Photo

DIM appears to be making my acne worse!

This topic is in the process of being archived.
97 replies to this topic

#81 lollypolly

lollypolly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

Dim is definitely not working for me. My initial breakout has got horrendously worse and I feel shitty.

I'm selling the rest of my tablets (half left) on ebay if anyone from the UK is interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=130205319804

Hope that link works

#82 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

Lolly, I hope things improve and you can find your way to 100% soon.

#83 JPizzle

JPizzle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

3 weeks, no change at all. i give up, what a crock, cant beleive i beleived this

#84 bran88

bran88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (JPizzle @ Mar 11 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 weeks, no change at all. i give up, what a crock, cant beleive i beleived this

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but that doesn't mean it's a crock...Nothing will work for everyone, and I wouldn't expect DIm to either, esp. if your underlying problem isn't hormonal...all we can do is experiment and try to piece things together the best we can.

Also sorry to correct you, but I think that it is important for others considering DIM to know accurate facts about successes and failures...You posted "1 week down" on the DIM thread on march 4th...that means that you have been taking it for about 2 weeks...if you've decided to stop taking it that's fine, but it doesn't look as though it's actually been 3 weeks for you...

#85 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (JPizzle @ Mar 12 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You still post negativity without answering our questions to you or giving any information. You are the only one behaving this way. I question your legitimacy. I am not usually quick to do such a thing, but you literally have given us NO answers on your routine or observed effects (good or bad). Did you think that DIM was so magical that by merely posting in the DIM thread you'd be cured? Nothing comes easy.

edit: see... http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2217693

#86 JPizzle

JPizzle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

oh im sorry i havent answered anyones questions, i stopped visiting the DIM threads after i gave up on it basically, i apologize

#87 JPizzle

JPizzle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

oh im sorry i havent answered anyones questions, i stopped visiting the DIM threads after i gave up on it basically, i apologize

#88 JPizzle

JPizzle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Panda1 @ Mar 11 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JPizzle @ Mar 11 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never replied to anyone's questions asking what else you're using (if anything) to see if they could point you in the right direction. Plus a couple of days ago you said it had been 2 weeks wacko.gif

I also remember you posting this:

QUOTE (JPizzle @ Feb 28 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont want to jinx this but i had this HUGE red burnt piece of skin on my forhead and i took 4 pills between dinner and bedtime last night and that mark is completely gone. i cant belive it although i really dont want to jynx this. its only been 1 night

quick question, does this heal redness?

So what's the real story? I'm curious.

im guessing that skin dried off and peeled off, it was a bit silly to think that after one day the DIM would clear it up and as to my progress, there wasn't really any positive or negative effect to it, it just didnt do anything, not a single thing,

#89 bran88

bran88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (JPizzle @ Mar 11 2008, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Panda1 @ Mar 11 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JPizzle @ Mar 11 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never replied to anyone's questions asking what else you're using (if anything) to see if they could point you in the right direction. Plus a couple of days ago you said it had been 2 weeks wacko.gif

I also remember you posting this:

QUOTE (JPizzle @ Feb 28 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont want to jinx this but i had this HUGE red burnt piece of skin on my forhead and i took 4 pills between dinner and bedtime last night and that mark is completely gone. i cant belive it although i really dont want to jynx this. its only been 1 night

quick question, does this heal redness?

So what's the real story? I'm curious.

im guessing that skin dried off and peeled off, it was a bit silly to think that after one day the DIM would clear it up and as to my progress, there wasn't really any positive or negative effect to it, it just didnt do anything, not a single thing,

if you didn't notice ANY positive or negative effects then my guess would be one of two things:
1. your hormones are already pretty balanced
2. you are not able to absorb the DIM in the form you've got/with other factors in your diet/lifestyle

I haven't heard of anyone noticing no effect

#90 edc

edc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hi,
I've now been using DIM for 14 days. It appears to have made my acne worse!

It's been bad for me for this whole period and at day 14 I'm probably at worst state I've been for many months. I'm generally about 95-99 percent clear. I'm 21, and nowerdays my skin tone's good and I don't get oily but get about 1 smallish spot every few weeks - with DIM I've broken out in about 5.

I've read the whole main DIM thread and it doesn't actually look positive long term. I'm stopping, but I may finish my bottle in a few months to see if the same thing happens.

Hope you guys have more luck.

#91 Glass Danse

Glass Danse

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Football, rugby, health, music, reading.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Wasn't the DIM thread made by the Dolly1 troll?

#92 valo_123

valo_123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

No it was made by murmur...dotty just tried to take it under his/her wing

#93 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (alternativista @ Mar 9 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jodiat @ Mar 9 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.camucamufruit.com/

for periods and no blood link

That's a good source. There's a link to a study, plus a few authors to follow up.

And my personal experience also supports this.

Here's a link directly to the article on diet and menses:
http://www.phifounda...org/menses.html
And from there you can link to the study.

The study involves an extremely lowfat diet in which even things like avocado, nuts, olives, and plant oils were avoided. That's probably just because our medical establishment is obsessed with lowfat. I don't think that's necessary. It's about increasing sex-hormone binding globulin. Someone here talks about sex-hormone binding globulin all the time.

Also, the article mentions improving serious conditions like PCOS and endometriosis. I need to send this to my sister-in-law with PCOS.

Here's another post by someone noting an improvement in PMS issues after improving diet
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=1253195

#94 Lonefeather

Lonefeather

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Was me and its CDG - Calcium D-glucarate. I predicted ppl will breakout via DIM and was even told I was fixing a problem that didnt exsist.
[/quote]

So, do you suggest taking CDG and DIM at the same time? I started getting adult acne before taking the DIM. Getting worse. I only have it on my chin and nose which is weird. I'm in menopause now and everything seems out of wack. Also whats better for men to take for excess estrogen? DIM or CDG
Thanks in advance for any advise.

#95 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Lonefeather @ Mar 10 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was me and its CDG - Calcium D-glucarate. I predicted ppl will breakout via DIM and was even told I was fixing a problem that didnt exsist.

So, do you suggest taking CDG and DIM at the same time? I started getting adult acne before taking the DIM. Getting worse. I only have it on my chin and nose which is weird. I'm in menopause now and everything seems out of wack. Also whats better for men to take for excess estrogen? DIM or CDG
Thanks in advance for any advise.

I don't think you want to take DIM at all in menopause. It helps flush estrogens from your system. Have you read the other DIM threads? Follow the advice about improving liver and adrenal function, like eating lots of cruciferous veggies and other sources of sulfur. And maybe you want to try consuming foods containing phyto-estrogens. I'd start slow with that though. Like adding a tablespoon or so of ground flax seed to foods.

Science behind DIM

#96 Lonefeather

Lonefeather

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

Thats what I thought! CDG is ok though? I'm using natural progesterone with phytoestrogens. I just started eating lots of vegatables especially steamed broccoli. Lots of raw vegies too! I have done numourous liver cleanses. Adrenals are pretty much shot. I appreciate all your knowledge and responce. Yes iv'e read some of the DIM threads and still need to read more.

Thanks in advance for any advise.[/quote]

I don't think you want to take DIM at all in menopause. It helps flush estrogens from your system. Have you read the other DIM threads? Follow the advice about improving liver and adrenal function, like eating lots of cruciferous veggies and other sources of sulfur. And maybe you want to try consuming foods containing phyto-estrogens. I'd start slow with that though. Like adding a tablespoon or so of ground flax seed to foods.

[/quote]

#97 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Lonefeather @ Mar 11 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats what I thought! CDG is ok though? I'm using natural progesterone with phytoestrogens. I just started eating lots of vegatables especially steamed broccoli. Lots of raw vegies too! I have done numourous liver cleanses. Adrenals are pretty much shot. I appreciate all your knowledge and responce. Yes iv'e read some of the DIM threads and still need to read more.

Yes, I think so, but I'm not all that knowledgeable. Estrogen dominance isn't my issue. I never had any menstrual problems and my acne was constant, not monthly. I just found these discussions fascinating because of all the other great info in them. Like about liver function and how to improve it.

Do you sleep well?

#98 Lonefeather

Lonefeather

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Do you sleep well?
[/quote]

Not really, I have insomnia quite often. I do have estrogen dominence. I'm also on Armour thyroid.
I changed my hormone cream to progesterone with phytoestrogens instead of progesterone alone. I feel better with the mixed one. Will see if my acne gets better. I stopped taking the DIM as of today.
I am taking CDG a couple times a day. Time will tell if this will work for me.