Photo

Cleared my acne in 3 weeks - Chromium Picolinate & Cinnamon

vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5 chromium chromium picolinate green tea saw palmetto oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#1 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

I have cleared my acne in under 1 month with Chromium Picolinate and Cinnamon. All three are just as strong as prescription blood sugar regulators.

If you were cleared by anti-androgens such as Vitamin B5, DIM (even for a short while wink.gif), MSM (sulfur), Green Tea, Apple Cider Vinegar, Saw Palmetto... then there is a 99% chance that your are insulin insensitive. You do not need to have the classic symptoms of insulin insensivity or diabetes. Acne can be the only symptom.

Why? Insulin insensivity is caused by our Western diet built on a carb-filled diet (potatos, rice, corn, sugars, grains...). There are numerous studies that show natives who live on a diet of fruit, veggies and meat do not have acne, but when put on a Western diet, they develope acne and diabetes. Both of these diseases are caused by the same problem: Carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates rapidly turn to sugar within our body and spike our blood sugar levels. In return, our bodies release insulin. Repeated insulin spikes (4 times a day, 365 days a year) eventually causes our bodies to become insulin insensitive. Insulin insensivity causes 1 in 5 people's hormones to produce excess androgens. Symptoms of excessive androgens include the very common maladies: PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome), hairloss, an overproduction of body hair in females, oily skin/scalp, menstrual irregularies (or anovulation) and most commonly, acne. - All of these have the same cure.

Daily Directions:

600 mcg of Chromium Picolinate
6 grams of Cinnamon

**New Update: Alpha Lipoic Acid did not seem to actually have effects. Cinnamon appeared to be the strongest of all of these supplements. Cinnamon definitely helps. But, I cant tell how much Chromium helps since it takes effect after 3 months =P.

Available at the grocery stores. Total price: $10. After skin has cleared (3 weeks), reduce intake to 200 mcg Chromium Picolinate, 2 grams Cinnamon.

Although these supplements will clear acne, it is best to consider reducing daily carbohydrate intake and increasing daily exercise since that would be healthier for us in the long run wink.gif.

#2 RJ_14

RJ_14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

You say increase your exercise levels, but what about if you drink high-glucose level energy drinks when exercising? If I were to start this would I have to cut these out?

#3 Demorph

Demorph

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

awesome summary thanks a lot. let's give it a try.

#4 Veen

Veen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

You got clear only by improving insulin sensitivity? Could you post some before and after pics?

Ive been taking chromium for ages (200mcg a day), ALA (100mg) now and then and cinnamon often. BTW 1 gram lipoic acid, thats alot! Also Im only eating about 100g carbs a day (no grains). Whats your diet like?

Like this Ive got my acne under control, but when I cheat I can expect some new acne...

#5 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (RJ_14 @ Apr 10 2008, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You say increase your exercise levels, but what about if you drink high-glucose level energy drinks when exercising? If I were to start this would I have to cut these out?

Ummmm yeahhh hahaha dont drink things high in sugar of any kind...drink water... but if you must drink some type of energy drink, get yourself some coconut water, they sell it at health food stores... The coach for the volleyball team at my city's university gets all of his players coconut water, it has all the electrolytes you need.

#6 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

Veen - I corrected the typo with Lipoic Acid. Thanks for catching that smile.gif.

I do not have any before/after photos. I wouldnt let my photo be taken before hand. I also never sat close to anyone. I had a face covered in blackheads and infections. Not only were they on my face, but they were also on my earlobes, scalp, neck and back. If I emptied every pore on my face, EVERY pore was re-filled with sebum within 3 days. My dermatologist recommended Accutane.

I didnt see any results for the first two weeks on these products. Then, my pores started closing. My face wasn't oily. I emptied my pores and they have not refilled since. There are no new zits/infections/blackheads or whiteheads. I've never had skin like this without medication. Now, I am waiting for the redmarks to fade.

When my best friend saw th dramatic results, she decided to do it too.

#7 valo_123

valo_123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

WOW...so I go to the local health food store, FEELRITE. I'm looking for a good 20 minutes for the cinnamon (workers all busy). I finally come across 60 200mg. pills...guess how much...$14.60!!!
I seriously can't believe this place, they are so ridiculously overpriced. I'm boycotting them and emailing them (doubt it will get through to anyone who has a say in the pricing), but I'm pissed. I thought last week when they hassled me about a return for a purchase I made earlier that day that it would be my last time in the store.

I hope they feellikeassholes for ripping off every old person in the area on a fixed income for the past however many years they've been here. Don't know if you guys have this store in your area but if you do I'd suggest boycotting them as well. Maybe even an email from a few people complaining about the pricing will change their hearts smile.gif Probably not though, I mean, why not rip people off when the people are forced to buy the products one way or another for their own well being. It's like gas, people need it or they can't get to work and make money and will otherwise starve and/or be homeless. So why on earth would a few greedy men lower their income for the sake of millions of others? They wouldn't eusa_wall.gif

#8 jemini

jemini

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:40 AM

Which supplement do you feel helped the most? I have been following your posts somewhat, and have recently picked up chromium picinolate, as well as a tub of brewers yeast (another good source of chromium, b vitamins and other trace minerals).

#9 ~ Honey ~

~ Honey ~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:47 AM

Congratz Dotty! eusa_snooty.gif biggrin.gif nice job! i've read some f your topics and they sound really interesting, i will pick up some chromium and cinnamon later biggrin.gif but can someone explain what Lipoic Acid is??

ohh.. and btw, what is your diet like?

thanks =)

#10 AlexGF

AlexGF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

can someone explain what Lipoic Acid is??

http://www.acne.org/...p...=0&start=0#

#11 ~ Honey ~

~ Honey ~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (AlexGF @ Apr 10 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can someone explain what Lipoic Acid is??

http://www.acne.org/...p...=0&start=0#

mucho gracias speedy gonzales lol.gif

#12 RonP

RonP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

Dotty,

What exactly makes you think that these effects wont fade within 3-4 weeks, as did DIM, the same supplement you created a thread for 4 weeks ago. If all are anti-androgens, what makes them different from DIM, MSM, ACV?

I've just seen random posts of your stating that "MSM cleared by acne after 3 weeks." Well, what happened? DIM was the same way.

I don't mean to burst your bubble. I'd just like a healthy dose of realism.

#13 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

For the last few months, my diet has consisted of mainly carbs =(.

It is very hard for any student at this university to stay on any healthy diet. Lunch is made of sandwhiches comprised of a limp lettuce leaf, a piece of see-through cheese, a bit of meat or egg and a 2-inch-thick whitebread bun. If you dont want to eat that, the other choices are cookies, brownies, muffins, biscotti or rice crispy treats. I usually pass on the lunch and have a cookie because their sandwhiches are untasty.

I do usually bring my own soups, but when I am studying for 13 hours a day, I'll be too tired to cook for myself.

#14 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

RonP - I am certain these effects wont fade in two weeks or two years because Chromium Picolinate has been proven to be safe and effective in blood sugar metabolism for up to 30 years of use. My own father, a diabetic, has used Chromium Picolinate successfully for over the last 35 years -- without the use of any medications.

#15 RonP

RonP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Yes, but there have been members here who have used supplements to regulate blood sugar for years, though the effects for the majority fade after some time.

I just want to know if this is real. And Dotty, I don't know if you were answering my question with your carb intake response, but could you atleast attempt?

Thanks

#16 unclear1982

unclear1982

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Does Chromium Picolinate cause hair loss? If so must biotin be taken with it?

#17 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

RonP - What supplements are you referring to when you say that members have tried to regulate their bloodsugar for years but they eventually wear off? (I'm really curious about this) --- Are you referring to Vitamin B5 or DIM or ACV?

#18 RonP

RonP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Dotty1 @ Apr 10 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RonP - What supplements are you referring to when you say that members have tried to regulate their bloodsugar for years but they eventually wear off? (I'm really curious about this) --- Are you referring to Vitamin B5 or DIM or ACV?

I'm talking about the few that have taken DIM or ACV for years with alright results...Now, these supplements, DIM in particular, have been shown to wear off within 3-4 weeks for just about everyone that tried it, including myself. Didn't you experience the same results with MSM? I know for a fact that you said it cleared you after about 3 weeks. So unless a horrible side effect arose, it stopped working.

I'm just trying to point out any faults, if there are any, in the claim that this regimen will clear those with androgen/insulin insensitivity problems.

Thanks

#19 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

RonP-

ACV, The Vitamin B5 Cure, DIM, Green Tea and Sulfur had nothing to do with glucose metabolism. Diabetics do not take those supplements to regulate their blood sugar. B5, ACV, DIM, Green Tea, MSM are all anti-androgens -- meaning they stop androgen production.

Chromium Picolinate, Cinnnamon and Lipoic Acid do regulate blood sugar levels. Diabetics have used these three treatments for over 30 years.

These two catagories are completely separate --- treating two completely different problems.

This Chromium/Cinnamon treatment is completely different from ALL the past treatments tried on the health forum. All the others have been Anti-Androgen Treatments. This post is the first post to use supplements which only fix first blood-sugar metabolism (and does NOT affect androgens at all).

#20 alexmason14

alexmason14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

Hi,
Dotty I think based around all your other threads stating this clears acne in 3 weeks, you should test for more then 3 weeks, seeing as just like DIM and MSM cleared you in.... number of weeks, yet it wore off. Test your findings for longer then x number of weeks, so we all know it doesn't wear off. (Although for me DIM is still working perfectly, been clear for like 5 weeks now.)

Alex