This topic is archived.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Pwndami

Pwndami

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

Please reply with your theories on how and what you can do to grow out of blackheads/clogged pores sooner. A natural cure.

Here's mine: do the complete opposite of treating/removing them. Protect them, protect every pore till everything inside comes out naturally. Use no topicals/chemicals, just water in case you have to cleanse the face.

EDIT: Although I still believe my theory will not make anything worse, it is probably the slowest way to grow out.

#2 antoniog

antoniog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

You have a theory. Now you need to test it.

Or it'll just remain speculative.

#3 creamspliter

creamspliter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

question. How do you plan to protect them? Put a plaster over them? cause i think id look stupid if i plastered my nose up...

#4 Pwndami

Pwndami

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (creamspliter @ Mar 26 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
question. How do you plan to protect them? Put a plaster over them? cause i think id look stupid if i plastered my nose up...

well i was thinking just leaving them completely alone. Not letting anything interrupt the natural process of the stuff coming out on its own. Like not touching the face, not letting something touch the face etc.

To me atleast its been like this, I clear them, but what do they do? they come back, and they spread! for me. They are like hair. you shave them, and they come back more and more, except unlike hair, they can fallout.

As far as testing goes, it will be hard, I havent gone more than 2 weeks like this, I tried it 3 months ago, but it was like i had these tiny particles sittin on my face and I cant go out like that.. cant go to school like that. 2 weeks is actually a very long time for me since it reclogs in less than 2-3 days.

btw I mostly have clogged pores, I have some blackheads too though.

#5 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading TV Guide, Writing to TV Guide, Renewing TV Guide

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Pwndami @ Mar 26 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (creamspliter @ Mar 26 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i was thinking just leaving them completely alone. Not letting anything interrupt the natural process of the stuff coming out on its own. Like not touching the face, not letting something touch the face etc.

To me atleast its been like this, I clear them, but what do they do? they come back, and they spread! for me. They are like hair. you shave them, and they come back more and more, except unlike hair, they can fallout.

As far as testing goes, it will be hard, I havent gone more than 2 weeks like this, I tried it 3 months ago, but it was like i had these tiny particles sittin on my face and I cant go out like that.. cant go to school like that. 2 weeks is actually a very long time for me since it reclogs in less than 2-3 days.

btw I mostly have clogged pores, I have some blackheads too though.

Im sorry to say that this theory is bogus.

We have two types of skin in my family. My fathers clear blackhead/pore free skin, and my moms oily blackhead prone skin.

I inherited my mothers. She has had blackheads all her life and has done nothing other then cleanse her face with a gentle cleanser (no extractions, no poking, no touching, no chemicals (BHA/AHA) etc.)

The only difference is that as she has gotten older, her skin has become less oily and she therefore has less blackheads (probably due to menopause/the reduction of hormones).

'Chemicals' do not make things worse in my oppinion. I have been using a BHA for awhile now and my blackheads/pores have never looked better.

I do not belive in pushing/poping pimples/blackheads in anyway. Not because it makes the blackhead worse, but because you run the severe risk of permanently damaging your pore. If you are using a BHA/AHA/retinol, the blackheads will eventually come out / dissapear.

It will happen eventually, if not later rather then sooner.

Something new I have learned which may be a desirable option over Retinol is high concentrations of Peroxide (10 and even 20%) they have been proven to actually dissolve the blackhead inside of the pore. If you are a girl who uses Jolene bleach to bleach her facial hair - consider using this wherever you have clogged pores and see how this works for you. Or if you are a guy, try BP 10% as a mask/leave on treatment and then rinse it off after 10 minutes.

And if you must have things extracted. Spend the $50 and get it done by a professional.

#6 antoniog

antoniog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

They are like hair. you shave them, and they come back more and more, except unlike hair, they can fallout.

When you shave hair it doesn't come back more and more. That's a simple fact.

#7 sznooze

sznooze

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

to debunk: when you shave, your hair grows back the same. when you actually get your hair professionally removed, it will grow back less and less, in other words: thin out.

blackheads and closed comedones need to come out, or your face will become more and more congested over time. without aide, its rare that they will come out on their own. when you get a sliver in your hand, i doubt most of you would leave it in there hoping it will just "push" itself out. sure, maybe in time -- but going back to blackheads and closed comedones, while you're waiting for them to fix itself, more will appear.

if they are showing their ugly face in your skin, they need out. the longer they stay in there, the longer your pores will remain configured to harboring that blemish. for the healing process to really take shape, they need to come out, so your pore can return to a state where its functioning properly.

#8 Pwndami

Pwndami

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

Since every male grows hair, facial hair lets say. When it begins it starts slow and then it gets denser on its own. Just the way human males are.. right.

Now if you shave, and if your dna code says that if u shave, the process "then it gets denser on its own." will happen quicker.

I've heard of these myth busters that say hair doesnt grow back quicker if u shave them. I dont believe that. I cant... im sorry. Everything ive done to myself resulted in more hair, denser hair. Sorry to be graffic, but tell that to my ass.... I shaved it once, I know.. I know... and it was hairy... and then after 2 years it became too much to handle, waxed it this time, and whoa it became the amazon jungle. Waxed 3 or more times then i got lazy and left it alone.

Also, ive done massive research on waxing, and ive very successfully waxed myself as well. NO NO NO it doesnt immedietly "grow back less and less, in other words: thin out.", it grows back denser / with more hairs per inch.

Now after repeated use, like after 5-10 years of doing it, eventually they "grow back less and less, in other words: thin out." Maybe less than 5 years, but still its not like you say.

So anyways, I agree with everything else you guys said. Leaving the clogged pores completely alone is probably the slowest way to grow out but I still dont think the pores will keep getting clogged more and more if you leave them alone. If the pores get clogged more and more, the pores have to keep getting larger and that doesnt make sense to me.

I am a little against chemicals because ive read many many posts here about blackhead treatments, and everyone says something works pretty well but they also say it they stop using it, the blackheads come back. So.. tell me at what point do they stop coming back? At what age? Why is there still some people over 40 here that still havent grown out... and they are using all these expensive creams like green cream, mandelic acid, Sa. etc.. .. My mom grew out of it before 25 and she never used any of these fancy topicals.

Still your right, i shudnt be against chemicals, but, SA MA and GC are probably not the right ones because they dont help you grow out of it, they just maintain only as long as they are used, atleast thats what most people have said in this forum.

#9 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:39 AM

You are totally right, all the topicals that we use just help maintain the blackheads that we have; they definitely don't help in 'growing out of it'

Personally I dont care - I dont want to wait till im (lets say 25) to have nice skin, lol, I want to look good while Im still young.

But whatever works for you smile.gif

#10 THX

THX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:59 AM

Here's some food for thought: Over the past few years, there is only one time where most of my blackheads went away (I usually have dozen upon dozens): after volunteering with habitat for humanity in new orleans building houses (outside for 8hours for 6 days) I was pretty sunburnt -red and peely. I came home, my blackheads fell out just as my skin sloughed off. They eventually came back, but it was pretty cool for a week.

#11 annakarenina83

annakarenina83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Books, Science, Medicine, Music, WOW, lost, sopranos :)

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

if hair did grow back thicker and more numerous every time you shaved then every single time you shaved your face (boys) or legs (girls..some boys lol)...it would get thicker..imagine what that would eventually look like lol

Its because when you shave you change the shape of the end of the hair..this results in light refracting off it in a different way and making the hair look more obvious and darker

when adolescent boys shave their face more and more they may get thicker growth but its a complete coincidence..its just their hormones promoting more and more growth.

#12 Pwndami

Pwndami

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (annakarenina83 @ Mar 28 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when adolescent boys shave their face more and more they may get thicker growth but its a complete coincidence..its just their hormones promoting more and more growth.

Agreed, but I don't think it's a coincidence, hormones do seem to be the reason for promoting more growth when hair is shaved or cut,. The hormones' response to shaved/cut hair results in quicker growth, IMO. Yes i agree this probably doesn't happen to fully grown adults and if it did, they would turn into gorillas. For me, i'm still only 21, and very horny indeed. hmmph...

and THX, care to give a little bit more detail? because that sounds interesting

#13 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Pwndami @ Mar 28 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (annakarenina83 @ Mar 28 2008, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, but I don't think it's a coincidence, hormones do seem to be the reason for promoting more growth when hair is shaved or cut,. The hormones' response to shaved/cut hair results in quicker growth, IMO. Yes i agree this probably doesn't happen to fully grown adults and if it did, they would turn into gorillas. For me, i'm still only 21, and very horny indeed. hmmph...

and THX, care to give a little bit more detail? because that sounds interesting

I thought we were talking about blackheads? lol... bodyhair.org

#14 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:38 AM

To return to the original topic: some people NEVER outgrow this skin condition. It is one of the stubbornest types of acne.

I'm 43, I haven't outgrown it yet. Low-dose Accutane has knocked it out for now, but I am pretty sure it will come back when my course ends.
Retired from Acne.org

#15 BigPore

BigPore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

Here is a log of an attempt to allow blackheads to remove themselves. It was unsuccessful.

#16 Pwndami

Pwndami

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:21 AM

Thanks bigpore for that link. It helped.

Is it possible that without the interruption of too many topicals/medicine, a normal persons blackheads eventually start to go away on their own when their hormone levels decrease?

Hormones increase during puberty blahblah and when it decreases, blackheads goes away? From personal experience I can say with great confidence, that inconsistent masterbation, too much or too less, like 4 times in 8 days and then after that taking a 3 day break = some whiteheads. like 2-6 little ones. Why? sebum increase... it has to be right?

Whether masturbation is linked to blackheads/whiteheads/clogged pores or not, I dont know, I would think it does but the point of this thread is that I'm trying to find why some people grow out, and ask every possible question about how they do it and discuss the matter. Was it their... ___, or is it because they ____.
Theres gotta be people out there that gow out of it, it can't just be a myth.

#17 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Pwndami @ Mar 31 2008, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bigpore for that link. It helped.

Is it possible that without the interruption of too many topicals/medicine, a normal persons blackheads eventually start to go away on their own when their hormone levels decrease?

Hormones increase during puberty blahblah and when it decreases, blackheads goes away? From personal experience I can say with great confidence, that inconsistent masterbation, too much or too less, like 4 times in 8 days and then after that taking a 3 day break = some whiteheads. like 2-6 little ones. Why? sebum increase... it has to be right?

Whether masturbation is linked to blackheads/whiteheads/clogged pores or not, I dont know, I would think it does but the point of this thread is that I'm trying to find why some people grow out, and ask every possible question about how they do it and discuss the matter. Was it their... ___, or is it because they ____.
Theres gotta be people out there that gow out of it, it can't just be a myth.

I think that if you are looking for people who outgrew their blackheads etc. this is the wrong place to find them tongue.gif

We arent hanging out in this discussion forum because we have flawless, effortless skin

#18 Pwndami

Pwndami

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

your so right haha..

thread fails.