Photo

I effin want PERFECT skin!!!

aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 (eLLe)

(eLLe)

eh?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:13 AM

yes, i effin want perfect skin! i wanna have hard-boiled egg, porcelain-like skin!! lol, and this is my journey...... cool.gif

main problems that i'm addressing are stubborn blackheads, uneven skin tone, large pores, and imperfect skin texture.

right now, am on salicylic acid. it's not doing enough. so i'm gonna try different things. stuff i'm considering are AHA to replace BHA, taking evening primrose oil for hormonal breakouts, and polysporin. suggestions are welcome. i'm gonna go to the mall this weekend and buy new products and get this log started, yay!!!

4/17/2008 skin situation:
hormonal breakout just ended. no pimples. just some redmarks.

Current routine:

AM:
cleanse with lukewarm water
moisturize/sun protection with olay complete spf 15 sensitive (changing soon)

PM:
cleanse with cetaphil gentle cleanser
moisturize with jojoba oil when still damp
treatment with PC 2% BHA liquid (replacing soon with AHA)
wait at least 30min, then moisturize again with jojoba oil, if necessary

if i go into a picking frenzy, i apply tto to prevent infections (replacing soon with polysporin)

this routine keeps me clear, except when the effin hormones of the cycle kick in, then my skin deteriorates literally overnight. eusa_boohoo.gif i still wanna be a women in the next life, but hopefully by then science is so advanced that there's no such thing as hormonal breakouts. wink.gif

#2 NoTanSuperman

NoTanSuperman

Jonathan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I genuinely hope you achieve your goal. Mine is the same as yours. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. We will kick acne's arse.
the accutane chronicles ... parts I and II ... photos inside ... mission accomplished: http://www.acne.org/...ed-t198059.html

#3 lilgilly

lilgilly

Miss E.McG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

i read this and it was as if i could have written it. i am trying to target my stubborn blackheads, uneven skin tone, large pores, and imperfect skin texture and i only breakout when its that time of the month and literally ill go to bed thinking yeah my skin is looking good then BAM! my skin breaks out.

I actually changed from BHA to AHA and i changed back. I then did some research on it all and AHA exfoliate the top layer of the skin whereas BHA exfoliates within the pore and so blackheads are in the pore so BHA works better. BUT don't let me influence you! Try it out everyones skin is different.

Hope it works out well for you!!!!

#4 cementface

cementface

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

BE CAREFUL THOUGH.
the one thing i have noticed...is that people get greedy about perfect skin..
and even when their skin is mild they strive for perfection and try something new, and it ends up fucking with their skin and making it worse than it was.
we all want perfect skin, just try not to get to greedy, you will regret it

REMEMBER...that you are your skins worst critic, not everyone sees your skin as badly as it looks to you.

#5 djh123

djh123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

Edited by djh123, 03 September 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#6 Lucky9

Lucky9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

it sounds like you acnes not that bad........I've got pretty bad acne on my chin. I've been using the Beauty Skin Light, im only 18 days in and havnt noticed a massive change on my chin yet, but its really helping on my nose which was rockin some really deep blackheads

Check my log for a full breakdown of my regime and progress!

#7 miss bliss

miss bliss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

Good luck! I just started Retin A for just about the same reasons (except I'm also a smoker and I actually did get little red zits...seemed like there were always 2-4 in permanent residence on my cheeks!).

In the spirit of what cement face said, remember the 10 foot rule! Almost no one sees you much closer than 10 feet away. While I understand the anxiety of standing two inches from a mirror and fretting about every pore and mark, and while I understand that it is one's own right to attempt to treat imperfections as we see fit, you still have to ALWAYS keep in mind that nobody is seeing it how you are. If your large pores and dullness are truly robbing you of confidence, that's one thing, but please, PLEASE don't think every person you pass on the street is going "Oh my god! Large pores and dullness!! Glasses and a ponytail?!?! Sick!" cause they SO aren't. Either way, let us know.

BTW, I say ditch the salicyc acid. Sounds like you need good, consistent exfoliation and skin cell turnover coupled with moisturization, not oil/bacteria controllers.

#8 DesiAngel

DesiAngel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

Wish you all the best on your regimn but remember one thing, there is no such thing as perfect!

#9 diareads

diareads

DiaReads

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

have you ever tried chasteberry? I use the one, vitax, its like 8 dollars and helps female hormones. Seriously its like the best thing (and only thing) ive found to work for my hormonal acne. I sometimes can take up to three months of taking it until it fully kicks in, but believe me, its the best 8 dollars i ever spend!

--also, if you take it and it stops your hormonal acne, dont stop taking it because the acne will come back! ive tried stopping it twice but it comes back.
this always helps my huge hormonal chin cysts. <3 best of luck

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey