Photo

White gunk in pores??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 ItsMe16

ItsMe16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

I am tired of all the white gunk in my pores. Nothing I do gets rid of it. Also my pores are huge, I could see all the little holes on my nose and on my cheeks. A couple minutes ago I went crazy and did something I know I shouldn't have, I tried squeezing most of the white gunk from my nose, and left some of my pores bleeding. I really need help with this problem, my acne is completely gone, but now I suffer with this. Any suggestions, currently I am using green cream, but I don't see much difference, I have been using if for 4 months!!! I have tried everything and nothing works.

#2 clou

clou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

Try something with Salicylic acid or mandelic acid. They both penetrate the pore.

#3 ItsMe16

ItsMe16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (clou @ Mar 4 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try something with Salicylic acid or mandelic acid. They both penetrate the pore.

I already tried Paulas Choice BHA, and even though I saw minor results, it irritated me way to much.

#4 clou

clou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

You have the same problem as me then, severe blackheads. I just ordered an rx retinoid Tazorac. I'm hearing that or Retin A is the next step if OTC products aren't working.

#5 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (ItsMe16 @ Mar 4 2008, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already tried Paulas Choice BHA, and even though I saw minor results, it irritated me way to much.

How long were you using the BHA for?

#6 elladp

elladp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

where did you order tazorac from?
that's the strongest retinoid right?
QUOTE (clou @ Mar 4 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have the same problem as me then, severe blackheads. I just ordered an rx retinoid Tazorac. I'm hearing that or Retin A is the next step if OTC products aren't working.

#7 ItsMe16

ItsMe16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (seb84 @ Mar 4 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was on the BHA for about 3 months, went off for about a month, then went on it again for another month, but had to quit because of the severe irritation the BHA and green cream combo were causing me. Its been weeks since I stopped and my skin still hasn't recovered. I still look red and irritated. I am to scared to try anything strong, such as tazoraz, mostly because of the irritation, and only because I know its just a temporary escape to my problem, and in the long run might do more damage than good.

#8 clou

clou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

The rules and regs of this site will not allow me to divulge where I ordered the Tazorac from. I do find very helpful info at www.makeupalley.com on the skincare board. wink.gif

I find that if I'm using a BHA or AHA and retinol in conjunction, I need to slowly ease into it. Maybe alternate nights or use until your skin can build up a tolerance. You can also buffer it with a moisturizer by applying moisturizer before the treatment. Something else I have been reading about but have not tried is SCT (believe it means spot contact therapy) where you apply the retinoid anywhere from 2 mintues to 4 hours then wash it off. Using a retinoid a few times a week vs low concentration BHA daily may be more effective. It really depends on the person.

From what I understand, Tazorac is a high concentration retinoid.

#9 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

No topical combination that I ever tried could stop my pores from becoming congested.

Green Cream got rid of the bumps, reduced my oiliness, and made my skin glow. Salicylic and mandelic kept blackheads at bay .... but none of these products prevented my sebaceous glands from gooping up my pores in the first place.

Low-dose Accutane is the first and only thing I've tried that simply stopped the congestion. At 10 mg/day, it stopped it completely. Now that I've cut back to half that dose, I am getting very slight congestion again, but nothing compared to what it used to be.

#10 elladp

elladp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:21 AM

I Want Accutane!!!! if nothing but accutane will ride a face of blackheads then it should be prescribed more for that! and the patient should be able to decide if they want to accept the risk of using it and not have a porcelain faced dermatologist tell them they don't need it!!!!!!!!! i'm so sick of them

QUOTE (LionQueen @ Mar 9 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No topical combination that I ever tried could stop my pores from becoming congested.

Green Cream got rid of the bumps, reduced my oiliness, and made my skin glow. Salicylic and mandelic kept blackheads at bay .... but none of these products prevented my sebaceous glands from gooping up my pores in the first place.

Low-dose Accutane is the first and only thing I've tried that simply stopped the congestion. At 10 mg/day, it stopped it completely. Now that I've cut back to half that dose, I am getting very slight congestion again, but nothing compared to what it used to be.

#11 newbie4000

newbie4000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

I have had this same problem since high school. I've tried many topicals, but nothing has ever worked.

I'm now 28 years old and have been on 40 mg of accutnane fo 3 weeks. All of the gunk in my pores has begun to harden, so I hope it will start falling out soon.

Lion Queen -> Are you planning on staying on low dose accutane for the long term (i.e years)??

#12 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

The current plan is for an 11-month course.

Then .... we'll see.

#13 elladp

elladp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (LionQueen @ Mar 12 2008, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The current plan is for an 11-month course.

Then .... we'll see.

i was just reading ur regimen lionqueen; what's supercop? also are you having any accutane side effects?

#14 creamspliter

creamspliter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:53 AM

iv got the same thing on my nose. Its really bad. My nose gets so oily. I can't ever seem to stop it. I try oil controlling lotions and purposely trying to try dry out my nose but nothing seems to work.

#15 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (creamspliter @ Mar 17 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iv got the same thing on my nose. Its really bad. My nose gets so oily. I can't ever seem to stop it. I try oil controlling lotions and purposely trying to try dry out my nose but nothing seems to work.

have you tried a BHA?

#16 creamspliter

creamspliter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:14 AM

no not really. Dunno where to buy over-the-counter BHA's... I only know of Paulas choice. I might of tried one without knowing. like SA

#17 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (creamspliter @ Mar 18 2008, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no not really. Dunno where to buy over-the-counter BHA's... I only know of Paulas choice. I might of tried one without knowing. like SA

I use Paula's choice BHA and its been great for me smile.gif

Also - using milk of magnesia as a mask really helps to control oiliness

#18 creamspliter

creamspliter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:57 PM

ehw? milk of the whaty to do what to me now? o.O

#19 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

I cannot really say its great because Ive only been using it a week but SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser might help you shrug.gif It contains 2% SA and mandelic acid

#20 seb84

seb84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (ItsMe16 @ Mar 5 2008, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (seb84 @ Mar 4 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was on the BHA for about 3 months, went off for about a month, then went on it again for another month, but had to quit because of the severe irritation the BHA and green cream combo were causing me. Its been weeks since I stopped and my skin still hasn't recovered. I still look red and irritated. I am to scared to try anything strong, such as tazoraz, mostly because of the irritation, and only because I know its just a temporary escape to my problem, and in the long run might do more damage than good.

I think people use retinoids like green cream to easily. Green cream is a product that restructures your pores, it causes incredible sensitivity - as it thins out your skin. I realize that it may be very affective, but I think you should try other methods first (for instance a BHA on its own).

Ive talked to people who were using a retinoid and then got a facial - their skin literally slipped off of their face when the estician was squeezing out some blackheads!

Scary stuff....

I would recommend you stop the green cream, wait for your skin to returns to normal - then slowly reintroduce the BHA and see how it works alone.