Photo

"Black Soap"!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 Mooshi

Mooshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hello ^-^

I just want to share that I bought this organic raw natural soap called "black soap". I found it at my local organic/natural food store. Anyway, I've tried it for about a month now and it has helped my skin about 40-50% as far as bumps and stuff ( i should probably mention that I'm 19, girl, my skin is a 4 in a scale of 1-5 with at least 6 blemishes on my face everyday, including cysts. I also have a lot of scarring and rednes >.<'). Before I started using this soap I was using Purpose face wash. My face is also not as shiny as it used to be.

I don't usually post anything on the message boards but I do come here and read all the tips and suggestions, so I thought I should share smile.gif

If anybody has any questions, I'd be more than happy to help ^^

Here's a link with information about black soap:

http://www.africaimp...s/Article27.htm

#2 atalanta

atalanta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hey, thanks, Mooshi!

I've been curious about this soap for ages -- about a month ago, I just took a chance and bought the stuff.

So far, so good! It's a little tingly when I use it, which initially made me nervous as I tend to have dry and sensitive skin so "tingly" == bad. But, in spite of my nervousness, nothing bad happened, and in fact, my skin looked and felt soft and smooth! No dryness or irritation, yet quite clean-feeling.

My skin's been looking better than ever lately, so I don't know whether to attribute it to the soap or the jojoba oil I started using as a moisturizer, just a couple weeks before starting the soap. But either way, it certainly hasn't hurt! I'm starting to suspect that a good deal of my acne is(was?) due to some irritating chems in standard cosmetics, anyway, so the fact that this contains none of the usu suspects is definitely a plus.

I've become a fan of this soap and would recommend it as something for people to try. smile.gif I got mine from *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.*

#3 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

This soap looks interesting. Does it have a scent?..and if so, what would you say it smells like? Thanks biggrin.gif

#4 Mooshi

Mooshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Awesome!

I had never heard of black soap before until I saw it at the health store. It's great that it also works on dry skin eusa_dance.gif .

I think that if any of you are looking for a cleanser and you have access to this soap, you should give it a chance wink.gif .

#5 Mooshi

Mooshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

Hmmm....

Well, the one I have doesn't have any weird scent, it just smells like soap. However, it does look like it smells bad, but don't let looks fool you tongue.gif

#6 atalanta

atalanta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

Yes, it's definitely not attractive-looking, lol! biggrin.gif My bar is a bit uneven-colored and lumpy, but that's because it's minimally processed.

I'd say the smell is quite "earthy"... I'm not sure how else to describe it. It's a distinct smell, but it's mild and not terribly strong. It also doesn't stick around after you rinse it off, so even if you don't care for it for some reason, that's not a problem. The jojoba oil I apply after rinsing and drying smells much stronger (and that's pretty mild).

I actually have a friend who tried this soap only once, because she didn't care for the smell. I found that a little a surprising, since the smell doesn't stick around after rinsing, so you only smell it while washing. I don't find it bad at all, though (just kind of arboreal, or forest-like maybe), but even if you do mind it, I'd say it's worth smelling some leaves for a couple mins while washing in order to have clear skin all day. smile.gif (but that's just me)

#7 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

Thank you for your quick response. There is another soap thats Black,and it smells like tar. Upon futher reading (I should have looked at the link first) I see your soap contains no tar at all. Im gonna hit up my local health food store and get some. Thanks to both of you. biggrin.gif

#8 your so beautiful to me

your so beautiful to me

the prettiest people, do the ugliest things .

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

This soap is amazing.. I use DUDU-OSAN Black Soap which is made in Africa and is 100% Natural. There are TONS of "fake" black soaps out there. Anyways, this soap along with BC Skin Tight (astrigent) and a mosturizer (Nuetrogena Oil Free).. has made my skin soft, smooth, and very clear.. If I do get a pimple it's so tiny.. and goes away within a day or two. You can use the BLACK SOAP as a mask.. for 5 minutes on your face if you have active acne and that does a good job.
I am someone who has suffered with ACNE for yearrrs like most of you all.. and I have tried so many products!! The only negative about this soap is that it can be drying .. so you MUST use a good mosturizer to balance your skin!!!

biggrin.gif
a patient heart will never be dissapointed.

#9 Black Beaute

Black Beaute

Acne Is The Devil!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

Please be aware that there are different kinds of Black Soap, but the natural ones are the best. I have posted a link of what the natural one look like.
I love it, I use it to bath and it lathers so well.

Routine:

MORNING: Murad Facial Wash-
Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Spot Treatment-
CeraVe Facial Moisturizer-

NIGHT: Murad Facial Wash-
Retin-A-

(Started 10/2013)

DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.

#10 peaches3450

peaches3450

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

did any of you have an initial breakout when using this product, or a transition period where your skin was peeling or anything? im getting married in about a month and would hate to switch to something that will make me break out for the big day....but in general i definitely plan to try. thanks!
Started Accutane (Claravis) on July 20, 2009!

My regimen:
Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser morning and night
Moisturize with Olay Complete Sensitive Skin SPF 15 in the morning, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream at night (works great for the whole body!)
Month 1: 40 mgs daily
Month 2-6: 80 mgs daily

Aquaphor on my lips constantly
8-10 cups of water a day
Aviane birth control (generic Alesse)

#11 ash36

ash36

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

I just ordered some from the Coastal Scents website, and I can't wait to try it. If I see some good results I'll post and let you know. I also ordered some unrefined shea butter for moisturizing.

#12 Black Beaute

Black Beaute

Acne Is The Devil!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (peaches3450 @ Apr 7 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did any of you have an initial breakout when using this product, or a transition period where your skin was peeling or anything? im getting married in about a month and would hate to switch to something that will make me break out for the big day....but in general i definitely plan to try. thanks!

I use this soap to bath and I cannot say that there was initial breakout. My skin did not peel either.

It improves the skin, I even forgot to lotion the other night after my shower and when I woke up I wasn’t even ashy. Any other soap and I would have been so ashy and dry.

Please see my previous post as you want to make sure you are getting the NATRUAL BLACK SOAP.

It's a GREAT soap and lathers well.

See link:
*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.*
Routine:

MORNING: Murad Facial Wash-

NIGHT: Murad Facial Wash-
Retin-A-

(Started 10/2013)

DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.

#13 ash36

ash36

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

heck yes it lathers well!! i just got my order today, which came in a pretty large chunk. i pulled a smaller piece off and smushed it together so it wasn't falling apart, and after i did that i wet my hands and it lathered like crazy! it doesn't have much of a smell really, it was very soft and easy to break apart, and it did a nice job of cleaning my face. i hope it's as great as so many people say it is.

#14 blacksoaplady

blacksoaplady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules.*

Wonderful raw black soap on sale. I have found that traditional black soap shouldn't be black like the Dudu Osun bars. They have added some type of color to it, although it still works wonders!!

I use raw black soap on my face, and moisturize with raw shea butter. I have played around with liquid black soap and oils to use as a deep pore wash. Black soap is the newest most wonderful thing for acne. gimme.gif

#15 ceci2468

ceci2468

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:24 PM

I use genuine African black soap also. And daily moisturize my body and face with unrefined shea butter. I get both of mine from [moderator edit - website link removed. Read board rules] . Wonderful pure natural products.

#16 fairtrade

fairtrade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

Hi there,

I have used everything on the market. Being trained as a cosmetician for year, I have come across many products. Not only I have been dissapointed with so many of them, I also have spent way too much money that I didn't have.

Since I have become a Holistic Practitioner, I have taken my time to research key ingredients that suits sensative skin.
I was introducted to Black Soap, Shea Butter and cocoa Butter in my early 20's. My skin was perfect, once a month I got a blemish buy the time I came to my mid 20's I started playing with products and over abssesing, looking in the mirror every 2min ( really) wanting to have nothing on my skin ( What flaws?). I realised that during those times of not liking myself it was due to my separation from my family( they live in the South America). I was deeply depressed and hurt over my loss. So I bullied myself to being perfect.

After many journals and crying over how I have damaged my skin ( which wasn't damaged, but my inner demon wants to believe that) I went back to the basics.
I got Black Soap and Shea Butter. Not onlydid my skin got that glow to it now, it also cleared out all the little black spots from picking them. Also got ride of the old deep scars. It exfoliates gentlely ( which is super important)blackheads, redness, dryness and somuch more. I have one blemish right now.

My encouragement to all of you is to make sure that we can see ourselves for who we are inside first. This world is filled with pressure that sometimes can distroy our inner strenght.
Yes! I agree with feeling beautiful is important ( a little self love goes a long way). But with a healthy balance.
I can honestly say I feel better. I also had to do some serious heart searching to see if all this really matter's is the end of the day. Am I loved less, am I truely unattactive, how much of is my EGO. Ask yourselves the real questions. That way are truth can be shown.

One last thing, I can't promise that these products will give you what you need. But the facts are there. It works. Drink plenty of water. Eat well 9 fruits, fresh greens, 2oz of Apple Cider Vinegar before bedtime ( balances out your PH, clears you up from the inside) and get rest....

Balance is Important...

You can get these products in your local Health Organic Food stores. Or order on line. Make sure it's the raw Black Soap ( Dudu-Osun is what I use) if now that one, the plain one will do the job.

Raw Shea Butter, Nothing else..

Peace out,
Love self always,

xo

#17 always&forever

always&forever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Is the african black soap supposed to make your acne purge during the first couple days? Is this normal?

Edited by always&forever, 09 January 2010 - 11:33 PM.

#18 ceci2468

ceci2468

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (always&forever @ Jan 9 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the african black soap supposed to make your acne purge during the first couple days? Is this normal?

I've never had any purging from it. But then, all African black soap is not the same.

#19 always&forever

always&forever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (ceci2468 @ Jan 13 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never had any purging from it. But then, all African black soap is not the same.

I'm using the one from Coasta Scents. I had moderate acne, but it purged and now I look like I have severe acne. But it's slowly going away.. I hope it does sad.gif

My sister said the reason why I'm purging is because I'm using the MAC liquid foundations which is comodogenic. She's been using it African Black Soap for over a year and her skin is gorgeous! And she uses mineral makeup instead of MAC. She used to have acne too but now her skin is absolutely clear.. so jealous of her!

Edited by always&forever, 13 January 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#20 ceci2468

ceci2468

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (always&forever @ Jan 14 2010, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ceci2468 @ Jan 13 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using the one from Coasta Scents. I had moderate acne, but it purged and now I look like I have severe acne. But it's slowly going away.. I hope it does sad.gif

My sister said the reason why I'm purging is because I'm using the MAC liquid foundations which is comodogenic. She's been using it African Black Soap for over a year and her skin is gorgeous! And she uses mineral makeup instead of MAC. She used to have acne too but now her skin is absolutely clear.. so jealous of her!

I've never used the one from Coastal Scents. I believe theirs contains lime (some say it burns). I use the one from Agbangakarite and it has no lime. Is your sister using the same brand of black soap as you? Perhaps you should stop using the black soap if your skin doesn't agree with it. Then again, if your skin is getting better and you are still using it, perhaps it is your make up.