Severe breakout out of nowhere!

6 replies to this topic

#1 chriscc

chriscc

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

Okay, here's the short of it. I'm self employed have been at home for the past 6 months and recently hit the road for work. When on the road I stay at a hotel till the jobs done. I've stayed these lenghts at hotels in the past and have not had this problem. Things that have changed in my lifestyle:

I have been using Rogaine foam for the past year and stopped as soon as this breakout appeared.

I had been working out every morning on an elliptical for 45 minutes for the past several months, but am not able to on the road.

I'm on a night shift (5pm-3am) but have worked night shifts in the past w/o this problem (10 years ago).

The hotel room can get pretty dry with the heater on, so I've stopped using the heater so much. I went out and bought a neutrogena bar of soap after this breakout occured. I also picked up several other neutrogena products (but not using several different products, just trying them one at a time). The only other thing I can think of causing this are the hotel pillows or the hotel towels. I even bought the same soap I use at home. The water at the hotel is pretty hard though.

I'm not under a lot of stress. Although I have been planning a big vacation to Hawaii.

Please help!

Attached Thumbnails

• 0310082046.jpg

#2 chococat123

chococat123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

Have you tried topical medication with saclyic acid or benzoyl perioxide? My sister had the same problem where she broke out on her forehead, but the rest of her skin is clear. The derm perscribed her differin and it worked. HOpefully, you will find something for you.
Morning: Clindamycin
Cetaphil Face Wash

Night: Oil of Olay Foaming Face Wash
Avita Cream

#3 chriscc

chriscc

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

I'd hope that this is some type of reaction to something I'm being exposed to now. Is this sudden outbreak something that can be long-lasting in adults (30yrs old)?

#4 mogle

mogle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:31 PM

I'm having a very similar thing happen to me.

My breakout is on my forehead only, and looks similar to yours.

I work out four days a week, but the past few weeks have taken off and have started recently breaking out.

I'm wondering if this is having anything to do with it?

Anyway, I've been using various cleaners and nothing seemed to be helping. Today I picked up some SA 2.0% and applied it earlier. It already seems to be helping clear it up. I'm hoping it progresses and helps clear it up completely.

#5 HolisticJane

HolisticJane

Why yes, Redheads are Evil..Bwahahaha!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Eastern Philosophies, tattoos, Art, Weird Stuff, Guns, museums, theater, anything avante guarde, strange poetry, feminism, Sensitive yet confident men.

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:59 AM

Have you thought about maybe a mild form of Rosacea? The reason I ask is because that's how my Rosacea manifested itself. The exertion from exercise and the heat from the indoors makes it worse. Sometimes people confuse adult acne with Rosacea. The vasodilation of the blood vessels causes inflammation, when irritated it causes bumps that may not necessarily be acne, but Rosacea. It's something to think about. Go see a derm.

I cleared my forehead using my current routine within 4 days. It's been continously breaking out since christmas. Calamine lotion dried those suckers up fast. Made my redness disappear and soothed my skin. It's 8% Calamine, 8% Zinc Oxide. Good stuff. Only use it at night, makes you look like a pasty Goth rocker.
Jane, age 36
(Follicular/Hormonal Acne Sufferer for 16 Years) PCOS

Day and Night:
Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser w/ Microfiber cloth
Clinique Repairwear for eyes
Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free, Wait 10 minutes
Pea Sized amount of Tazorac .01%
Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid
Aquaphor on lips and spots for healing

200 mg of Doxycycline a day

100% Clear as of 12/21/2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supplements: Multi-Vit, Zinc, L-Taurine, B1 (thiamine), Flush Free Niacin, Fish Oil w/Omega 3, 4000 mg of Vitamin C. Limited Dairy, no soda, no red meat, no pork, Organic Die

#6 Wistar

Wistar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

It looks like papulopustular rosacea. Quite a lot of drugs can cause a similar acneiform reaction. I had a similar breakout when I took a Vitamin B-50 complex. My forehead had the same type of acne lesions yours has.

If it is rosacea papules, the neutrogena products probably won't help. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide will just irritate the skin. I found icy cold water followed by antiseptic cream containing chlorhexidine (Savlon in the UK) works well to reduce inflammation. To stop it happening you need to find the trigger.

#7 s2a6r2a

s2a6r2a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (chriscc @ Mar 10 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hope that this is some type of reaction to something I'm being exposed to now. Is this sudden outbreak something that can be long-lasting in adults (30yrs old)?

I'm having the opposite problem at age 29. My forehead has been 100% clear for 6 months (I used to get a few monthly blemishes on my forehead since I was a teen) and my cheeks and chin are breaking out for the first time in my life. I'm being told that it is my hormones changing. I read that women typically get adult acne on cheeks, chin and around the mouth. Men on the other hand, can get it everywhere. I feel your pain. I kept thinking it must be a reaction to something because I have NEVER had blemishes on my cheeks before. I went back to my old shampoos, detergents, soaps, make-up, facial cleansers, washed my sheets and towels daily... nothing seemed to reverse it. Have you seen a dermatologist yet? Salicylic acid and Benzoyl Peroxide seem to work on my forehead. I don't use prescriptions there. I use the Clinique Acne Solutions products for that. You could always give Accuatne a try. I'd do it, but I plan on having kids this year. Now I fell like I have to make the choice between acne treatments and children!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users