6 replies to this topic

#1 Tst3r

Tst3r

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

I've had moderate acne for 7 1/2 years and for the first 5 1/2 years, i never had any breakouts at all along my jawline, maybe occaisonally one pimple once in a while. i mostly brokeout on my forehead, cheeks, and the sides of my face. about a year ago or so, my jawline just went apeshit and broke out all of the sudden. both my left side and my right side started getting alot of acne. but now, my left jawline is pretty clear and isn't as persistant as it was, whereas my right jawline wont stop breaking out! i get alot of cysts in that area and it's the spot that breaks out the most then any other area of my face at the moment. I read somewhere on this forum that if u breakout along ur jawline, that means it's hormonal. is that really true?? i've kind of suspected maybe my acne had something to do with hormones because even at the age of 21, i'm still er... super sexually frisky eusa_doh.gif i thought i would've passed this stage when i got out of my adolescent years, but apparently not. i should just go get my hormones tested. is there anything the doctors can give me or anything i could buy to balance my hormones?

#2 Tst3r

Tst3r

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

I also have acne on my chest and my back.

#3 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me
  • Interests:Skin care, Nutrition, Makeup, Reading, Travelling

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hmm I don't know..I have the same problem. I used to break out on my forehead and cheeks a few years back but for the past few years my acne is concentrated mostly along my jawline and chin...does that mean it is hormonal?

#4 Mrs. Lovely

Mrs. Lovely

Smile!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:God, my husband, working out, music, and dance.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:29 AM

I know in women that its hormonal, I didn't know about men. I had acne since I was 11, but it turned hormonal around age 22. I'm 25 now and still deal with hormonal acne, so you're never too old. To control mine I started birth control, and after about 5 months it cleared it up. Now I only suffer from occasional breakouts due to my cycle and when I go off my no/low sugar diet.
When you know who you are, you don't have to advertise.

#5 jc812

jc812

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

"super frisky" LOL!

#6 tomds

tomds

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:golf, clubbing, gym, running, football, watching sport and the office tv series so funny

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

Im 21 and only get it on my jawline to I never get it that bad but in the last week Ive had 3-4 small spots and 2 big ones its driving me nuts!

#7 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

No. My jawline cysts were an allergic reaction. Besides, most acne is related to hormones. Exceptions would be allergic reactions and clogged pores from topicals.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users