Photo

Peanut Butter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 bradd

bradd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

In Febuary I was eating a piss load of peanut butter. Every night before bed, I would eat peanut butter with a banana. I would eat ALLLOT of peanut butter. I'd have a a whole jar finished off within a week to a week in a half. My strength was going through the roof. My bench press was getting better and everything. It seemed like I gained more by eating peanut butter in a 3 weeks than I did with whey protein in 2 years. But then I started breaking out, reallllllly fuckkkkingggggg bad. Down by my lips.... and on my chin... in just like one spot..... it was just fuckin yellow yead after yellowhead. They'd hurt like a motha too. One would be busted.. but before the scab would even come off... it would still hurt and I'd see another one forming directly under the one that was just on its way out. So then I cut a fuck load of foods from my diet (oatmeal, eggs, milk.. too many to remember) and that seemed to stop the massive mouth breakouts.

My question is... do you people think it was the peanut butter? I hope not. After all these years of lifting.. I finally was starting to gain something. I'm still gaining now.. but I'm eating a shit load of Chicken.. and that shit gets expensive. The peanut butter is only like 2.40. Is peanut butter really all that worth it though?

Next question is... what exactly is it in peanut butter that makes you breakout? I am eating the skippy's creamy type. And is there an organic kind of peanut butter or some shit that WONT cause breakouts? What about the peanut butter with the honey?

#2 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (bradd @ Apr 29 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Febuary I was eating a piss load of peanut butter. Every night before bed, I would eat peanut butter with a banana. I would eat ALLLOT of peanut butter. I'd have a a whole jar finished off within a week to a week in a half. My strength was going through the roof. My bench press was getting better and everything. It seemed like I gained more by eating peanut butter in a 3 weeks than I did with whey protein in 2 years. But then I started breaking out, reallllllly fuckkkkingggggg bad. Down by my lips.... and on my chin... in just like one spot..... it was just fuckin yellow yead after yellowhead. They'd hurt like a motha too. One would be busted.. but before the scab would even come off... it would still hurt and I'd see another one forming directly under the one that was just on its way out. So then I cut a fuck load of foods from my diet (oatmeal, eggs, milk.. too many to remember) and that seemed to stop the massive mouth breakouts.

My question is... do you people think it was the peanut butter? I hope not. After all these years of lifting.. I finally was starting to gain something. I'm still gaining now.. but I'm eating a shit load of Chicken.. and that shit gets expensive. The peanut butter is only like 2.40. Is peanut butter really all that worth it though?

Next question is... what exactly is it in peanut butter that makes you breakout? I am eating the skippy's creamy type. And is there an organic kind of peanut butter or some shit that WONT cause breakouts? What about the peanut butter with the honey?

Eating to much peanuts not good smile.gif , and yes some people are allergic to it , will get break out
Try ALmond nut or walnut. smile.gif they expensive but worth it. , i find it healthy.

i actually buy Brazil nut and almond. smile.gif

Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#3 xtr3m

xtr3m

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

Peanut butter is dense with calories. Most of them come from fat. It's an easy and cheap source of calories which makes it an obvious choice for weight gaining.

Perhaps you should substitute with a different source of fat like olive and fish oils? It seems to work for NdnRomero. Try the following thread: http://www.acne.org/...ed-t194561.html

#4 Mrs. Lovely

Mrs. Lovely

Smile!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

I think its definitely the peanut butter. After I cut peanuts out of my diet, I saw a huge difference in my skin. And maybe its not just the peanuts, but all of the sugar and extra junk that they put in peanut butter. You can try Sunbutter...not sure if it will have the same weight gaining effect though.
When you know who you are, you don't have to advertise.

#5 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:29 AM

It could either be the peanut butter, the bananas or a combination of both. I personally break out from both. I think I break out from bananas because there is a lot of potassium in it. At least I think thats the reason. Im not positive shrug.gif Peanut butter contains iodinized salt I believe.
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#6 IPA

IPA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:32 AM

I was eating PB&J sandwiches for a while and broke out, and originally I thought it was the PB but now I think it was the sugary jelly. If you want to keep eating PB try getting an all natural/organic kind instead. They don't add sugars and other stuff to it.

#7 WantToBeFree

WantToBeFree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:56 AM

I've heard peanuts are bad for acne.

Go for ALMOND butter, it tastes awesome and is great for the skin.
The cure to acne:

Stop looking for magic pills.

Take responsibility for your health. Get balanced mentally and eat a healthy diet, preferably RAW. (veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts and legumes)

Get out and exercise.

All these things in your body are interlinked.

#8 rcr0412

rcr0412

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:44 AM

almond butter will cost you so much more though

#9 blank4200

blank4200

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Peanuts are high in omega-6's... sadly...

Omega-6's = inflammatory
Omega 3's = non-inflammatory

There needs to be a balance of both, but lots of O3's are good for skin but too much 6's are bad...

#10 GoBills

GoBills

I really do love the Buffalo Bills!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

You may have some sort of peanut allergy. Could be the sugar from the banana too. Has anything else in your diet or lifestyle changed to cause a breakout?

I love peanut butter and wasn't willing to give that up. I buy organic peanut butter: just organic peanuts that's it. No added salt or hydrogenated oils. Works great for me but everyone's different.

Try that out before you swear off it completely. smile.gif
Morning - As of 5/15/08
Primal Defense probiotics - 2 pills upon waking
Wash face w/ Carly's Clear and Smooth
Breakfast

Organic EVOO - 2 tbs
Green smoothie w/ added protein, fruit, wheat grass, 2 tbs ACV, MSM, turmeric
Vitamin C - 1000 mg
Vitamin B Complex
Dry Vitamin E - 400 iu
Calcium - 600 mg
Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1 tsp
Dinner
Organic EVOO - 1 tbs
Chromium Picolinate - 200 mcg
Borage Oil - 1000 mg with high amount of GLA
Twin Lab Arctic Cod Liver Oil - 1 tsp
Night
ZMA - 3 tabs
Wash face w/ water. Tone: ACV/water. Moistourize: aloe vera w/ niacinamide

AVOID: Hydrogenated vegetable oils, red meat, dairy, sugar, bad carbs.

Sleep well & exercise! 90-95% clear. Die Acne. Just Die.

#11 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (GoBills @ Apr 30 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may have some sort of peanut allergy. Could be the sugar from the banana too. Has anything else in your diet or lifestyle changed to cause a breakout?

I love peanut butter and wasn't willing to give that up. I buy organic peanut butter: just organic peanuts that's it. No added salt or hydrogenated oils. Works great for me but everyone's different.

Oooo that sounds yummy! Where did you buy it and what brand is it?
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#12 GoBills

GoBills

I really do love the Buffalo Bills!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (acne_battle @ Apr 30 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GoBills @ Apr 30 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooo that sounds yummy! Where did you buy it and what brand is it?

Haha it is! You can find organic peanut butter at Whole Foods, but I actually prefer the store brand stuff at Stop 'n Shop (Natures Promise is their organic line). Cheaper too.

If you don't have those stores around you, try looking around the peanut butter aisle at whatever stores that you live around. Look for organic but still READ the label to make sure there isn't any other added crap.

Good luck!
Morning - As of 5/15/08
Primal Defense probiotics - 2 pills upon waking
Wash face w/ Carly's Clear and Smooth
Breakfast

Organic EVOO - 2 tbs
Green smoothie w/ added protein, fruit, wheat grass, 2 tbs ACV, MSM, turmeric
Vitamin C - 1000 mg
Vitamin B Complex
Dry Vitamin E - 400 iu
Calcium - 600 mg
Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1 tsp
Dinner
Organic EVOO - 1 tbs
Chromium Picolinate - 200 mcg
Borage Oil - 1000 mg with high amount of GLA
Twin Lab Arctic Cod Liver Oil - 1 tsp
Night
ZMA - 3 tabs
Wash face w/ water. Tone: ACV/water. Moistourize: aloe vera w/ niacinamide

AVOID: Hydrogenated vegetable oils, red meat, dairy, sugar, bad carbs.

Sleep well & exercise! 90-95% clear. Die Acne. Just Die.

#13 Healthoid

Healthoid

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

Skippy is shit.

Try natural peanut butter, stuff that only has peanuts and salt.

#14 Is There No Cure?

Is There No Cure?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

Peanut butter is great for weightlifting but it seriously breaks me out, more than the Whey does. Milk breaks me out big time otherwise i can see myself much bigger than I am now if I weren't forced to drop those off my diet. I think i'll continue nonetheless this summer, on accutane now so I hope it'll suppress it. Nuts in general break the shit out of me; banana's don't and when both of them are put together on toast; it's something to die for.

#15 xxChombo

xxChombo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Healthoid @ Apr 30 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skippy is THE shit.

Try it.

I edited your post for you.

#16 delt1324

delt1324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Is There No Cure? @ May 5 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Peanut butter is great for weightlifting but it seriously breaks me out, more than the Whey does. Milk breaks me out big time otherwise i can see myself much bigger than I am now if I weren't forced to drop those off my diet. I think i'll continue nonetheless this summer, on accutane now so I hope it'll suppress it. Nuts in general break the shit out of me; banana's don't and when both of them are put together on toast; it's something to die for.

Well you might be trying Soy milk and Natural peanut butter .. Soy milk helps ALOT and it contains lots of proteinss too smile.gif

#17 Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea

C'est la Vie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

I have peanut butter every morning and sometimes various nuts in the afternoon (peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, etc.). They're great for you in moderation, along with just about anything else you can ingest. Personally, I don't think they affect my acne at all in the quantities I have them now.

I've started lifting weights in the beginning of the year to tone up a bit too, and I think the lending hand of the peanut's protein is definitely helping the results. Just don't swallow it 24/7 and you should be fine acne-wise. smile.gif

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

#18 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Sweet Pea @ Mar 21 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have peanut butter every morning and sometimes various nuts in the afternoon (peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, etc.). They're great for you in moderation, along with just about anything else you can ingest. Personally, I don't think they affect my acne at all in the quantities I have them now.

I've started lifting weights in the beginning of the year to tone up a bit too, and I think the lending hand of the peanut's protein is definitely helping the results. Just don't swallow it 24/7 and you should be fine acne-wise. smile.gif

I love cashew raw. I used to eat a lot of this and never broke out. tongue.gif

all nuts are fine smile.gif just make sure their raw!

Sadly there are no raw peanuts
:\
Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#19 C00kieM0nshta

C00kieM0nshta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

...Just have to reawaken this topic.

I love my organic 100% natural PB. After a tough weights session i'd consume bout 5 TBS (100 grams of PB; great for gains biggrin.gif ) which is literally, fkn nuts, i know lol.

I'm devastated that it breaks me out badly around chin and jawline.

And after Xtensive research this is why:

Elevated plasma levels of free fatty acids cause peripheral and hepatic insulin resistance (Insulin Resistance in liver and skeletal muscle) and may also activate a pro-inflammatory and pro-atherogenic pathway.

www.springerlink.com/content/7734t22852m6w515/

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12028371

And it makes sense too unfortunately. If running on fats for fuel (thanks to quantity) than insulin-stimulated uptake of glucose is reduced/impaired.

For me, its all or nothing. If i cant exploit my PB then i just have to resist. Fkn nuts, i know tongue.gif

Edited by C00kieM0nshta, 16 April 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#20 silxcite

silxcite

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Healthoid @ Apr 30 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skippy is shit.

Try natural peanut butter, stuff that only has peanuts and salt.

I concur. Skippy peanut butter has partially hydrogenated oils which would have contributed to the acne.