butter, it tastes awesome and is great for the skin.

The cure to acne:

Stop looking for magic pills.

Take responsibility for your health. Get balanced mentally and eat a healthy diet, preferably RAW. (veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts and legumes)

Get out and exercise.

All these things in your body are interlinked.

Peanuts are high in omega-6's... sadly...

Omega-6's = inflammatory

Omega 3's = non-inflammatory

There needs to be a balance of both, but lots of O3's are good for skin but too much 6's are bad...

You may have some sort of peanut allergy. Could be the sugar from the banana too. Has anything else in your diet or lifestyle changed to cause a breakout?

I love peanut butter and wasn't willing to give that up. I buy organic peanut butter: just organic peanuts that's it. No added salt or hydrogenated oils. Works great for me but everyone's different.

Try that out before you swear off it completely. :)

Morning - As of 5/15/08

Primal Defense probiotics - 2 pills upon waking

Wash face w/ Carly's Clear and Smooth

Breakfast

Organic EVOO - 2 tbs

Green smoothie w/ added protein, fruit, wheat grass, 2 tbs ACV, MSM, turmeric

Vitamin C - 1000 mg

Vitamin B Complex

Dry Vitamin E - 400 iu

Calcium - 600 mg

Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1 tsp

Dinner

Organic EVOO - 1 tbs

Chromium Picolinate - 200 mcg

Borage Oil - 1000 mg with high amount of GLA

Twin Lab Arctic Cod Liver Oil - 1 tsp

Night

ZMA - 3 tabs

Wash face w/ water. Tone: ACV/water. Moistourize: aloe vera w/ niacinamide

AVOID: Hydrogenated vegetable oils, red meat, dairy, sugar, bad carbs.

Sleep well & exercise! 90-95% clear. Die Acne. Just Die.

You may have some sort of peanut allergy. Could be the sugar from the banana too. Has anything else in your diet or lifestyle changed to cause a breakout?

I love peanut butter and wasn't willing to give that up. I buy organic peanut butter: just organic peanuts that's it. No added salt or hydrogenated oils. Works great for me but everyone's different.

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

Oooo that sounds yummy! Where did you buy it and what brand is it?

Morning - As of 5/15/08

Primal Defense probiotics - 2 pills upon waking

Wash face w/ Carly's Clear and Smooth

Breakfast

Organic EVOO - 2 tbs

Green smoothie w/ added protein, fruit, wheat grass, 2 tbs ACV, MSM, turmeric

Vitamin C - 1000 mg

Vitamin B Complex

Dry Vitamin E - 400 iu

Calcium - 600 mg

Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1 tsp

Dinner

Organic EVOO - 1 tbs

Chromium Picolinate - 200 mcg

Borage Oil - 1000 mg with high amount of GLA

Twin Lab Arctic Cod Liver Oil - 1 tsp

Night

ZMA - 3 tabs

Wash face w/ water. Tone: ACV/water. Moistourize: aloe vera w/ niacinamide

AVOID: Hydrogenated vegetable oils, red meat, dairy, sugar, bad carbs.

Sleep well & exercise! 90-95% clear. Die Acne. Just Die.

Peanut butter is great for weightlifting but it seriously breaks me out, more than the Whey does. Milk breaks me out big time otherwise i can see myself much bigger than I am now if I weren't forced to drop those off my diet. I think i'll continue nonetheless this summer, on accutane now so I hope it'll suppress it. Nuts in general break the shit out of me; banana's don't and when both of them are put together on toast; it's something to die for.

Peanut butter is great for weightlifting but it seriously breaks me out, more than the Whey does. Milk breaks me out big time otherwise i can see myself much bigger than I am now if I weren't forced to drop those off my diet. I think i'll continue nonetheless this summer, on accutane now so I hope it'll suppress it. Nuts in general break the shit out of me; banana's don't and when both of them are put together on toast; it's something to die for.

Well you might be trying Soy milk and Natural peanut butter .. Soy milk helps ALOT and it contains lots of proteinss too :)

I have peanut butter every morning and sometimes various nuts in the afternoon (peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, etc.). They're great for you in moderation, along with just about anything else you can ingest. Personally, I don't think they affect my acne at all in the quantities I have them now.

I've started lifting weights in the beginning of the year to tone up a bit too, and I think the lending hand of the peanut's protein is definitely helping the results. Just don't swallow it 24/7 and you should be fine acne-wise. :)

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow

Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow

'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow

Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

I have peanut butter every morning and sometimes various nuts in the afternoon (peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, etc.). They're great for you in moderation, along with just about anything else you can ingest. Personally, I don't think they affect my acne at all in the quantities I have them now.

I've started lifting weights in the beginning of the year to tone up a bit too, and I think the lending hand of the peanut's protein is definitely helping the results. Just don't swallow it 24/7 and you should be fine acne-wise. :)

I love cashew raw. I used to eat a lot of this and never broke out. :P

all nuts are fine :) just make sure their raw!

Sadly there are no raw peanuts

:\

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.

Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.

Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!

I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

...Just have to reawaken this topic.

I love my organic 100% natural PB. After a tough weights session i'd consume bout 5 TBS (100 grams of PB; great for gains :D ) which is literally, fkn nuts, i know lol.

I'm devastated that it breaks me out badly around chin and jawline.

And after Xtensive research this is why:

Elevated plasma levels of free fatty acids cause peripheral and hepatic insulin resistance (Insulin Resistance in liver and skeletal muscle) and may also activate a pro-inflammatory and pro-atherogenic pathway.

www.springerlink.com/content/7734t22852m6w515/

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12028371

And it makes sense too unfortunately. If running on fats for fuel (thanks to quantity) than insulin-stimulated uptake of glucose is reduced/impaired.

For me, its all or nothing. If i cant exploit my PB then i just have to resist. Fkn nuts, i know :P

Skippy is shit.

Try natural peanut butter, stuff that only has peanuts and salt.

I concur. Skippy peanut butter has partially hydrogenated oils which would have contributed to the acne.

Mmm I never had the impression that peanut butter made me break out. I eat a small jar a week more or less. I see no difference from when I wasn't eating it. But I had to cut out nutella which I was spreading on my bread too, which was breaking me out.

Apparently peanuts (therefore peanut butter) are inflammatory and can increase acne.

Incorrect. Peanuts are actually slightly anti-inflammatory.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/legumes...products/4448/2

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/legumes...products/4447/2

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/legumes...products/4451/2

Exercise, eat and live like you are constantly trying to get into the best shape of your life, and it will show, inside and out.