Photo

Challenging the challenges caused by acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
213 replies to this topic

#201 aze

aze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I find that when my skin is breaking out, going out only makes me feel more self-conscious... I end up seeing other people (seems like everyone) with perfectly clear skin and it makes me feel worse. At least at home I don't have anyone to compare myself too! On a brighter note, here are things that DO help:

-Exercise: I love running, and whenever I build up the courage to go for a run (it's currently minus 14 degrades celcius, so it's not always easy) I feel way better. I find it helps improve my mood, and I think it helps my skin too... 

I feel that I am doing something good for my body. Even though my skin may not be perfect, I can still have toned legs, right?

-Eating! Going to the grocery store and picking out yummy, healthy foods makes me feel better and I feel like I am being pro-active and doing something to help my body. Indulging in fruits and veggies always make me feel good!

I can't say going out helps all that much, plus if all your friends want to party and get drunk... you just know what that means for your skin :s

I'm just getting really depressed and basically having mini panic attacks lately about my skin. Ran out of my prescriptions for the stuff I was on for the last year and a half and it did wonders. I was completely clear, hyper-pigmentation healed and everything. Unfortunately, within a month of stopping I now have worse acne than I have had ever included huge cystic acne all over the middle of my face and top of my nose! I could normally get through it since I have a dermatologist appointment on Monday, but my friend's having her son's first birthday party on Saturday and she is inviting all of these people from high school (I'm 24 now) and I haven't seen them since then so I'm just really embarrassed. I have to go because I am the godmother and I feel obligated but just thinking about it makes me cry so much. I don't want anyone to see me like this. I can't even smile because I have painful pimples around my lips and jaw...I'm just really depressed. I hope Saturday goes by quick and I hope Monday bring some solutions here. whistling.gif/ Everyday I wake up and look in the mirror I have to hold back tears. When I messaged my other friend about what I'm going through she said she was having "severe" breakouts too...I saw her and her face was flawless not one pimple in sight maybe just a teeny itty bit of redness. If she thinks her skin is bad then what in the world is she going to think of me? whistling.gif( Why can't I just have clear skin like everybody else I know? I do everything right! Sigh...I guess I just needed somewhere to vent.

Ahh I feel your pain! My boyfriend was trying to make me go to class the other day while I was having a little breakdown over my skin and it did not turn out well. He abandoned the project and I let myself cry and feel miserable until I felt a bit better.  Sometimes you just have to wait until you're ready to go out, or else it just makes things worse.

#202 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I get up and go to school everyday for the past 5 years covered in acne. I still have friends.

#203 IvyHawk

IvyHawk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I get up and go to school everyday for the past 5 years covered in acne. I still have friends.

Dang. And people call me tough.

I don't do coffee.

I color outside the lines for fun.

#204 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Dang. And people call me tough.
Lol it was a joke.

#205 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I go to clubs even though I am the only one with scars on face.

#206 aze

aze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

I find that when my skin is breaking out, going out only makes me feel more self-conscious... I end up seeing other people (seems like everyone) with perfectly clear skin and it makes me feel worse. At least at home I don't have anyone to compare myself too! On a brighter note, here are things that DO help:

-Exercise: I love running, and whenever I build up the courage to go for a run (it's currently minus 14 degrades celcius, so it's not always easy) I feel way better. I find it helps improve my mood, and I think it helps my skin too... 

I feel that I am doing something good for my body. Even though my skin may not be perfect, I can still have toned legs, right?

-Eating! Going to the grocery store and picking out yummy, healthy foods makes me feel better and I feel like I am being pro-active and doing something to help my body. Indulging in fruits and veggies always make me feel good!

I can't say going out helps all that much, plus if all your friends want to party and get drunk... you just know what that means for your skin :s

I'm just getting really depressed and basically having mini panic attacks lately about my skin. Ran out of my prescriptions for the stuff I was on for the last year and a half and it did wonders. I was completely clear, hyper-pigmentation healed and everything. Unfortunately, within a month of stopping I now have worse acne than I have had ever included huge cystic acne all over the middle of my face and top of my nose! I could normally get through it since I have a dermatologist appointment on Monday, but my friend's having her son's first birthday party on Saturday and she is inviting all of these people from high school (I'm 24 now) and I haven't seen them since then so I'm just really embarrassed. I have to go because I am the godmother and I feel obligated but just thinking about it makes me cry so much. I don't want anyone to see me like this. I can't even smile because I have painful pimples around my lips and jaw...I'm just really depressed. I hope Saturday goes by quick and I hope Monday bring some solutions here. whistling.gif/ Everyday I wake up and look in the mirror I have to hold back tears. When I messaged my other friend about what I'm going through she said she was having "severe" breakouts too...I saw her and her face was flawless not one pimple in sight maybe just a teeny itty bit of redness. If she thinks her skin is bad then what in the world is she going to think of me? whistling.gif( Why can't I just have clear skin like everybody else I know? I do everything right! Sigh...I guess I just needed somewhere to vent.

Ahh I feel your pain! My boyfriend was trying to make me go to class the other day while I was having a little breakdown over my skin and it did not turn out well. He abandoned the project and I let myself cry and feel miserable until I felt a bit better.  Sometimes you just have to wait until you're ready to go out, or else it just makes things worse.

Story of my life! 

#207 praveen64

praveen64

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Story of my life! 

No liking to Going to classes and going to work had always been a issues when I was acne filled tomato roll :)

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Please read the board rules*

I was suffering from acne, but, I am cured now through self discipline and hardwork.
Don't listen to "NO" sayers, it takes a leap of faith and a strong belief in our bodies
AMAZING healing abilities.

#208 Angie82

Angie82

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

I have moderate-severe acne since I was 10 years old, so for 20 years now. To be honest its never actually depressed me or got me down seriously, its just been more of an annoyance or hassle than anything else. I only ever had people say mean things to my face about it a hand full of times when I was at school, and that was more to do with the thick foundation I wore than my actual spots, and during my adult life the only person who put me down about my skin was an abusive partner that I was with for 3 years. I was a glamour model before I had my daughter, and have done a small amount of alternative modelling as a hobby over the past 5 years as well, even with horrendous skin. So I never really let it rule my life to an extreme extent where I became a recluse, but I always wear makeup when going out anywhere, never go swimming or sunbathe (cant wear makeup), and whenever I had a partner they never, ever saw me without makeup. Yes there have been many many times where I have felt ugly, and not good enough, a failure, anxious and just generally disgusting because my skin was having a bad week or month, but I would just get on with it i suppose. Just apply my makeup and forget about what was underneath. Also I never took oral medication for it, just topical creams and medicated facewash.

Well at the moment my skin is the worst its ever been, over the last month it has just erupted into something unrecognisable and I have actually stopped going out other than the school run and food shopping. I never thought at 30 that this would happen, and that after living with something for 20 years that it could make me feel this bad. I have taken 2 weeks off of work and am refusing to see my partner, with no real explaination as to why, because I cannot even wear makeup to cover it. I feel disfigured, like a freak.

But as awful as I feel at the moment I do know that it will get better slowly, I am clinging onto the hope that its just a severe breakout, maybe a reaction to sleeping with makeup on too often and stress that I have been under for the last 5 months or so, and that this is not how my skin is going to look forever. I cant even contemplate that for a second as its too scary. I have been to the doctor and am now on antibiotics and BP (which I am aware is not a permanent cure) and am hoping that at least will clear up this breakout if nothing else. I am also seeing a friend over the weekend, and I know im going to be really nervous to let her see how terrible I look at the moment but she is a close friend and the company will do me good. The way I look at it at least its caused me to address my acne properly and also my use of makeup, as never again will I be too embarressed to let a partner see me bare faced because Im sure thats what has caused it to break out this bad. This will in turn allow me to slowly start accepting who I am without all the expensive cosmetics and perhaps be a bit more real, at least some of the time. Because I am not ugly, I just have scars. I am bloody determined to find some kind of positive outcome in this! :)

#209 nicklove

nicklove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

i wish i could date a girl who has acne just like me tired of all this bs focused on being attractive my heart is beautiful and i know people who struggle with acne have a great heart so i wanna date a girl with acne any takers

#210 Rooster1975

Rooster1975

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

Well im 38 and my acne is pretty much gone occasional pimple here and there. Mostly dealing with the scars left behind now. Basically had my head in the sand my entire life because of it. But i figured hey im gonna start trying to help folks who have scarring and acne so i made my first youtube video and i've joined this forum in hopes to learn and to be of help if possible. If i had one quick tip for people with acne i would say check your diet, you could literally be allergic to something and not even know it. For me the culprit i believe was milk products.

#211 nicklove

nicklove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

nice girl i like hmu today really wanna see her but my acne just exploded i feel embarresed and self concious but im gonna see her anyway if she doesnt like me because of my skin it probly is a good thing but damn i just want the clear skin i would pay thousands

#212 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

We are all going to get old and wrinkly one day, so why not focus on the positive aspects of life? We are obviously on this earth for a limited amount of time --noone knows how long for each person -- so why not find a purpose for yourself? It could be something as simple as helping the people you care about, volunteering, or making yourself happy in ways that do not involve your appearance. I discovered over the years I have had acne that there is a correlation between acne and depression, so the more happy you can be in your everyday life, the more chances your body has of feeling more balanced.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#213 allthefireflies

allthefireflies

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

I know I have acne and permanent scarring for a reason. I still hate it and lately especially am do down by it BUT...
If someday in life I can help even one person to cope or deal with or feel better about their imperfections because of the scarring all over my face; then it's not suffering for nothing.

#214 Tiffaniishka

Tiffaniishka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

I'm a ballet student, and you know how it is. We have to wear leotards that expose our back and chest. We can't wear makeup (though some of us do) because we sweat it out anyway. I have severe back acne and a bit on my chest but it hasn't stopped me from dancing! 

Awesomely enough, my teachers and my classmates don't care about my acne! I think.  (Though it troubles me a lot as I really want to get rid of it ASAP)