Photo

Lactic Acid for red marks baby!

red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#1 LAET

LAET

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:24 AM

I've done several treatments on my skin with lactic acid. I've always done as the directions said...starting with small increments by leaving the solution on for a few minutes at a time. I gradually built up to about 10 minutes. The results were better but minor improvement overall.

Well I hadn't used it since last September then a couple of weeks ago, I decided to leave the stuff on a couple of areas. I left on the lactic acid 50% until I couldn't stand it....30 minutes. I wanted to focus on a spot which had remaining redmarks from laser and a raised spot from laser. Directly after rinsing with cold water I put the basil "toner" on then followed with fresh aloe vera...

Results: My skin scabbed up and the red mark is finally gone, gone, gone!
The raised mark is slightly lower. I'm just thrilled that it worked so well.
The scabbing lasted well into ten days, but would flake a little each day..

I think people should build up to this gradually as well and see what your skin can tolerate. My skin looks so much healthier as a result.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one. -John Lennon

#2 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

I decided to do my scars for 20 minutes today and the rest of the skin for 10 minutes ... plenty of tingling but no peeling or redness.

And my skin really looked nice after. (55% lactic) Some red marks looked faded ... will check again in a few days to see if I'm seeing things!

Maybe I'll try 30 minutes next time.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#3 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:21 PM

I've bumped up my 55% lactic peels to twice a week....Wed and Sun....cause I'm gonna try this for a month and then alternate with TCA Complex.....one month lactic twice a week and one month TCA every once two weeks.

I really like how my face looks today. The 55% lactic rocks. I only leave it on for five minutes each time. I think I'll bump it up a notch on Sunday. Maybe leave it on for 8-10 minutes.

I'm glad you're seeing results, Nancy & Maya!! That's great!! =D>

#4 cave

cave

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:52 PM

where do you get the lactic acid peel? and how do you use it? i have alot of redmarks, i'm on tetracycline and i don't think it's helping much with the remarks. do you also recommend using mandelic acid? my red marks are really bad, they look terrible and i have scarring too. i just really want to get rid of them, i don't really break out anymore it's just that i have all these red spots left from the acne. so if anyone can give me some advice, that would be great.

#5 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

That's fantastic news! I wonder if it was because you hadn't done it for awhile, or the length of time left on or both?
~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#6 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:11 AM

I normally only apply for 10 minutes - BUT, bear in mind I have been using this strength of Lactic for over a year.

New people - start slow.

#7 LAET

LAET

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2004 - 07:17 AM

That's fantastic news! I wonder if it was because you hadn't done it for awhile, or the length of time left on or both?

I do think it's both. My skin developed a tolerance from the prior times I used lactic acid, but this is the first time I fried my skin. If I didn't leave it on so long, I would not have gotten the peeling effect which is what caused the skin to scab up and then slough off the skin with the redness in it.

I was a little scared when I put it on the raised part 'cause my skin totally puffed up and turned white, later it was really red. I do think it's important to take small steps like I mentioned. Also, I think it's equally important to put something on the skin after to help heal and try to repair the skin.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one. -John Lennon

#8 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:36 PM

I just ordered the 85% Lactic acid from loganwoodskincare.com. I might cut it with the 55% that I still have left or just with some distilled water. Richard is so great to deal with. I'll keep you guys posted with my thoughts/experience using this product.

#9 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:49 PM

85%????? shock.gif

Be careful T!

#10 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:34 PM

I will, thanks Obes. I'm gonna cut it with either distilled water or the 55% lactic that I already have. wink.gif

#11 Blanche

Blanche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:32 PM

I've been buying my 45% lactic acid peels from ebay, from some outfit that calls themselves Music to Your Face. I'm thinking about switching to a different percentage (with some malic) from a different seller for a while. When I remember to do them, the lactic acid peels work great. I'm thinking about forgoing the mandelic acid and just using the lactic acid peals plus niacinamide lotion. We'll see---I may need mandelic with the summer months coming up!

#12 Blanche

Blanche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:34 PM

I just noticed you bought the 85% from loganwood I was thinking about! Dude! Let us know how it works. Did you get it off of ebay?

#13 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:45 PM

Did you get it off of ebay?

No, I went straight to Richard's site at: http://loganwoodskin...m?ID=96E742F8-3

It's actually on sale right now. A one ounce bottle for $25.00. You can't beat that price. So I've decided I'm gonna mix the remaining 55% that I have with the 85% when I get it and use that......I figure it can't be much worse/stronger than the TCA Complex I've been using. It's lactic and lactic is usually pretty gentle. But I'm gonna go slow and bump it up 30 seconds to 1 minute with each peel.

I'll keep you posted.

DAVE: Fix your link....it doesn't work and it's widening the page like crazy.

#14 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:29 PM

I left it on for 10 minutes tonight. We'll see how it looks tomorrow!! biggrin.gif/

#15 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:57 AM

How does it look Tracy?

#16 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:09 AM

It looks SO FRIGGEN GOOD, Maya!! biggrin.gif/ It sorta feels a bit snug this morning.....which is fine by me....but the texture is incredible!! And the marks and hyperpg are fading FAST!! This bottle off 55% has been sitting in my cabinet for several months now cause I've been focusing on the TCA Complex......and I'm so glad Nancy posted cause it got me thinking I should go back to the lactic for a bit and ease up on the harshness of the TCA peel for a bit!! (thanks, Nance!!) In fact, my co-worker just told me it's like a 20 or 30 percent improvement from about two weeks ago. smile.gif

The thing I'm concerned with mostly is the sun causing the hyperpig to darken again, so I just purchased another bottle of Total Block SPF 65 to ensure that won't happen. It's been REALLY HOT and sunshiney here this week.....I don't want to go backward in my treatment and this sunblock IS THE BEST OUT THERE.

#17 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:16 AM

so I just purchased another bottle of Total Block SPF 65 to ensure that won't happen.  It's been REALLY HOT and sunshiney here this week.....I don't want to go backward in my treatment and this sunblock IS THE BEST OUT THERE.

Tracy,
Where can you find Total Block? Do you use the Clear version? Thank you! biggrin.gif

#18 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:51 AM

I'm going to do a 30 minute lactic next week - that should blow the top of the remaining red marks!!

#19 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:10 PM

so I just purchased another bottle of Total Block SPF 65 to ensure that won't happen.  It's been REALLY HOT and sunshiney here this week.....I don't want to go backward in my treatment and this sunblock IS THE BEST OUT THERE.

Tracy,
Where can you find Total Block? Do you use the Clear version? Thank you! biggrin.gif

Yes, Misty. I use the Total Block Clear SPF 65.....cause any other sunblock (in the summer) just doesn't seem to do it's job......usually, in the winter, I use Nature's Gate Dry Sportblock SPF 30 cause it's alot cheaper than the Total Block and you can find it at any healthfood store or have them order it for you......but make sure it says Dry Sportblock on the bottle......it's wonderful.....dries matte, doesn't "bleed" into and sting the eyes.....so it's a nice, cheaper winter alternative......but it's been sunshiney as all hell out here this week, and I had run out of the Total Block and hadn't planned on re-purchasing until it was closer to summer......but now I just want to fully protect the improvement on my hyperpig that I'm afraid NOT to use the Total Block.

Anyway, back to your original question.....you can usually have it special ordered at your local pharmacy.....but I've just been purchasing it from http://www.dermadoctor.com/ for $23 a bottle plus $3.95 for UPS Second Day Air shipping, which is not too bad. I know $26.95 seems like an awful lot for sunscreen, but the sun rays can be BRUTAL in Southern California and I think it's counter-productive to use AHA's, etc., that reveal new, fresh skin and then to not protect that skin with a good, complete sunscreen just seems silly to me. I feel that a good sunscreen, like a good foundation, is very important. And it's a two ounce bottle, so it lasts quite some time if you only use it for your face. The thing I love the most about it is that you can apply this stuff on your eyelids and even right underneath your eyes and it does not run into them and sting them. I love it. I really do......anyway, I hope that helps!!

#20 terminator2

terminator2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:19 PM

what's the downtime like with lactic acid peels?

I am currently using TCA complex. red scars look far worse and hyperpigmented after 1st day use and make up does not cover it up properly. I would say the downtime on this could be up to 3-5 days. No peeling the day after, but face looks blotchy and worse