tea tree oil and blackheads

6 replies to this topic

#1 sanj-

sanj-

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:48 PM

anyone notice blackheads go away with tto? i have the greatest success with benzoyl, but benzoyl wasnt getting rid of blackheads or redness. any tips and cool facts that u guys know about tto? EDIT: I use tto from the body shop. anyone recommend a different, better type?

since i started using it again after stopping for almost 2-3 months, will i breakout? ive already noticed a few here and there...maybe i should go back to bp. or cycle one day tto and one day bp?

also im currently using st ives apricot scrub with SA, works wonders, anyone else use it or had better results with something better?

last question, anyone had results with hot wash cloth on face for a few minutes to open pores then exfoliant and use bp cleanser after for blackheads?

thx

#2 RahGoAwayAcne

RahGoAwayAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:22 AM

Just gave me a red rash. But it was from the Bodyshop rather than natural.

#3 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

Tea tree oil is antibacterial and antifungal. I don't see why it would have any effect at all on blackheads, which are just clogged pores.

BP can sometimes help with blackheads, in the stronger concentrations ... this is because it makes your skin peel, even inside the pores. But personally, I think that a leave-on salicylic or mandelic acid product is the best way to go.

#4 sanj-

sanj-

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (LionQueen @ Mar 30 2008, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tea tree oil is antibacterial and antifungal. I don't see why it would have any effect at all on blackheads, which are just clogged pores.

BP can sometimes help with blackheads, in the stronger concentrations ... this is because it makes your skin peel, even inside the pores. But personally, I think that a leave-on salicylic or mandelic acid product is the best way to go.

i feel the same way. i actually normally wash my face with st ives apricot scrub SA and leave it on my face for about 3-5 minutes while in the shower, seems to work ok as far as controliing inflamation. but ive recently had a few inflamed blemishes come up, they dont see to be going anywhere soon, i know they'll be gone within a day if i switch back to bp...but with bp, redness is always there and it doesnt help with blackheads and clogged pores.

i live in canada so i cant get 10%bp, and as far as mandelic acid, im not one who likes to order online. ive had best results with SA, any products that you would recommend that you know I could find locally at pharmacy?

thanks

#5 sadgeorgy

sadgeorgy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

I've used pharmacy bought concentrated tea tree oil. What I did was drop a few drops into a steamer, along with water, to steam my face. Didn't do much for my blackheads. BTW, you can get 10%bp in Canada- just go through eBay.ca. That's how I get mine.

#6 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading TV Guide, Writing to TV Guide, Renewing TV Guide

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (sadgeorgy @ Mar 30 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've used pharmacy bought concentrated tea tree oil. What I did was drop a few drops into a steamer, along with water, to steam my face. Didn't do much for my blackheads. BTW, you can get 10%bp in Canada- just go through eBay.ca. That's how I get mine.

Did this methode of using TTO help with your inflamed acne?

#7 sadgeorgy

sadgeorgy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (seb84 @ Mar 30 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sadgeorgy @ Mar 30 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did this methode of using TTO help with your inflamed acne?

My main problem has always been enlarged pores/ blackheads. I don't really have an inflamed acne problem, so hard to tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users