Photo

Will Accutane get rid of clogged pores and blackheads?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 pouringRAINA

pouringRAINA

Galatians 2:20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

I am currently on accutane, and I think the biggest insecurity I have are my huge pores on my nose and my black heads. Will Accutane clear them up?

#2 antoniog

antoniog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (pouringRAINA @ Mar 16 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am currently on accutane, and I think the biggest insecurity I have are my huge pores on my nose and my black heads. Will Accutane clear them up?

Accutane can be very good at unclogging pores given enough time. So I've read anyway.

I'm on accutane myself, day 50 or something. Before that I was on mandelic acid and occasionally green cream.

My pores are not so clogged up anymore (what was most effective from the list of products above I'm not sure) but my pores look huge. In my case it seems that the clearance of gunk from the pores have made them appear that bit larger, unfortunately.

Maybe after a couple of months or three more they will look smaller. I've reduced the dosage of accutane and planning on being on a low dose regime for many months.

Today, I've even applied green cream. Maybe that's not such a smart idea but I got tired of not using anything topically... I'm curious to see what effects low dose accutane combined with GC will have. Maybe it will do more harm than good but I got impatient so I thought what the heck...

Anyway the effects of accutane vary from person to person. Maybe you'll have massive success with it. Who knows, maybe after a while my pores will appear smaller but at this point I'm not holding my breath. Still, 50 days is not a long time when it comes to accutane. Especially not when doing low dose!

#3 NyamNyam

NyamNyam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (pouringRAINA @ Mar 16 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe after a couple of months or three more they will look smaller. I've reduced the dosage of accutane and planning on being on a low dose regime for many months.

How will you convince the derma to put you on a long-term low dosage of accutane? Or are you buying it outside of this? Sometimes I wish I could pay for health-care, so that accutane in the UK would be given to moderate but persistant acne sufferers.

#4 fettered2freedom

fettered2freedom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

I had all comedonal acne (little clogged pores), oops, why did I write 'had'? I still do. Also, I'm on accutane and I have been now for 4.5 months.

So far no improvement.

Not only that, but I have cystic acne now.

I would advise alternative treatments but I also took accutane two other times in my life and those times it was AWESOME, like worked in two weeks and I had perfect skin for the entire treatment and up to like a year or two after...

Varies.

Do other stuff first though, thats what i'd suggest, im gonna stick it out cuz im already so far into it...

#5 pouringRAINA

pouringRAINA

Galatians 2:20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

Accutane has been pushing up the dirt that is in my pores on my nose...so I think it will get rid of them over time. smile.gif

#6 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:38 AM

It helps well your on it, but at least for me it was the first thing to come back when I stopped.

#7 annakarenina83

annakarenina83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:01 PM

I'm now on 20mg/day (weigh 55kg) and yeah its cleared up my clogged pores a LOT. Blackhheads are gone and pores appear smaller and less clogged. From reading peoples responses this seems to vary from person to person though

good luck!

#8 drewseph

drewseph

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

I suggest you get really good at manually clearing out a tube of gunk out of your pore..
Accutane will clear it, but it takes a long time. My cystic acne left after month 1, but my pores purged the entire course so it takes a long ass time but yes it will/.

#9 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (pouringRAINA @ Mar 16 2008, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like it's different for everyone!

10 mg/day cleared my pores completely in 2 months ... and they were almost clear after the first 30 days.

#10 JoeBloggs

JoeBloggs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

I used a have a lot of blackheads on my nose, after a couple of weeks on accutane the blackheads had become slightly raised as if they were being pushed, eventually one by one they just dissapeared. I dont have a blackhead on my nose at all now, but Im still on accutane, so who knows. It might comes back after I finish my course

#11 ChiPster7

ChiPster7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

hey there! i randomly came across your blog but wanted to encourage you! I went through a really bad acne time when I was a junior in highschool so i was 17 as well. It was honestly one of the most trying times of my life. Like you, I tried everything it seemed. Finally, after months of suffering I did accutane. My side affects were not near as bad as yours though. In fact literally as soon as I started taking them they got better. However, I think my acne was worse than yours though. (not to make light of yours just saying!!) Anyways though, hang in there its only going to get better, and by looking at your pictures I can tell a difference. It is indeed totally worth all the crap ya gotta go through. My face hardly has any scarring and I'll get a cystic zit here and there... but not like the ones I used to get. I'll show you a picture of my face now, i dont have any on my computer of then but i will get one and show ya. I am a christian too and I grew so much through that time. I look back now and I am so thankful I went through that... it was so humbling and made me realize that true beauty is on the inside anyways. Listen to Jinny Owen's song "If You Want Me To" or Barlow Girl "Mirror" Keep persevering through this! Life is hard thats forsure smile.gif

#12 danielguru

danielguru

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

It helped my brother with blackheads.. he also continued to use a soap with salicylic exfoliating beeds a few times a week.