Photo

Finally after 10 years with acne, I am 100% clear with diet! Regimen included.

vitamin vitamins vitamin a vitamin e calcium chromium fish oil zinc saw palmetto

This topic is archived.
590 replies to this topic

#1 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

Here's to 10 years of acne gone!

I made this thread to help those who are suffering like I was in any way I can. And also, of course, to share what I did. Sorry it took so long to make it, in fact it took what, about 5 months? I just had to be sure it wasn't a fluke, or I grew out of it, and that I had it under complete control while testing everythin
ng. Testing takes quite a while smile.gif. But now I can feel good and secure about making this thread now that it's over officially.

History:

I would like to thank all of acne.org for finally making this happen. Before coming to this site, I was a typical person who thought the idea of acne and diet was rather silly. I used to believe that the body process that dealt with acne had no relation to diet, especially because my parents never told me about it. You don't know what you don't read or see.

After coming here I began reading, slowly believing, still skeptical. I tried the whole "diet thing" and I realized that there were subtle correlations. First came with fish oil, that's when I knew, that acne was going to be over through DIET, but something was missing! So I kept trying various regimens but it all just felt too confusing because they were so different! I kept experimenting though, one thing after another. I would add in one vitamin, take one out, add a herb, experiment with different foods, stop eating certain foods, wondered about allergies, sensitivities. It even went on with topicals, and very strange things that I would rather not even mention lol! I tried near everything. Everything from Digestive enzymes to indian herbs to weird trends and th en some.

Nothing made sense anymore. I researched to no end, almost to the point where I could find evidence that everything caused acne and cured acne too. I got fed up. If I followed everything, I would be left with water and fiber! lol

In fact, acne got so bad at one point because of all the crazy things I was trying that it ended up becoming severe. I remember after starting Saw Palmetto, my acne got really bad. To the point that people were asking me what was wrong with me and they were scared and worried! That was the low point of my life. I even went to the doctor and was given some antibiotics. At that point I felt I gave up on life and it was my lowest point, ever. I felt/looked/and was horrible. I took it for a while but stopped because I knew I had to do this myself. So thankfully my prayers were answered!

So then I sat down and looked at it from a nutritional standpoint. I blocked all the noise. I focused on the basic aspects of what the body needs and what affects it the most. That's it! I knew that certain things affect only certain people so I left all that till the end. I just wanted to first be sure I got everything in my diet that I needed, and see where that took me. If I got better yet still had acne, I would then experiment by omitting certian foods. But it made no sense to start with the small things that MAY cause acne for SOME people. So I started with the basics of nutrition. Because I am human, not an accumulation of minor problems from every person!

I also needed something fast, efficient, cheap, and effective because I couldn't go to the groceries every 3rd day and I had a huge family so my fridge was always full, barely any room for any more food.

Regimen:

(I am no way saying this is the cure for acne, I am just stating what helped me and listing out what I did in case anyone wants to try! I am well aware everyone may have different causes for acne)

So with all the research, I ensured that I would get all my vitamins and minerals necessary in relation to the skin. I also knew some vitamins SHOULD be paired with others and some should NOT be taken together.

This is what I did, and have been doing for the past 6 months now, with complete success

- Get 4 servings of extra virgin olive oil a day
- Take 1 serving of Twin Labs liquid cod liver oil a day.
- Take 1 serving of Carlson's liquid fish oil a day.
- Vitamins: B-complex, C, E
- Minerals: Zinc, Chromium, Calcium
- Omit Dairy! Way too many hormones
(links to purchasing location, prices, and images at the bottom of this post as well as serving size information)

This is the order I take it in, and found to work the best. Make sure it's taken this way! A lot of them synergetically.

Meal 1 (morning): 2 servings of Extra virgin olive oil in my meal
Post meal: Carlson's fish oil (1 serving)
Supplements: C, E, B, Calcium

Meal 2 (evening): 2 servings of extra virgin olive oil in my meal
Post meal: Twin Labs non-emulsified cod liver oil
Supplements: Zinc, Chromium

Notes:
- Be sure to keep the liquid cod liver oil and liquid fish oil in the fridge!
-Be sure to get a complete B complex like so
http://www.walgreens...p...&id=prod614
(This is the one I take, not sure if the time release matters)
-I buy all my vitamins from walgreens. I don't worry about chelated versions or any other fancy ones. These do just fine.
-When measuring liquids, use a measuring cup! The type that comes with your cold medicine. 1 tsp = 5 ml. 1 tablespoon = 15 ml. Or use a measuring spoon! (they come in teaspoon measurements and tablespoon as well). but DO NOT use the spoon in the drawer that you eat with! Because one teaspoon (that you eat with) does not equal 5 ml! It's almost half. It's important to be sure you are taking the appropriate amounts, so do it right!)
The medicine measuring cups look like this
http://images.jupite...47/23114706.jpg

The spoons look like this
http://images.google...n...sa=N&tab=wi

Use either one

I eat more meals in a day, but I put meal 1 and 2 to show the two meals which I take all my supps/oils. You can also spread out the olive oil through the day. For instance, you can take 1 serving in the morning, 1 in the evening, and the rest with other meals you eat through the day. But just be sure to take the fish body oils with those specified vitamins linked to them and don't switch and mix and match to your liking. They are paired that way since some of them work synergetically.

So yeah that's basically it. There's tons and tons of research behind the reasoning to pair it like that and the research behind how each vitamin/mineral/oil actually works to regulate the processes of the skin (sebum, viscosity, dead skin, keratin, hormones, etc), but it's too much mumbo jumbo to write up. I'll post all the research in a separate link/thread and dump it all in there smile.gif

Big thanks to everyone on acne.org that helped me along the way to understand, read, and research about the science of nutrition and how it all plays an integral role on the body! I learned everything I know now because of you guys.

If you want to see before/after pics just send me a PM, I would rather not post it on this thread but don't mind showing privately smile.gif

In terms of what to actually eat, that is all going to be subjective since some people avoid certain things and not others.

And how do I know it was the diet? Because once I stray from my diet for a while or take something out, it begins to come back... so yes, I know.
That's what took me so long to make this thread. I waited months because I needed to be 100% sure without a single doubt. Now I no longer stray from this regimen smile.gif. And it's quite easy! Once when I wake up, and once when I go to bed, done!

FAQ/Research:

How much is a serving size?

For twin labs cod liver oil, a serving is 5 ml (one teaspoon). For carlson's fish oil it's 5 ml (one teaspoon). For the extra virgin olive oil, look on the back of the bottle which you purchase as each serving size is usually different. Usually it should be 15 ml (one tablespoon).

If you are not sure, look on the back of the bottle, it will tell you serving amount, and size.

Link to Purchase information, Supplement dosages, and Facial regimen!
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2261689

Why Olive oil is really important and crucial
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2265127

Chromium, Insulin, Dairy (IGF-1), sex hormones, and Acne connection
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2298197

Retinol (Vitamin A) importance + zinc < emphasis on retinol
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2298187

Zinc and hormone relation + Vitamin A (retinol) and other zinc benefits < Emphasis on zinc connection
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2298165

Role of Vitamin E and Ance
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2298152

Will this cause me to have an initial breakout? If not then why am I breaking out!
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2261240

Why multivitamins don't cut it
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2296087

#2 jkom

jkom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Ridding myself of this damn disease

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:39 AM

Nice to see you back again Romeo biggrin.gif Incidentally, I was just wondering when/if you'd come back over the past few days.

Like you, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that diet is my solution for acne as well. I typically stay clear using the regimen in my sig that involves most of the same supplements you use, and I'm very slowly trying to quit BP. In fact, my BP usage is as low as it has ever successfully been now that I'm taking a more holistic approach to acne with supplements and diet. Even if diet isn't directly helping my acne, I still enjoy the healthier lifestyle, and there's probably at least some postive psychosomatic effect because of that.

Also, even before reading your post, I had definitely planned to add vitamins C and E and chromium to my regimen eventually. When making changes to my regimen, I try to force myself to proceed slowly and cautiously, so I just haven't made it to those supplements yet. Extra virgin organic olive oil was actually one recent addition, and, while I'm not sure it has any effect on my skin yet, I do enjoy pouring it on stuff.

Thanks for the update!
AM:DKR Cleanser, minimal Alpha Hydrox AHA w/ Jojoba oil (2 drops)
PM (Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun):DKR Cleanser, 15 min., DKR BP, Cetaphil lotion/Alpha Hydrox AHA (1:5) Jojoba oil (5 drops)

PM (MWF): Use AM routine.

Supplements:
AM: fish oil x 2, calcium+vit D, aloe vera gel capsule
PM: fish oil x 2, zinc (30 mg), B-50 complex, garlic capsule, vit D, flaxseed oil
Diet:Fairly strict. Lots of fruits and vegetables, chicken, turkey, sometimes beef, nuts, oats and whole grain stuff for fiber. I ONLY drink water.

unless I mess with my routine.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

Congratulations.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 jemini

jemini

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

Congrats man on finally being clear! That is great news!

#5 AlexGF

AlexGF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

Romeo you are the man!!

can I ask you.. how's your diet .? you eat whole foods ? veggies, meat, fruits?
what do you usually have for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Acne is disappearing... slowly

Regime: this regime has worked for me for the past month. Diet is nothig special; just avoid diary and sugary drinks/foods.. still eating lots of junk food like fries which doesnt' seem to affect me, have some fibre in the breakfast from berries and oats. Chicken, rice, bread, tuna, peppermint and green tea, cocoa, eggs, lost of baby carrots
THE KEY: Sunlight in the morning (15 to 30 mins), sleep at least 7 hrs a day
drink water whenever I can (aimin for 2 ltrs), wash my face with water morning and night
sexual activity only once every 10 days (til my skin recovers, then keep it moderate)
SUPPLEMENTS: MSM 1000 mg 3 times a day, Zinc 50 mg once a day, Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day

#6 WildFlower

WildFlower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, movies, fashion, beauty/skin care/makeup, writing, traveling, and more.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hey NdnRomeo,

Congrats on getting clear! I have a question for you. Your B-Complex vitamin already has vitamin C in it so do you take another vitamin C pill, or is the vitamin C in there enough?

Thanks for sharing your diet with us. I'm getting clear on a healthy diet too. I'm gonna go to Walgreens and get those supplements.

Thanks!
MY LOG

http://www.acne.org/...p;#entry1906744

My Regimen

Morning:
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
Pure Deming Pure C Serum
Olay for Sensitive Skin SPF 15

Evening:
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
Retin-A Micro .1%
Olay for Sensitive Skin (sometimes)

Makeup:
Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector
Clinique Even Better Foundation
Everyday Minerals Blush
Everyday Minerals finishing powder
Everyday Minerals concealer

Status: Clear of acne for 6+ months; now in the process of repairing scars

updated: 10/30/09

#7 ViperVin

ViperVin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

Great post! This will definitely be very useful.

#8 dancedd

dancedd

Clear skin!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

I am so proud of you romeo eusa_dance.gif You deserve to be clear wink.gif

Can you possibly post your topical routine and diet routine?

#9 soultime

soultime

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

Nice work Romeo and thanks for sharing it with us smile.gif
I just wanna know a few things
How much of each of the 3 oils do u take, the olive oil, carlsons fish oil, and cod liver oil in ml?
What is the difference between the later 2 oils and how do they work and compliment each other?
If you have the time to give the mg of your other supplements that would be great too
Thanks

#10 DeAntonio

DeAntonio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

Congrats, good to hear... you made a lot of contributions

Kind of ironic that you were trying so many unique ideas when your regimen that you found to be effective for the most part is very basic

#11 find myself

find myself

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

dude!!! I totally missed you! I was waiting for you to update that fish oil thing!! biggrin.gif I'm so glad for you! GAHHH!!!! Now I must try your regimen! biggrin.gif so happy!

Forgot to ask in my PM if you just drink the extra virgin olive oil or do you cook with it? I'm confused about that.

#12 ViperVin

ViperVin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

NdnRomeo, would you be able to post up direct shopping links to all the products you take?

#13 AlexGF

AlexGF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

I think this is what I need to include in my lifestyle.. I don't exercise at all, just lift weights 3 times a week.. the thing is I don't want to do cardio and burn calories since I am underweight.. but wha

he adds the olive oil after cooking, olive oil is not good for high temperatures.

Acne is disappearing... slowly

Regime: this regime has worked for me for the past month. Diet is nothig special; just avoid diary and sugary drinks/foods.. still eating lots of junk food like fries which doesnt' seem to affect me, have some fibre in the breakfast from berries and oats. Chicken, rice, bread, tuna, peppermint and green tea, cocoa, eggs, lost of baby carrots
THE KEY: Sunlight in the morning (15 to 30 mins), sleep at least 7 hrs a day
drink water whenever I can (aimin for 2 ltrs), wash my face with water morning and night
sexual activity only once every 10 days (til my skin recovers, then keep it moderate)
SUPPLEMENTS: MSM 1000 mg 3 times a day, Zinc 50 mg once a day, Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day

#14 JT

JT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (soultime @ Apr 16 2008, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much of each of the 3 oils do u take, the olive oil, carlsons fish oil, and cod liver oil in ml?
What is the difference between the later 2 oils and how do they work and compliment each other?
If you have the time to give the mg of your other supplements that would be great too
Thanks

Soultime, I take the liquid version of the fish oil (Carlson) and cod liver oil (Twinlab) so 1 teaspoon of each at their respective meals works perfectly.

I'm not 100% certain, but the three oils has a lot to do with balancing your Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. Omega 6 seems to be common in people's diets and the excess amounts of it without Omega 3 & 9 can make someone more acne prone.

Olive Oil helps negate the effects of Omega 6, while the latter two oils increase the Omega 3 and 9 levels to make their ratios more even. That's the extent of my knowledge, feel free to add on or correct me if I'm not accurate.

Here's some mg dosages for the vitamins that I've been using, based on NdnRomeo's recommendations:

Carlson's Liquid Fish Oil (lemon flavor): 1 tsp
Twinlab (lemon flavor) Cod Liver Oil: 1 tsp (Proper measurement of these liquids is important, use a dosage cup/measuring spoon if needed.)
Vitamin C: 250mg
Vitamin E: 200IU if possible, 400IU is more common in stores.
Chromium: 200mcg [Based on research on the boards, GTF Chromium is preferred.]
Zinc: 50mg. Do not take more than this! Dan avoids taking more than 50mg of zinc daily as it can be toxic if taken at higher dosages.

I haven't found a great source of calcium vitamins. My calcium has vitamin D as well, but that's already in my liquid Cod Liver Oil.

If anyone wants a reliable online store, I recommend www.vitaminshoppe.com

Be sure to look up online coupons for that website, I received $10 off my order! Hopefully that helps with some of the questions. I've seen some great results so far! Good luck everyone. (=

#15 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

FAQ: Will this cause an initial break out? If not, then why am I still breaking out!

Our minds are always trained to blame the last thing we have eaten for the breakouts that stand in place at the moment. I know I have done that many, many times, and with that mindset, I've missed some great opportunities in the past smile.gif. Here's the story, basically when you are on this regimen it does take time to fully kick in. So the break outs that you may have 1, 2, or even 3 weeks down the road should not necessarily be interpretted as the new regimen causing the break outs, it's just your regular break out cycle still at it's own doing. Also remember that the nutritents you eat today, will not be seen till 3 to 6 weeks down the road. Why? Because skin builds at a cellular level. The skin you actually see now is almost dead skin. Have you ever scaped your knee or peeled off your skin accidentally? You'll notice pink skin underneath, very sensitive skin that looks red and still has all your fingerprints. That's the skin deeper down inside that's new. So in the same principle, the nutrients are building at that level and will be seen later, so have no fear smile.gif

Remember to think reasonably, it will calm your nerves, and have faith. smile.gif

#16 tobias

tobias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (NdnRomeo @ Apr 15 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Get 4 servings of extra virgin olive oil a day

Hey romeo, any reason for extra virgin instead of normal, or just personal preference?
Males - GET AN ELECTRIC RAZOR, so important

Experimenting with:
-no added/un-natural sugar
-no grains bar rice cakes, gluten-free bread & buckwheat pancakes, of which in moderation. Aim for <50g carbs/day
-intermittent fasting and eating smaller amounts more frequently
-daily exercise

What breaks me out: some pastuerised dairy, gluten, SUGAR, probably starch and lectins, sleep deprivation, lack of sun, stress, some other b*tch of a thing I'm yet to discover

#17 PrznKing

PrznKing

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

PM me with some before/after dude.

#18 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:00 AM

I won't be able to reply individually to everyone today due to time but I'll write out some quick things that can be updated quickly

Facial regimen:
- Purpose Cleanser
- Moisturizer: complex 15. Important tip: Complex 15 works by binding water to the skin. I remember reading somewhere that one molecule can bind 15 molecules of water Or something like that. I believe it, because what I do is take one drop of complex 15, and keep my hand damp, then I rub them together, then on my face. DO NOT just squirt a bunch of complex 15 and then rub it in your face as moisturizer with dry skin. Keep a damp hand, with one or two drops of complex 15, rub together, then rub it into your face. It won't clog pores because it's so minuscule, and it will moisturize with water!

Supplement doses:
-C: 500 mg
-Chromium: 200 mcg
-zinc: 50mg
-B-complex (posted in the original link)
-E: 200 I.U.

Purchase areas:
- For the cod liver and fish oil, go to Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe.
http://www.vitaminsh....jsp?id=CL-1938
http://www.vitaminsh....jsp?id=TL-1097
These are the ones I take, you can find them at both places

- For vitamins, either cvs or walgreens

#19 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (AlexGF @ Apr 16 2008, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Romeo you are the man!!

can I ask you.. how's your diet .? you eat whole foods ? veggies, meat, fruits?
what do you usually have for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

I used to do the whole fresh fruit/fresh veggies diet with meats etc. Oddly enough this works a whole lot beter even though my diet itself is just whole foods. Diet is just a carrier for all my oils and supps if that makes sense. I eat eggs and whole wheat bread for breakfast with oils and supps. In the evening I eat a home made dinner. For snacks I eat oatmeal squares (from quaker), and then at night I eat whole wheat pasta with my suppos and oils. Food wise it's so flexible, as long as I get in my regimen. I am aware most people are cautious about grains and whole wheat since some people are sensitive to those products so just basically eat what you can or like to but just be sure to take the supps =)

QUOTE (WildFlower @ Apr 16 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey NdnRomeo,

Congrats on getting clear! I have a question for you. Your B-Complex vitamin already has vitamin C in it so do you take another vitamin C pill, or is the vitamin C in there enough?

Thanks for sharing your diet with us. I'm getting clear on a healthy diet too. I'm gonna go to Walgreens and get those supplements.

Thanks!

I take it anyway, though I am not sure how crucial an additional one really is, but I tell you what, I have been in great physical health since then. *knock on wood* in terms of sickness

#20 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (soultime @ Apr 16 2008, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks

in terms of ml? not too sure, though it should say on the bottles, one serving of cod liver is 800 mg of omega 3 and 100% vit A in retinol form. And fish oil is 1.6 grams of omega 3.

Cod liver oil works well with zinc so I pair those two. I know there is also a connection between zinc and chromium, though I forget, it's been quite a long time. C and E work with each other. Omega 3 and C work together as well. I think they all work together. There's alot behind it, in the future I will upload all the research I have saved up to back all this up so you can see =) But for now I just had to get the regimen up. Sorry I wasn't too much of help. I listed out the mg of the supps as well 2 posts above this so you can check it out

QUOTE (DeAntonio @ Apr 16 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats, good to hear... you made a lot of contributions

Kind of ironic that you were trying so many unique ideas when your regimen that you found to be effective for the most part is very basic

lol I know right, should have just asked myself in the beginning "what am I deficient in exactly?" we never know until we write it out. nutritiondata.com helped me tons to figure it out! Do it, use the pantry and see for yourself. It won't lie and you can find out exactly what you need.

QUOTE (find myself @ Apr 16 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude!!! I totally missed you! I was waiting for you to update that fish oil thing!! biggrin.gif I'm so glad for you! GAHHH!!!! Now I must try your regimen! biggrin.gif so happy!

Forgot to ask in my PM if you just drink the extra virgin olive oil or do you cook with it? I'm confused about that.

I put it on top of food smile.gif Oil adds flavor to food, it enhances it, and now I can't live without it ^.^ who knew something so yummy could be so good? So say I make eggs. I cook the eggs like usual, then I pour a serving or so and mix it with some picante or salsa and it's a delicious bowl of eggs. You can even add in some pepper and man it brings out all the flavors!