Photo

Tea Tree Oil and Jojoba Oil

3 replies to this topic

#1 1NoahOne

1NoahOne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Things I've tried:<br />AcneFree: 3 Step Kit, Pimple Peel<br />Neutrogena: Stress Free 3-in-1, Oil Free Acne Wash, Oil Free Anti-Acne Moisturizer<br />Clean and Clear: Advanced Spot Treatment, Oxygenating Exfoiliating Scrub<br />Prescription: Trentinoin .05%, Clyndamycin 1%, Aqueous Base Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

I have heard about people mixing jojoba and tto right before they put it on their face, but is there anything inherently wrong about storing them together in the same container for more than a week or two? Would their properties be dulled/altered? I would love advice from anyone who knows anything about these two oils... thanks a ton!
My personal regimen:
Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser
Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel
Paula's Choice Blemish Fighting Solution
(AM) PC SPF 15
(PM) PC Moisturizer

Omega 3 Fish Oil
Vitamin A & D

Biggest tip: DO SOME RESEARCH! Face 90% clear by eliminating pore-cloggers and skin irritants (found in basically every Clean & Clear, Clearasil, and Neutrogena product on the market)

****I recommend PaulasChoice.com's Ingredient Dictionary for research...****

#2 cablepully

cablepully

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (1NoahOne @ Mar 26 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have heard about people mixing jojoba and tto right before they put it on their face, but is there anything inherently wrong about storing them together in the same container for more than a week or two? Would their properties be dulled/altered? I would love advice from anyone who knows anything about these two oils... thanks a ton!

I wouldn't put Jojoba on my face. The whole purpose of tea tree (essential) oil is its anti-bacterial properties. Don't put OIL on your face.

Dessert Essence makes a good product with tea tree pads for your face. They sell it at Trader Joes' really cheap. Get that jar, and there's no need to mix anything. (It smells good too)

#3 1NoahOne

1NoahOne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Things I've tried:<br />AcneFree: 3 Step Kit, Pimple Peel<br />Neutrogena: Stress Free 3-in-1, Oil Free Acne Wash, Oil Free Anti-Acne Moisturizer<br />Clean and Clear: Advanced Spot Treatment, Oxygenating Exfoiliating Scrub<br />Prescription: Trentinoin .05%, Clyndamycin 1%, Aqueous Base Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

No actually jojoba is incredibly good for ur skin and doesn't clog pores... read daniel kern's blog about jojoba oil
My personal regimen:
Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser
Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel
Paula's Choice Blemish Fighting Solution
(AM) PC SPF 15
(PM) PC Moisturizer

Omega 3 Fish Oil
Vitamin A & D

Biggest tip: DO SOME RESEARCH! Face 90% clear by eliminating pore-cloggers and skin irritants (found in basically every Clean & Clear, Clearasil, and Neutrogena product on the market)

****I recommend PaulasChoice.com's Ingredient Dictionary for research...****

#4 JustaMomToo

JustaMomToo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (1NoahOne @ Mar 26 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey!

When I was in the health food store the other day, I read a product that had ingredients of tea tree oil, jojoba oil, and manuka oil. I don't remember the name but it was for blemishes and mosquito bites, etc. So, yes, you can mix oils. There are a number of products you can read about online that mix different oils. The same as people mix different percentages of two or more oils together to cleanse, your oil percentage of each would depend upon what purpose you want it to serve.

So, if you take 100% tea tree oil and mix it with jojoba, obviously the tto wouldn't be as strong, but they both are good for skin. Lots of people don't use it straight up anyway. Depending upon what you want to treat with it, would be how you would mix it and with what. Here's a site regarding tto and dilutions. It might help you out with amounts of each, etc. or do another search. I've seen tto in lots of products with other ingredients.

Hope this helps!

http://www.teatreeoi...-dilute.htm#oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users