Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Challenging the challenges caused by acne

220 posts in this topic

This is a very good topic!!

I never thought i would of been here talkin about a problem that we all have and are embarrased of.

Im just like u man just trying to isolate myself from the rest of the world due to this shitty problem. My acne is on and off but mostly ON. For example today my girlfriends(Ima guy) invited me to their parties and I dont want to go cuz my acne got a little worse than usual. I just hate having to not go out because of what I think people would think about me. Sometimes I also just go out and dont give a crap what other people think but then I just give up thinking like that and i right back in my house. But inspite of all that im thankfull im still here on this complicated world, healthy and young. I guess its just up to the person who suffers with acne on how they react to thier problem.

Quoted from above:

"But in spite of all that I'm thankful I'm still here on this complicated world, healthy and young. I guess its just up to the person who suffers with acne on how they react to their problem." :D

So here's it is people. Something really important is listed above and I want anyone who reads this to take note!!!!!!!!!!!! READY??????? WHAT IS IT IN THOSE 2 SENTENCES ABOVE?????? ANYONE HAVE A GUESS??????????????????

HERE IT IS. GRATITIDE AND ATTITUDE. BOTH WILL GET YOU REALLY FAR IN LIFE. BE GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING THAT FLOWS INTO YOUR LIFE, BUT HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE/OUTLOOK AS WELL FOR YOUR FUTURE.

WHY?????????????????????

Because whatever energy you put out there is the energy you get back. The world and the envrionment around it loves grateful, positive people. And if you change to this, you change the people around you, could be your family, friends, work place and on and on.

In fact, really it's the whole world you can change by changing and healing yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You affect everyone around you positively or negatively. The choice is yours! :D:cool:;):wavey::hifive:

Acne does make u stronger. I think it makes u develop balls (courage and guts) to go out there and say, "hey i have acne but ima great person but if you only look at my acne u will never see the real me"

Something i did a few days ago was i actually asked a girl out and we are together. i just got moderate acne. I would have never asked anybody with a touch of acne when i was younger. This is a great topic :surprised:

Let me out of this place I'm outta place

I'm in in outter space, I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so

I think the only positive thing about acne is it makes you a stonger kinder person in a way...

Other than that it just plain sucks... ha ha

Accutane started 07/11/08

6 month's completed!

Yasmin BCPno longer on BCP

RoC Purif-AC Soothing Reparator

Click for my accutane log - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Accutane-...wi-t216262.html

"no one will remember today so don't sweat it, look forward to the future"

I think the only positive thing about acne is it makes you a stonger kinder person in a way...

Other than that it just plain sucks... ha ha

maybe acne comes from candida. some symptoms are :

acne, abdominal gas, headaches, excessive fatigue, cravings for alcohol, anxiety, cravings for sweets,

inability to think clearly or concentrate, mood swings, itching, depression, dizziness, poor memory,

muscle weakness, earaches, etc.

the only REALLY positive thing about acne is that when you are clear and free of marks, your confidence level will jump THROUGH THE ROOF. more than it ever was BEFORE you had acne.

man, ive been alternating between states of clear and mild acne, and when i am clear, i feel like a whole different person. i can easily approach strangers because i know that theyre not looking at my acne. i can easily approach girls with no problem because i know that that im handsome. relationships with all my friends improve. i become much more talkative in general.

guys, just have hope. eventually your day will come, and you will explode with confidence!

2 people like this

the only REALLY positive thing about acne is that when you are clear and free of marks, your confidence level will jump THROUGH THE ROOF. more than it ever was BEFORE you had acne.

man, ive been alternating between states of clear and mild acne, and when i am clear, i feel like a whole different person. i can easily approach strangers because i know that theyre not looking at my acne. i become much more talkative in general.

I think you are soo right about that, I feel like a whole differnt person when my skin is clear... how ever I still have red marks... which are very hard to cover... But I totally know what you mean.

Accutane started 07/11/08

6 month's completed!

Yasmin BCPno longer on BCP

RoC Purif-AC Soothing Reparator

Click for my accutane log - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Accutane-...wi-t216262.html

"no one will remember today so don't sweat it, look forward to the future"

Well, to be honest, I just really wanted to come in this thread and make an angry comment, 'cause simply acne sucks, I don't want to bring out the 'positive' sides of it nor I want to appreciate anything anyhow anywhere whatever....

But, yeah, I'm enjoying more the regular stuff that I do, 'cause every time a person is talking about a relative or a friend with a severe disease, maybe cancer, or even they've had a car accident and they couldn't walk anymore, or blind and deaf people...I really just really want to slap me in the face for worrying about a minor thing such as acne....If I was deaf I wouldn't listen to the music I love, I wouldn't be able to hear my mom's voice for example, or just birds in the morning...and it sounds so funny right now, but you can't imagine how hard it would be to be deaf or blind...

And hey, we still have our arms and legs...go take a vacation, explore something, go do something fun...watch a great movie....whatever inspires you and whatever you love!

And keep fightin'!

When classmates asked why he was missing a chunk of his limb, he said it had been devoured by a shark while he was surfing off the coast of Hawaii. When his class sang “Y.M.C.A.,†he laughed because his M was missing an arch. When his mother asked him to wash his hands before dinner, he said that was not an option.

“It was a time in a kid’s life where it can be traumatic if you’ve got a pimple or the wrong haircut, and he had one hand,†Laue’s mother, Jodi, said. “But it never mattered because he was comfortable with himself.â€

By ADAM HIMMELSBACH

Published: December 26, 2008

New York Times

I ran for class president both freshman and sophomore year, and won both times! Those two years were the worst years acne wise for me too.

When people used to look at me I would make sure to look them right back in their eyes, made them less likely to make a comment.

But I'm not sure if that was the right way to approach it thinking back, I'd much rather just be able to not worry about what other people think. But thinking about that just makes me worry more and start walking funny.

Now when I walk I just try to zone out, and it doesnt even have to do with acne, I just cant take the silence.

I look at my other features and make myself give me complimants. I know that sounds stupid but if i am having a hard time with my skin I will say to myself "wow, you have really nice eyes" or "your hair looks fantastic today" I say this over and over again until I feel good about myself. wow I sound kinda lame.

1 person likes this

Yes, having acne does make you stronger.

I have noticed that over the years comments hurt less.

I have also gained the abillity to avoid looking into mirrors like the plague. I remember that I would go shopping and then look at myself in the mirror and be grossed out :X and just leave. So now when shopping I look from the neck down mostly. It works. :dance:

I don't hide out at home though. I still go out. Yes the looks and comments aren't nice but I have a life to live. We have only one so live it to the fullest.

overall, i think acne has done quite a few good things for me, but the most important is definately that whatever vanity i had before acne is long gone, and i think i can judge a persons character better now, as i no longer consider their appearance as important

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars...."

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he isn't. A sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

well for my it made me realize i was pretty before having acne. I've always had low self-esteem, even before acne. & when i got acne i realized how pretty i used to be. I guess that's good.

Hey everyone. I am making this post so that we can help each other cope with the challenges that we face everyday due to acne. I for example miss out on a lot of things because of acne, because I am embarrassed and choose to hibernate in my room. I've read many peoples forums and we can all relate; acne is really really really depressing.

But I realize that I am giving up on life, and I don't want acne to control my life anymore

SO INSTEAD OF POSTING NEGATIVE FEELINGS TOWARDS ACNE, I WANT FOR A CHANGE TO SEE SOME POSITIVE POSTS ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR ACNE.

what are some challenges/fears from acne that you have overcome? How did it make you feel? Is it something that you were able to continue to overcome?

For example: I went out with a large cyst today. I woke up in the morning. depressed, didnt want to look in the mirror sat there examining my face. Normally i would not go out at all, just hibernate in my room, or go out wearing a hat (which in the end makes my forehead break out more). I got the courage to just say screw it, im going out to face the public and took a walk on a main street. It felt good just to walk and not care what other people might think. Im just starting to make little changes like this. cuz in the end, i think we really do analyze our skin more than other people. we are our worst critic.

I wanna challenge myself to not look in the mirror all the time, or to distract my attention away from my acne; or to go out with friends etc. I will keep you updated to let you know how i do.

this guy said to me the other day, its not what happens in life that important, its what you make of it. so true.

yes, sometimes i feel embarassed if my acne come up, and it will be even worse if my friend making a party and he/she invite me... oh.. i have bad feelings....

so do u have the solution about that...without healing my acne first, because it will take a long time.

:dance:

This is such a great thread, reading it has really cheered me up today, so thanks all for your posts, they really do help!

*sigh* back to working on feeling better...

reading this today also made me feel better. especially now my acne is really flaring up - going back on accutane for a SECOND time at the end of the month...but these posts made me feel better. i love this support group. we're all great people despite our acne....we are not defined by it. i can't even believe i am saying these things because i have felt HORRIBLE about acne for the last 7 years and knowing that it does not define me does not necessarily make me feel so much better, but thinking about it all the time will help over time. good luck to everyone who is struggling with this horrendous issue and i feel your pain - just know you are not alone and if there is anyone in the world that understands you, we do on these message boards.

-s

Hey its nice someone is being positive!! :( one good thing i will say about my acne is that i have become the make up QUEEN!! all my friends come to me for advice on the best foundations, concelers, mascaras ect, nd it ROX!!! its fun talking to them about it but i don't think they realise that my entire life revolves around foundation, i'm not joking. i just can't go out anymore with out being covered in it from my forehead to my chest, i feel naked without it. even when i'm on my own i re-apply and re-apply it. it really expensive too. I re-apply it every 30mins or so, it completely controls my life. I was at a friends house a few days ago nd noticed i'd forgotten my foundation, i completely FREAKED OUT, started cryin nd all, she let me borow hers so it was ok in the end, but at the end of the sleepover i'd nearly finished it. Sometimes when i look in the mirror i actually scare myself at how ugly i am, i used to be really pretty by now my face is just this black and red greasy mess :boohoo: lol, ahhhh wel i'm on tetracycline now (but it hasn't helped) and will hopefully be put on something stronger soon :dance: YAY!! This website is brilliant its great to talk to other people with problems like meeeeeeee!! so yeh think positive, things can get beta!

Hey its nice someone is being positive!! :( one good thing i will say about my acne is that i have become the make up QUEEN!! all my friends come to me for advice on the best foundations, concelers, mascaras ect, nd it ROX!!! its fun talking to them about it but i don't think they realise that my entire life revolves around foundation, i'm not joking. i just can't go out anymore with out being covered in it from my forehead to my chest, i feel naked without it. even when i'm on my own i re-apply and re-apply it. it really expensive too. I re-apply it every 30mins or so, it completely controls my life. I was at a friends house a few days ago nd noticed i'd forgotten my foundation, i completely FREAKED OUT, started cryin nd all, she let me borow hers so it was ok in the end, but at the end of the sleepover i'd nearly finished it. Sometimes when i look in the mirror i actually scare myself at how ugly i am, i used to be really pretty by now my face is just this black and red greasy mess :boohoo: lol, ahhhh wel i'm on tetracycline now (but it hasn't helped) and will hopefully be put on something stronger soon :dance: YAY!! This website is brilliant its great to talk to other people with problems like meeeeeeee!! so yeh think positive, things can get beta!

My life revolves around foundation too haha, no-one has actually seen me without it for a looong time >.<

My acne isn't so terrible that I would shut myself in the room all day, but it's still bad enough that I hate talking to people (especially of the opposite gender) when I'm on one of the "bad days".

I haven't really done anything courageous about my acne. I'm sure everyone's like this but on the days when my acne is almost cleared (or at least a lot more clear than usual), I am much more social and I go to parties (no alcohol =D) and I have a LOT of fun.

It's so not fair, having acne. It keeps me (well, keeps us) a lot of times in an inferior, shameful mode.

But the good news is: I don't use makeup! =D I'm so proud of myself.

I hate it when I try to cover everything up with makeup. First, it feels all gross and sticky, and second, it makes me feel like I'm ashamed of my body...which I'm not.

Ehh, the one positive thing about it for me, is that it taught me that good ol "don't judge a book by its cover". We all learn that as kids because it's unarguable ethically and morally right. However in today's society I've found that that saying is almost impossible for some people. Anyway I didn't realize how much of a judgmental asshole I was until I got all this and realized I could care less about how people look. I've met a lot of cool people in my time. Some of the coolest people I've met, were people I'd never think I'd talk to. And believe me the whole segregated cliques that there are in high school carry on in the outside world too. People are too quick to judge. And a lot of people I've met end up telling me, "y'know dude, I'd never expect a person like you to be this cool" and it feels good, cuz not only have I learned a lesson that's bettered me as a person, I've spread and taught the lesson which overall betters society. You gotta be honest man. If it wasn't your acne it's be your weight, if it wasn't your weight, it'd be your nose, if it wasn't your nose, it'd be your eye color, and so on so forth. I tend to be thankful that I live in society where the only thing I have to worry about in the morning is a pimple and not whether my house is gonna get blown up, yknow? Hope all this helped.

My acne has been looking pretty bad lately and I absolutely dread the oiliness of my face. But you know what, even though I do care about how i look a lot, I don't let my insecurities get in the way of me being myself and just trying to be as awesome as I can be. Does that make sense? I sound kind of conceited. But really, acne (and your appearances in general) doesn't define who you are. There are those people who are beautiful, but they're just boring! Just be you. With or without the imperfections.

So I guess that's a positive thing that I've learned having acne. Also, it has made me a less judgmental person to other's physical imperfections.

I'm a guy. "Naturally" I judge people of the opposite sex by their appearance, not by their personality. Acne has helped me establish friendship with people of the opposite sex based on their character and not their appearance. Now I'm reaping the benefits. I do not have any friends that are airheads :).