Photo

The Zinc, Saw Palmetto, and Fish Oil Journey

vitamin vitamins vitamin a vitamin e fish oil zinc saw palmetto

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:15 AM

I recently got Spring Valley Fish, Flaxseed, and Borage Oil combo bottle with 120 softgels. I also got Saw Palmetto and Zinc and I am wondering the best way to take them...

Zinc = 50 mg per capsule Zinc Gluconate
Saw Palmetto = 160 mg per softgel

Super Omega Blend 1200 mg
----------------------------------

Fish Oil, Safflower Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Borage seed oil...

Omega 3 375 mg
--------------------
EPA 180 mg
DHA 120 mg
ALA 75 mg

Omega 6 Fatty Acids 187 mg
---------------------------------
CLA 140 mg
GLA 11 mg
LA 36 mg

Omega 9 Fatty Acids 43 mg
--------------------------------
OA 43 mg

Also these...

Vitamin A 8000 IU (Sardine)
Vitamin E (400 IU) Dl tocopherol
Andrew's Current Diabolical Face Reality Regimen...

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) BP gel 5% (Vaseline on Friday)

PS I am selling my SciArt bulb and it is rated at 16,991/17,000 hours for 105$. Contact me if you're interested!

#2 rakbs

rakbs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

Fish oil - I recommend taking as much as 4.5 grams of omega-3, which would equal 15 softgels. This is why it's best to buy fish oil in bulk (400 capsules at a time, say). You can take fish oil any time you want, but it's best to take it with a high-fat meal.

Zinc - 50 milligrams seems a standard dose, but some people take up to 100 mg. I take 25 milligrams, however I dissolve the zinc caplet before I take it, so I'm guessing that I'm absorbing about 3x more zinc than if I were to just take a 50 mg dose.

Saw palmetto - take 2-4 of those softgels every day.
Clear for 8+ months now through striving for optimal fitness levels, stress levels, sleep, nutrient density in my body, and an overall holistic lifestyle approach.

Diet (I stick to this as much as I can): eggs; meat; poultry; wild-caught seafood; vegetables; fat sources from coconut oil, olive oil, and butter; fruit as I crave it; tea; and purified water. I buy organic and/or pastured foods as I reasonably can, but I think that it's the type of foods you eat, and not the quality of food (within reason, of course) that most determines how healthy you will be.

I highly recommend green smoothies as nutrition powerhouses. They are good on so many levels.

Now experimenting with a higher proportion of legumes, nuts, and seeds in my diet.

I eat absolutely no gluten. I limit intake of all grains, but up to two servings of non-glutenous grain a day is fine. I avoid all added sugar--high fructose corn syrup, sugar, honey, etc. I stay away from soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, and other oils not named olive or coconut. I base my diet off of whole, unprocessed foods, and I prepare them in healthful, delicious ways.

Daily exercise. Sunlight whenever possible.

Supplements: Currently? None. Supplements that have helped in the past (and I can personally recommend) are fish oil, zinc, apple cider vinegar, Vitamin D.

#3 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:50 AM

Wow, I SOOO don't have enough to do that! Damn! I only have 118 softgels left! This is the Omega 3, 6, and 9 capsule...So you recommend JUST omega 3? I wonder if I could take these back or something? Although I didn't see any bulk ones...Additionally; what do you think of the vitamin A and E?

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner

PS I am selling my SciArt bulb and it is rated at 16,991/17,000 hours for 105$. Contact me if you're interested!

#4 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

The E would be good to take whenever you have your largest or only fish oil dose of the day to keep it from oxidizing.
Regimen
No Soap/cleansers
Plenty of Epsom salt baths

Diet/supps:
-Whole body Healing from *moderator edit - url removed - please read the board rules* since 7/3/08=no more acne, sebderm, rosacea, sickness

#5 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (ryudoadema @ Mar 27 2008, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The E would be good to take whenever you have your largest or only fish oil dose of the day to keep it from oxidizing.

How long did it take you guys to see results? This morning my skin seemed a bit better toned and looked more hydrated.

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner

#6 rakbs

rakbs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (The Great Reizo @ Mar 28 2008, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long did it take you guys to see results? This morning my skin seemed a bit better toned and looked more hydrated.

I saw results within a day of taking fish oil.

Clear for 8+ months now through striving for optimal fitness levels, stress levels, sleep, nutrient density in my body, and an overall holistic lifestyle approach.

Diet (I stick to this as much as I can): eggs; meat; poultry; wild-caught seafood; vegetables; fat sources from coconut oil, olive oil, and butter; fruit as I crave it; tea; and purified water. I buy organic and/or pastured foods as I reasonably can, but I think that it's the type of foods you eat, and not the quality of food (within reason, of course) that most determines how healthy you will be.

I highly recommend green smoothies as nutrition powerhouses. They are good on so many levels.

Now experimenting with a higher proportion of legumes, nuts, and seeds in my diet.

I eat absolutely no gluten. I limit intake of all grains, but up to two servings of non-glutenous grain a day is fine. I avoid all added sugar--high fructose corn syrup, sugar, honey, etc. I stay away from soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, and other oils not named olive or coconut. I base my diet off of whole, unprocessed foods, and I prepare them in healthful, delicious ways.

Supplements: Currently? None. Supplements that have helped in the past (and I can personally recommend) are fish oil, zinc, apple cider vinegar, Vitamin D.

#7 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:19 AM

Yeah this is pretty sweet. So theoretically I am lowering the testosterone/DHT thing with Saw Palmetto, decreasing sebum with fish oil and making it less sticky, helping normalize keratin with Vitamin A, enhancing healing ability with vitamin E, and I'm not too sure how zinc helps but yeah. My diet is mostly proteins, vegetables, and fruits. I cut down on citrus, peanut, milk (haven't drunk milk in almost a month), and bread. I wonder if I should add any other supplements to my reperoitre.

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner

#8 NdnRomeo

NdnRomeo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

I would NOT mess with saw palmetto. When you mess with already unbalanced hormones, you're asking for trouble. I suffered horrendously with it sad.gif.

But the fish oil/zinc is great. Add in lots of olive oil, vit A, E, C, B and you're good to go.

#9 GoBills

GoBills

I really do love the Buffalo Bills!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:08 AM

I take 3g of Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega fish oil a day (more EPA & DHA than most), 1g Borage Oil, and 400 iu DRY Vitamin E (Borage and E both with dinner, fish oil throughout the day).

I've found DRY vitamin E is much more effective.

Morning - As of 5/15/08
Primal Defense probiotics - 2 pills upon waking
Wash face w/ Carly's Clear and Smooth
Breakfast

Organic EVOO - 2 tbs
Green smoothie w/ added protein, fruit, wheat grass, 2 tbs ACV, MSM, turmeric
Vitamin C - 1000 mg
Vitamin B Complex
Dry Vitamin E - 400 iu
Calcium - 600 mg
Nordic Naturals Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1 tsp
Dinner
Organic EVOO - 1 tbs
Chromium Picolinate - 200 mcg
Borage Oil - 1000 mg with high amount of GLA
Twin Lab Arctic Cod Liver Oil - 1 tsp
Night
ZMA - 3 tabs
Wash face w/ water. Tone: ACV/water. Moistourize: aloe vera w/ niacinamide

AVOID: Hydrogenated vegetable oils, red meat, dairy, sugar, bad carbs.

Sleep well & exercise! 90-95% clear. Die Acne. Just Die.

#10 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hey guys, I got some new supplements and I need some input about how much to take again...

I got a 400 count of Omega 3 Fish oil (without 6 and 9) at 1000 mg a gelcap and L-Lysine 500 mg, as well as B-complex (60 tabs) of the following amounts...

B1 50mg
B2 50mg
B3 50mg
B6 50mg
Folate 400mcg
B12 50mcg
Biotin 50mcg
Pantothenic Acid 50mg

How much do you guys recommend for these new supplements? Do I absolutely have to have 6 and 9 for Omega?

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner

#11 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

Anyone know the proper amounts for those? Do you guys split up the dosage 1/2 morning and evening?

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner

#12 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

So taking a lot of fish oil capsules is not harmful? rolleyes.gif I usually take like 6 a day.

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something...

#13 The Great Reizo

The Great Reizo

Andrew...The Android!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:01 AM

Hmm, my mom said it was thinning to the blood but honestly I could care less.

Bright and Early
-------------------
1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner
4.) Glycolic Acid Serum
5.) SPF 30 Sunscreen

Late and Horny
------------------

1.) BP 2.5% Scrub
2.) Ice Pack
3.) Salicylic Toner

#14 rakbs

rakbs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Cogito- ergo-sum. @ Apr 6 2008, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So taking a lot of fish oil capsules is not harmful? rolleyes.gif I usually take like 6 a day.

I used to take 15 a day with no problems.