1166 replies to this topic

#41 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Karyn_elise @ May 15 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you really think that it is psychological???? I was told that sometimes it just takes a long time for your body to recover even after the medicine is out of your system. And it even happens to me when I'm sleeping... I'm not stressed or thinking about it while i'm asleep...

This kinda scares me though... because I really had faith in it going away in it's own time... as long as I stayed of the medications.

I mean I do think when you get upset or emotional about it... it can make it worse... but still... I always got stressed about my break outs... and how I looked in front of people... but never flushed because of anxiety then...?????

I donno... I just think when you are thinking about it constantly... that you just notice it happening more often.

Also not only does my face and ears flush... but sometimes my hands ans feet do too... if this flushing was caused by anxiety... it would happen it the face... like blushing... not your feet and hands??????

Well I know for a fact that when I am upset or angry or stressed now I flush and I never used to...and I know when I go somewhere and think about flushing I usually end up flushing partly because I am so worried or stressed about flushing to begin with. I think the psychological factor plays a role and its size varies on the person and their anxiety levels. And you can be very stressed when you sleep...why do you think people have nightmares and vivd dreams, because of their stress levels and emotions within their sub-conscious thoughts. Not to say that is the definite cause for why you are flushing while you sleep but it is a real possibility. We cannot control what we dream or think about while we are sleeping, nor can we control our anxiety while we sleep.

I think an anxiety medication could help a lot if you are flushing when you are upset/anxious/nervous/stressed out or constantly worrying about your flushing etc.

Regarding the feet and hands they can also become flush due to anxiety. I had a ex girlfriend who used to get a "stress" rash, which was a pink/red rash of little bumps on her cheeks and also up and down her arms when she was really stressed or upset, so it is possible to affect various body parts.

My flushing seems to be more temperature based but I also find myself constantly worrying about it and I think (like you mentioned) that it is just causing it to happen more or make the problem worse.

Everytime you flush, just take notice of the variables around you, warmer temp, exercise, foods, certian feelings, emotions etc. and then try and draw some conclusions on what your catalysts are.

I will let you all know if I end up trying the Paxil and if it makes any difference.

Here is that link again for those who missed it.

http://www.keratosis...ac-lexapro.html
Stopped Accutane due to sudden onset of intense flushing.

#42 Karyn_elise

Karyn_elise

Acne = Depression :-(

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:DANCE! = LOVE. TRAVEL!!! BEACH!!!! MOVIES!!!!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

I mean... I def. flush worse when I'm upset, stressed out, or angry. But more than anything else it's just the heat that makes me flush.

I guess you could be right. I just was so comforted with thinking that eventually It would just go away after being off acne medications. I don't want it to be something else. But... I asked my mom what she thought about it... and she said I bet if you just stop thinking about it all the time... you would be better before you know it.

But that is easier said then done. I'm almost always worried about it.

Are you going to the doctor to ask about getting on Paxil???? If so let me know what your doctor has to say.

I really hope it works for you too, if you do try it. If it works for you... maybe I'll ask my doctor about getting on it. I just don't like the idea about being dependent on medications all the time. I just want my body to be normal. I feel really stupid sometimes... that I ever went on acne medications... My acne really wasn't even that bad.

Sigh.

Acne = Depression
Clear skin = LOVE

#43 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Karyn_elise @ May 15 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean... I def. flush worse when I'm upset, stressed out, or angry. But more than anything else it's just the heat that makes me flush.

I guess you could be right. I just was so comforted with thinking that eventually It would just go away after being off acne medications. I don't want it to be something else. But... I asked my mom what she thought about it... and she said I bet if you just stop thinking about it all the time... you would be better before you know it.

But that is easier said then done. I'm almost always worried about it.

Are you going to the doctor to ask about getting on Paxil???? If so let me know what your doctor has to say.

I really hope it works for you too, if you do try it. If it works for you... maybe I'll ask my doctor about getting on it. I just don't like the idea about being dependent on medications all the time. I just want my body to be normal. I feel really stupid sometimes... that I ever went on acne medications... My acne really wasn't even that bad.

Sigh.

Yes, I too hope that it will just eventually go back to normal and it just may - but I agree with you and your mom as well as others in that the anxiety/stress of it happening could be making it worse or prolonging it etc. It's like the chicken or the egg, we worry about flushing which causes us to flush which just causes more worry and its just a big circle. But on top of that I along with you and others am extremely heat sensitive as well but from that thread I posted some have said that Paxil can help regardless because there is a certain chemical in the brain which sets off flushing no matter the cause and Paxil can help to regulate this balance (from what I understand). I know if we were all able to not even think about it nearly as much that it would get a lot better. It's just complicated because the more we stress over it the worse it likely makes it.

I am not crazy about going on a med either to combat this but I will def let you know if I do and how it works out with my doctor.

Good Luck.

#44 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:55 AM

Just gonna add my two cents quickly.

Yes soul taking clonidine in 3 smaller doses will help, all be it marginly. I decided to try clonidine three times daily for a while before adding the remeron. However it still isn't doing a good enough job. I don't agree with anxiety being the problem. I have had times when i am very relaxed and i still flush like mad. I am just extremely heat sensitive.

The problem is autonomic and altho paxil can help with this i would definently recomend the remoron over paxil. My derm is seen as the best in this country and he recommends it and i have read nothing but good things about it flushing wise.

Remrom is better due to the A2 atagonist aspect and the fact that it blocks both H1 and H2 (histamine) i don't know about you guys but certain food now triggers a flush, as does alcohol. This is due to histamine.

I have to wait till my parents are back from holiday before i can begin the remron i promised them that, they don't want it causing me any nasty side effects while they aren't around. Which isunderstandable after what accutane has done to me.

The dose i will be taking is not for the mental aspect of things, altho i am sure it will help to relieve my slightly elevated anxiety levels.

I know for a fact guys that the immune system, inflammation and in most cases an miss function autonomic nervous system is what plays a role in our flushing. The more we flush the more damage to the blood vessels, which causes them to become more inflammed and so on and so forth. Histamine also plays a role in chronic inflammation so the remoron will help with that too.

Just giving you a bit of my knowledge.

Take it easy guys.

#45 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 17 2008, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just gonna add my two cents quickly.

Yes soul taking clonidine in 3 smaller doses will help, all be it marginly. I decided to try clonidine three times daily for a while before adding the remeron. However it still isn't doing a good enough job. I don't agree with anxiety being the problem. I have had times when i am very relaxed and i still flush like mad. I am just extremely heat sensitive.

The problem is autonomic and altho paxil can help with this i would definently recomend the remoron over paxil. My derm is seen as the best in this country and he recommends it and i have read nothing but good things about it flushing wise.

Remrom is better due to the A2 atagonist aspect and the fact that it blocks both H1 and H2 (histamine) i don't know about you guys but certain food now triggers a flush, as does alcohol. This is due to histamine.

I have to wait till my parents are back from holiday before i can begin the remron i promised them that, they don't want it causing me any nasty side effects while they aren't around. Which isunderstandable after what accutane has done to me.

The dose i will be taking is not for the mental aspect of things, altho i am sure it will help to relieve my slightly elevated anxiety levels.

I know for a fact guys that the immune system, inflammation and in most cases an miss function autonomic nervous system is what plays a role in our flushing. The more we flush the more damage to the blood vessels, which causes them to become more inflammed and so on and so forth. Histamine also plays a role in chronic inflammation so the remoron will help with that too.

Just giving you a bit of my knowledge.

Take it easy guys.

Thanks for the info. I do find that I am personally a lot more anxious now (constantly worrying about the flushing) and I know that when my anxiety gets going I flush now where as before I did not, but I think you're right in that it just depends on the person and how anxious they are and how much their anxiety/stress/emotions effect their flushing. I too am ultra heat sensitive where I will also flush if I am not anxious and just in a warm room.

What does your Doctor conclude with all of this? Does he diagnose it as Rosecea? Does he think it will subside over time or eventually go away?

I may try the Paxil and see how it plays out and if it does not help after a month or so maybe try the Remeron...I would be interested in knowing your dose for flushing...thanks for the words.

#46 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:48 AM

My doctor and nearly every other derm i have visited has no clue whatsoever. If you mean my new derm Tony Chu then he has told me, in some people it goes away, in others it doesn't.... but it does generally take a while even when it does go.

He is starting me off on 15 mg remeron, becase at this does and up to about 30 mg you have the anti histamine effects aswell. When you go above 30 you begin to loose those aswell as the anti flushing mechanism.

I am most certainly more anxious than i was before accutane, but the thing is i can be as calm as anything in a comfortable setting with friends and family and i may not even be thinking about the flushing and it will just kick in when i get to warm or if i even touch certain foods or alcohol. If i excert myself to much etc etc. My flushing has actually continued to get worse allbeit very gradually.... I had a period where i thought it was improving but for the last month or so it has just been getting worse!! we have had a hot spell here in the UK and that really doesn't help me.

#47 sayuri

sayuri

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

I think the flushing has a physical and psychological cause, like Soul said. For me it started out as a physical problem but it has become a psychological thing over the months as well. I worry about flushing, I feel very embarrassed when I am flushed, and it’s on my mind practically 24/7 avoiding flushing triggers as much as I can.
But I do think that when I am at home by myself and I turn up the central heating, I don’t flush as fast and as bad as when other people would be around.

I am sure in my case Accutane started it because I never had this problem before. Looking at old pictures before Accutane (and having pretty much flawless skin thanks to the birth control pills), at parties or holidays etc. I NEVER look flushed, in fact I look quite pale. So whatever derms will tell you, I personally just don’t believe Accutane isn’t the cause.

Apart from that, which might be interesting to know for you all, is that my derm told me Accutane is out of your system (liver, blood) in one month, but can stay in your pores for up to a year. That’s why the overall redness a lot of people (including me) experience on Accutane can take so long to go away. (Karyn Elise, I think this might be the case for other acne medications as well, not just Accutane.)
My skin has been pretty okay over the last few weeks, it seems that the number of triggers has gone down. Hot drinks, spicy food, exercise and so on don’t make me flush that bad anymore. I think my biggest trigger is still heat, especially the nasty heat of a central heating. Because spring has started over here most central heatings are turned down and I think that’s why my skin has been doing rather well. But I dread the winter already.

Has anyone considered laser therapy in case time doesn’t turn out to be the solution of the problem? I think I do have some broken vessels because of all the flushing (I used to flush badly at least once a day) so maybe that’s what’s now still causing my face to flush rather easily (or at least more easily than in my pre-accutane life).

#48 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

I'm really hitting my flushing hard soon, it is taking the piss now i flush at everything. I am about 18 months post tane and it hasn't improved.

I totally agree it does have a psychological aspect to it. But that isn't the only thing, not by far. Atleast in my case....

It is on my mind alot aswell but i mean i'm walking round the house and only me and my bro are here atm and i start to flush even if i just sit in a room that doesn't have moving air lol. That is being on 75 mcg clonidine 3 times a day and taking propanalol when needed (which i have been needing recently). It just isn't cuting it.

When the problem first started i could even go out drinking just fine in a hot club and onyl flush slightly, now i pretty much flush at anything. I am starting IPL properly on tuesday and will be having about 6 sessions. I will have to have another test patch when i start the remeron as i like to be ultra safe and it is known to RARELY cause light sensitivity, that is a 1 in 2000 side effect but i'm not risking it i will demand another test patch.

I also agree with the above in that the damaged blood vessels is what is causing the problem to be more pronounced now. I think that is why early on the problem wasn't to bad....

#49 sayuri

sayuri

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Hi Lamarr,

I was just wondering about the expected results of IPL?
Can it somewhat cure the flushing or at least make it less?

I wish you luck!

#50 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

Lamarr, sorry to hear that - that sucks, I thought you were doing pretty good these days. I am surprised and disappointed to hear that the dr. says it sometimes never goes away...from the various posts I have read I have always found that those who report back a year or two later always say it has resolved or at least resolved to the point where it does not bother them anymore (ie. they may flush for 10-15 mins a couple times a week). I really hope it does go away or improve for all of us. Sorry to hear that things seem to be getting worse as well, that is troubling. At least there are some options though with these meds your derm is prescribing and at least you have an experienced derm - most others just deny that Accutane causes it although mine did say that it is a side effect and should resolve in time but may take 6 months to a year.

If you remember, I would be interested to hear the percentages from your derm in terms of how many cases he has seen and how many did not get better? Or if everyone at least had some improvement etc. Not sure if you are able to ask that next time but something to keep in mind as it would be interesting to hear his take/experience.

I am also going to start taking some grape seed extract to hopefully prevent damage.

Regarding IPL - just be careful and make sure you have an experienced Dr. performing it and not a Nurse or Technician. I have heard of quite a few horror stories from IPL procedures with people having damage to their skin etc. I always understood IPL to help with existing redness not flushing, but if it can help with flushing that is good too. I'm not trying to scare just saying to be very careful but if you are using your top doc then I am sure things will be fine.

#51 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (soul78 @ May 18 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lamarr, sorry to hear that - that sucks, I thought you were doing pretty good these days. I am surprised and disappointed to hear that the dr. says it sometimes never goes away...from the various posts I have read I have always found that those who report back a year or two later always say it has resolved or at least resolved to the point where it does not bother them anymore (ie. they may flush for 10-15 mins a couple times a week). I really hope it does go away or improve for all of us. Sorry to hear that things seem to be getting worse as well, that is troubling. At least there are some options though with these meds your derm is prescribing and at least you have an experienced derm - most others just deny that Accutane causes it although mine did say that it is a side effect and should resolve in time but may take 6 months to a year.

If you remember, I would be interested to hear the percentages from your derm in terms of how many cases he has seen and how many did not get better? Or if everyone at least had some improvement etc. Not sure if you are able to ask that next time but something to keep in mind as it would be interesting to hear his take/experience.

I am also going to start taking some grape seed extract to hopefully prevent damage.

Regarding IPL - just be careful and make sure you have an experienced Dr. performing it and not a Nurse or Technician. I have heard of quite a few horror stories from IPL procedures with people having damage to their skin etc. I always understood IPL to help with existing redness not flushing, but if it can help with flushing that is good too. I'm not trying to scare just saying to be very careful but if you are using your top doc then I am sure things will be fine.

Hey man,

He didn't go into percentages he just said "it resolves for some, not for others" that was pretty much it he didn't want to make a big deal out of it. You have to remember when i visit my derm this is only one of the post accutane issues we disscuss i don't have time to go into great details with him on each subject.
Unfortunately there are actually alot of people on messages boards such as the accutane action forum who have been suffering from the flushing for nearly a decade, but i actually know of a few who have resolved like you say, even chase from these boards says his flushing has now gone, he is about a year or so post tane...

I have researched a great deal into IPL. I think most people need to realise that before the procedure you have to be very carefully with what medications you take, you also need to avoid sun exposure etcetc. I have a doctor performing my IPL and all he does is work with lasers and IPL all day, i would never let a nurse do my IPL.

I am having a session with my regular laser doc on tuesday, after that i will be having them with the person who pioneered the treatment of rosacea and rosacea flushing with IPL. It can indeed combat the flushing involved with rosacea if it is performed correctly. Obviously not everyone see's improvements in flushing though, i am going to ensure moderate settings are used, i don't want anyone being to agressive with my skin.

I also take an aloe vera leaf from a proper aloe plant before the procedure and the second i get out i slather my skin with it. I also have red light therapy at home to help combat post IPL erythema.

As i said i have had two done before but they were on VERY conservative settings just to see how i get on, i have had no problems yet *touch wood*.

All of this costs a fortune, i find that only doctors and Derms at the top of their game can be of any use, local ones are useless.... You need someone who has been working in the same specialised field for decades (like Dr Chu who has been prescribing accutane since it was released). He has put over 10 thousend people on accutane since it's release and he told me with 90% of people they see no long term side effects, however for about 10% they actually have persistant life long side effects (not just talking flushing here). I really wish i knew those figures before i took the darn drug, i was told it is safe lol.

Edit i just wanted to add, the people that i know who still flush a decade after taking the drug, also have numerous other post tane side effects (much like me). I always say to people if you only have one side effect, chances are it ill wear off. I think most people who have researched into tanes side effects in great detail would agree...

#52 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 19 2008, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey man,

He didn't go into percentages he just said "it resolves for some, not for others" that was pretty much it he didn't want to make a big deal out of it. You have to remember when i visit my derm this is only one of the post accutane issues we disscuss i don't have time to go into great details with him on each subject.
Unfortunately there are actually alot of people on messages boards such as the accutane action forum who have been suffering from the flushing for nearly a decade, but i actually know of a few who have resolved like you say, even chase from these boards says his flushing has now gone, he is about a year or so post tane...

I have researched a great deal into IPL. I think most people need to realise that before the procedure you have to be very carefully with what medications you take, you also need to avoid sun exposure etcetc. I have a doctor performing my IPL and all he does is work with lasers and IPL all day, i would never let a nurse do my IPL.

I am having a session with my regular laser doc on tuesday, after that i will be having them with the person who pioneered the treatment of rosacea and rosacea flushing with IPL. It can indeed combat the flushing involved with rosacea if it is performed correctly. Obviously not everyone see's improvements in flushing though, i am going to ensure moderate settings are used, i don't want anyone being to agressive with my skin.

I also take an aloe vera leaf from a proper aloe plant before the procedure and the second i get out i slather my skin with it. I also have red light therapy at home to help combat post IPL erythema.

As i said i have had two done before but they were on VERY conservative settings just to see how i get on, i have had no problems yet *touch wood*.

All of this costs a fortune, i find that only doctors and Derms at the top of their game can be of any use, local ones are useless.... You need someone who has been working in the same specialised field for decades (like Dr Chu who has been prescribing accutane since it was released). He has put over 10 thousend people on accutane since it's release and he told me with 90% of people they see no long term side effects, however for about 10% they actually have persistant life long side effects (not just talking flushing here). I really wish i knew those figures before i took the darn drug, i was told it is safe lol.

Edit i just wanted to add, the people that i know who still flush a decade after taking the drug, also have numerous other post tane side effects (much like me). I always say to people if you only have one side effect, chances are it ill wear off. I think most people who have researched into tanes side effects in great detail would agree...

Thanks again for the info. The flushing is my only real side effect I suppose (aside from some dryness in my skin on my arms but nothing serious like psoriasis etc.). I am only about 10 weeks post Tane so perhaps I will remain optimistic but I worry a lot that this will never go away. I suppose all I can do is hope and try some meds to see if they can help.

Anyways, keep me posted on your progress and feel free to PM me if you like. I really hope things work out for you and the rest of us. I can't imagine being in this position for a decade...

#53 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (soul78 @ May 19 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 19 2008, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey man,

Thanks again for the info. The flushing is my only real side effect I suppose (aside from some dryness in my skin on my arms but nothing serious like psoriasis etc.). I am only about 10 weeks post Tane so perhaps I will remain optimistic but I worry a lot that this will never go away. I suppose all I can do is hope and try some meds to see if they can help.

Anyways, keep me posted on your progress and feel free to PM me if you like. I really hope things work out for you and the rest of us. I can't imagine being in this position for a decade...

You will be fine then man, just please do me one favour and try to avoid any synthetic vitamin A or meats containing high levels of vitamin A. Believe it or not the stuff stays in our tissues for many many years. Avoiding vitamin A definenetly helps me feel better. If i am not carefull with what i eat, believe it or not i get a mouth full of ulcers....

Good luck guys!!

#54 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

I actually think i am one of the most unlucky people alive.... Big fuck up on the part of the laser clinic i have just visited.... Some guy with the same first name as me had an appointment at a similar time as me but rang up and told them he couldn't make it till later. They have his file ready and mistakenly used his settings instead of mine...all of this wasn't realised until after the procedure when the nurse at the till (i had the doc doing my treatment) asked my full name, then she had the cheek to say oops we have your records mixed up...

I really cannot believe it now my face is on fire lol. I don't think you can get much unluckier than i have been the past year. I am at the point where i have to laugh though...... Who knows maybe i won't scar to badly from it all, if my face ends up worse than when i began then there will definently be a lawsuite...

#55 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 20 2008, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually think i am one of the most unlucky people alive.... Big fuck up on the part of the laser clinic i have just visited.... Some guy with the same first name as me had an appointment at a similar time as me but rang up and told them he couldn't make it till later. They have his file ready and mistakenly used his settings instead of mine...all of this wasn't realised until after the procedure when the nurse at the till (i had the doc doing my treatment) asked my full name, then she had the cheek to say oops we have your records mixed up...

I really cannot believe it now my face is on fire lol. I don't think you can get much unluckier than i have been the past year. I am at the point where i have to laugh though...... Who knows maybe i won't scar to badly from it all, if my face ends up worse than when i began then there will definently be a lawsuite...

Whoa...can't believe that - I'm sure things will be fine though. Just give it a few days to settle down. That is a BIG mix up on the nurse's part. You should play the lottery, your luck has to even out sometime cool.gif

For those of you taking Clonidine, I find that it make my mouth dry and it seems that my skin is also becoming drier, do any of you know if Clonidine can cause dryness in other areas of the body besides the mouth?

#56 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (soul78 @ May 20 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa...can't believe that - I'm sure things will be fine though. Just give it a few days to settle down. That is a BIG mix up on the nurse's part. You should play the lottery, your luck has to even out sometime cool.gif

For those of you taking Clonidine, I find that it make my mouth dry and it seems that my skin is also becoming drier, do any of you know if Clonidine can cause dryness in other areas of the body besides the mouth?

Lol tell me about it!! i was looking to play the lotto actually i think i will use numbers taken from my accutane course e.g. number of weeks, dose etc lol...

I have never had dryness from clonidine. Sometimes tanes sides effects e.g. dry mouth and skin can kick in after you have finished... If you find you start having problems with dryness post tane i can save you alot of heart ache in recommending that you take 480 mg of GLA (can sometimes help with flushing aswell).

This is what chu recommends for post tane dryness and if you look at the accutane action forum you will see alot of people have had success with it!!

#57 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 20 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (soul78 @ May 20 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol tell me about it!! i was looking to play the lotto actually i think i will use numbers taken from my accutane course e.g. number of weeks, dose etc lol...

I have never had dryness from clonidine. Sometimes tanes sides effects e.g. dry mouth and skin can kick in after you have finished... If you find you start having problems with dryness post tane i can save you alot of heart ache in recommending that you take 480 mg of GLA (can sometimes help with flushing aswell).

This is what chu recommends for post tane dryness and if you look at the accutane action forum you will see alot of people have had success with it!!

Yeah, those numbers sound like a good combo...lol...What exactly is GLA? (sorry if that's a stupid question). I am currently taking 1 tablespoon of Flax seed oil twice daily.

I have been off Accutane nearly 3 months and things were ok dryness wise for a couple months as in they were getting better then within the last week or two they have gotten worse and I also raised my Clonidine dose. Hmmmm....I hope it is not post Accutane dryness kicking in.

#58 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

I also came across the below info that i though might be useful for anyone considering antidepressants:

Quote:

Acute alterations in sympathetic nerve and hormonal activity: Depression and anxiety can change the subconscious brain activity, lowering the threshold for activation of sympathetic nerves, and release of dilator hormones. In effect, this would make the rosacea sufferer much more sensitive to certain flush stimuli (i.e., heat, exertion, stress, mental activity, exercise, emotions, etc.).

Chronic alterations in sympathetic nerve and hormonal activity: Depression and anxiety can change the subconscious brain activity, triggering the continual activation of sympathetic nerves, and release of dilator hormones. In effect, this would cause a constant, low-grade facial flush due to continuous activation of sympathetic nerves or increased hormone production.

#59 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

That last post is good soul!! makes sense....GLA is gamma linoic acid. My dryness did the same as yours (and i wasn't on any drugs at the time), didn't touch anything until about 7 months post tane. Don't let that put you down though i can assure you that you won't be as bigger mess as i am lol. The dryness can be controlled pretty well with the GLA plus it is a good long term supplement health wise so i wouldn't worry about the skin dryness.

I can't wait to get on the remeron i just hope i can handle the sides it could be perfect for me (us) because it has so many aspects that we desire!!

#60 soul78

soul78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ May 20 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That last post is good soul!! makes sense....GLA is gamma linoic acid. My dryness did the same as yours (and i wasn't on any drugs at the time), didn't touch anything until about 7 months post tane. Don't let that put you down though i can assure you that you won't be as bigger mess as i am lol. The dryness can be controlled pretty well with the GLA plus it is a good long term supplement health wise so i wouldn't worry about the skin dryness.

I can't wait to get on the remeron i just hope i can handle the sides it could be perfect for me (us) because it has so many aspects that we desire!!

I have done some reading up on Remeron, it does sound quite interesting. You mentioned a specific dose by your derm for flushing, do you recall what it was? You can PM me if you want to keep it between us. I see my Dr. this week and would like to discuss this as an option over the Paxil.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users