Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neosporin on non-popped cysts?

20 posts in this topic

I don't pop my cysts. I've never scarred from any of my acne or past cysts, I don't have cystic acne but when I do get the occasional cyst boy is it nasty! The one I have now is about the size of a quarter as of now. Been icing and applying hot compresses. And been putting BP on a lot. But no help. I used the aspirin mask as a spot treatment but for some reason it didn't help at all this time.

Anyways, I purchased some neosporin today. Will this help on a closed cyst? The cyst is really raised and I think pretty close to the surface, no head though. It's very liquidly and feels like it could explode, yet it hasn't.

Do you think it would help?

I don't pop my cysts. I've never scarred from any of my acne or past cysts, I don't have cystic acne but when I do get the occasional cyst boy is it nasty! The one I have now is about the size of a quarter as of now. Been icing and applying hot compresses. And been putting BP on a lot. But no help. I used the aspirin mask as a spot treatment but for some reason it didn't help at all this time.

Anyways, I purchased some neosporin today. Will this help on a closed cyst? The cyst is really raised and I think pretty close to the surface, no head though. It's very liquidly and feels like it could explode, yet it hasn't.

Sakura-hime's Mandelic Acid Log

3-7-08 Nucelle Routine

5-18-08 Integrating Paula's Choice SA into regimen.

9-4-08 Excluding all but MA and BP

12-19-08 Only using MA and Emu Oil

Morning

-NuCelle 10% Mandelic Acid Serum (wait 20-30 minutes)

-Dove Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 15

-Physician's Formula Make-Up (I looove!)

Evening

-Wash with Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Cleanser

-NuCelle 10% Mandelic Acid Serum (wait 20-30 minutes)

-Emu Oil <333

My skin feels and looks beautiful now, and I'm always getting compliments!

Neosporin will kill the bacteria on the top layer of your cyst, but I'm unsure about whether it would penetrate it or not. It's worth a try though! I'd say try putting it on top of it one night and see how it looks in the morning.

I've used Neosporin before for zits I had popped, but I don't recall trying it on unpopped ones.

I'd say try putting it on top of it one night and see how it looks in the morning.

I'd say try putting it on top of it one night and see how it looks in the morning.

I'm doing that as of now! But when I wake up tomorrow, how would I know if it did it any good? I doubt it would be fully flattened.

Seriously, tea tree oil has been the best thing for any of my variety of skin spots, including the occasional cyst.

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

YAY for Neosporin working for those buggers!!! Molly's idea about the ice or tea bag is a well-tried version for cysts as well. I'm sure by now you've read the link Wynne has for taking care of them too. I think the most important thing to do out of any method or topical you like to use, is keep the skin soft enough so any topical you do use can penetrate as best as possible. I bet Neosporin has done a great job because they advertise it helps speed healing of cuts, it is antibacterial, soothing, all good things for skin, so why not?!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if one thing worked for everyone? :D Continued Neosporin success!

I have some bad news. The cyst seemed to swell back up to its original size throughout the day. :cry:

It just sucks that even though I put makeup on the cover old marks and smaller pimples, you can still see the large lump smacked upon my face.

The cyst seemed smaller when I woke up and I have a bad feeling its gonna stay there for a while. Whoopeee! I'm going to a concert this Friday. So everyone can see it.

At least the other large pimple went away. :rolleyes: And I'll still put the neosporin on tonight.

I wish I was able to go to the derm to get this thing injected. I won't be able to make an appointment until April. If this sucker is still there, the derm better make it go away.

Again, this morning it's shrunken a little but I think it will just swell up again tonight. Anyways, it's a dark colored purple and very hard to cover up. I'm planning on going to the derm as soon as I can. I wish I didn't have to get a referral. But it's either that or wait a month until my insurance changes to make an appointment without a referral.

Could your general practitioner get the cyst injected?

unfortunately, no. :(

Why don't you just use benzoyl peroxide?

Oh I have been, and I've used it in the past. Doesn't seem to work any better than anything I use. I think that the cyst needs to be opened for that to work better.

But what I have found, again it could just be a temporary thing like the neosporin, is hot epsom salt compresses. It seems like it flattens before my eyes. So far, it's flattened about 5% from the epsom salt. After that, since my skin is softened I put the neosporin on. Maybe I'll just put the BP on instead for now since I can use the neopsorin on an open cyst or pimple in the future and not waste it.

Why don't you just use benzoyl peroxide?

Oh I have been, and I've used it in the past. Doesn't seem to work any better than anything I use. I think that the cyst needs to be opened for that to work better.

But what I have found, again it could just be a temporary thing like the neosporin, is hot epsom salt compresses. It seems like it flattens before my eyes. So far, it's flattened about 5% from the epsom salt. After that, since my skin is softened I put the neosporin on. Maybe I'll just put the BP on instead for now since I can use the neopsorin on an open cyst or pimple in the future and not waste it.

I wouldn't do it!

I wouldn't do it!