FOLLICULAR MACULAR ATROPHY

2 replies to this topic

#1 jness

jness

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

this is the proper name of the mysterious little white marks on the chest/back/body that look like they are very slightly raised.. THEYRE NOT HYPOPIGMENTATION. does anybody know much about these??? who else has them???

#2 CitizenPanda

CitizenPanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (jness @ Apr 4 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the proper name of the mysterious little white marks on the chest/back/body that look like they are very slightly raised.. THEYRE NOT HYPOPIGMENTATION. does anybody know much about these??? who else has them???

I have some on my chest, they're pretty much invisible unless theres good lighting and your face if right up against my chest (reserved for select people). My chest hair mostly covers the few that are scattered here and there, so I never really bothered to treat them.

I actually have much larger chicken pox scars scattered around my body, but they are white and not terribly noticeable either.

#3 pennypal

pennypal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

If you click on my name and go to my page. You'll see a post "what kind of scars are these" and a picture I posted. Is this what you mean? I found out... after a lot of research.. .they are either "perifollicular elastolysis" or "Atrophic macules" I forget which.

I've never seen a treatment that handles them. I've never seen a before or after treatment picture with the, As far as I can tell they are permanent.

Mine are not invisible.

Leslie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users