Photo

What kind of Nutrients/Minerals/Supplements Does PGX Bind?

vitamin vitamins vitamin d chromium probiotic

5 replies to this topic

#1 RonP

RonP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

I'm having a hard time finding answers to this questions: What CAN I take with PGX? PGX is working great for me. However, I want to attack insulin insensitivity as hard as I can, so I'm trying to fit in Chromium and ALA, but am not sure if I can take these with PGX.

I got little answers when posting on the body-buidling forum. Basically, they said anything non-fat is safe to take with PGX..

PGX is a fiber that doesn't act as a total sponge and bind everything. Why else would PGX have other ingredients? Why is it advised to take a probiotic with PGX? I just need to know which of the following are safe to take with PGX:

EFA (Fish, Flax, Borage, Olive Oil)
Chromium
MSM
B-Supplement
Vitamin D
Probiotic
Taurine

I just don't want to uselessly take supplements with PGX. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks guys.

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

All of them. It's not selective. It forms a gel that binds up everything.

You can probably take probiotics with the PQX because fiber is food for them.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 chrisaus

chrisaus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:04 AM

i think the emoticon given to this thread is the moderators way of indicating that he/she does not favour soluble fiber strategies. If this is the case the moderator should be aware that insoluble fiber is the evil nutrient stripper not soluble.
The 2nd poster to jump on the pgx bandwagon. User Blessthefall being my superior.

#4 RonP

RonP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (chrisaus @ Apr 17 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think the emoticon given to this thread is the moderators way of indicating that he/she does not favour soluble fiber strategies. If this is the case the moderator should be aware that insoluble fiber is the evil nutrient stripper not soluble.

Actually I just threw that guy in there. Still looking for answers to this question, though.

#5 RonP

RonP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

bump anyone?

#6 chrisaus

chrisaus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

ronp I don't mean to be rude but i clearly remember answering this question of yours about 4 times in a row. Just do a search on my previous posts and you will find the answer in detail. The short answer is you can take pgx with anything. It is not some deadly anthrax, it is very very safe. And lili has just informed me that soluble fiber (pgx) does not interfere with nutrient or supplement absorption, only insoluble fiber (brocolli etc) does.
The 2nd poster to jump on the pgx bandwagon. User Blessthefall being my superior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users