Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White gunk in pores??

28 posts in this topic

I am tired of all the white gunk in my pores. Nothing I do gets rid of it. Also my pores are huge, I could see all the little holes on my nose and on my cheeks. A couple minutes ago I went crazy and did something I know I shouldn't have, I tried squeezing most of the white gunk from my nose, and left some of my pores bleeding. I really need help with this problem, my acne is completely gone, but now I suffer with this. Any suggestions, currently I am using green cream, but I don't see much difference, I have been using if for 4 months!!! I have tried everything and nothing works.

Try something with Salicylic acid or mandelic acid. They both penetrate the pore.

Try something with Salicylic acid or mandelic acid. They both penetrate the pore.

You have the same problem as me then, severe blackheads. I just ordered an rx retinoid Tazorac. I'm hearing that or Retin A is the next step if OTC products aren't working.

I already tried Paulas Choice BHA, and even though I saw minor results, it irritated me way to much.

where did you order tazorac from?

that's the strongest retinoid right?

You have the same problem as me then, severe blackheads. I just ordered an rx retinoid Tazorac. I'm hearing that or Retin A is the next step if OTC products aren't working.

I already tried Paulas Choice BHA, and even though I saw minor results, it irritated me way to much.

The rules and regs of this site will not allow me to divulge where I ordered the Tazorac from. I do find very helpful info at www.makeupalley.com on the skincare board. ;)

I find that if I'm using a BHA or AHA and retinol in conjunction, I need to slowly ease into it. Maybe alternate nights or use until your skin can build up a tolerance. You can also buffer it with a moisturizer by applying moisturizer before the treatment. Something else I have been reading about but have not tried is SCT (believe it means spot contact therapy) where you apply the retinoid anywhere from 2 mintues to 4 hours then wash it off. Using a retinoid a few times a week vs low concentration BHA daily may be more effective. It really depends on the person.

From what I understand, Tazorac is a high concentration retinoid.

No topical combination that I ever tried could stop my pores from becoming congested.

Green Cream got rid of the bumps, reduced my oiliness, and made my skin glow. Salicylic and mandelic kept blackheads at bay .... but none of these products prevented my sebaceous glands from gooping up my pores in the first place.

Low-dose Accutane is the first and only thing I've tried that simply stopped the congestion. At 10 mg/day, it stopped it completely. Now that I've cut back to half that dose, I am getting very slight congestion again, but nothing compared to what it used to be.

Retired from Acne.org

I Want Accutane!!!! if nothing but accutane will ride a face of blackheads then it should be prescribed more for that! and the patient should be able to decide if they want to accept the risk of using it and not have a porcelain faced dermatologist tell them they don't need it!!!!!!!!! i'm so sick of them

No topical combination that I ever tried could stop my pores from becoming congested.

Green Cream got rid of the bumps, reduced my oiliness, and made my skin glow. Salicylic and mandelic kept blackheads at bay .... but none of these products prevented my sebaceous glands from gooping up my pores in the first place.

Low-dose Accutane is the first and only thing I've tried that simply stopped the congestion. At 10 mg/day, it stopped it completely. Now that I've cut back to half that dose, I am getting very slight congestion again, but nothing compared to what it used to be.

I have had this same problem since high school. I've tried many topicals, but nothing has ever worked.

I'm now 28 years old and have been on 40 mg of accutnane fo 3 weeks. All of the gunk in my pores has begun to harden, so I hope it will start falling out soon.

Lion Queen -> Are you planning on staying on low dose accutane for the long term (i.e years)??

The current plan is for an 11-month course.

Then .... we'll see.

Retired from Acne.org

The current plan is for an 11-month course.

Then .... we'll see.

iv got the same thing on my nose. Its really bad. My nose gets so oily. I can't ever seem to stop it. I try oil controlling lotions and purposely trying to try dry out my nose but nothing seems to work.

iv got the same thing on my nose. Its really bad. My nose gets so oily. I can't ever seem to stop it. I try oil controlling lotions and purposely trying to try dry out my nose but nothing seems to work.

no not really. Dunno where to buy over-the-counter BHA's... I only know of Paulas choice. I might of tried one without knowing. like SA

no not really. Dunno where to buy over-the-counter BHA's... I only know of Paulas choice. I might of tried one without knowing. like SA

I cannot really say its great because Ive only been using it a week but SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser might help you :shrug: It contains 2% SA and mandelic acid

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

How long were you using the BHA for?

My derm who got rid of active acne, (clearlight) informed me, the whiteheads, and blackheads, are stubborn, and microdermabrasion was the only way to budge stubborn whiteheads/blackheads.

seems extreme, although i do trust his advise.

(i was working for medical equipment company he bought from, and he did iclear, ipl and botox for me for free, so he wasnt out to 'sell' me)

Ive had small ones on my chin and around nose since school, nothing has ever changed it.

Even iclear, and i believe iclear cures acne. I will get micro after dermarolling.

My derm who got rid of active acne, (clearlight) informed me, the whiteheads, and blackheads, are stubborn, and microdermabrasion was the only way to budge stubborn whiteheads/blackheads.

seems extreme, although i do trust his advise.

(i was working for medical equipment company he bought from, and he did iclear, ipl and botox for me for free, so he wasnt out to 'sell' me)

Ive had small ones on my chin and around nose since school, nothing has ever changed it.

Even iclear, and i believe iclear cures acne. I will get micro after dermarolling.

The sad truth for now is that nothing really works to combat the source of the problem, the overproduction of sebum.

From what ive been hearing, accutane can work for some and reduce the oil production to normal or so. But during the accutane course, if and when the gunk stops forming in the pores, I think the user must do other things like closing the pores, and returning the skin condition to normal and letting everything heal / normalize.

I think an accutane course plus some technique can cause long term prevention. As to what this technique is I dont know. All i know is that it would have to tell the brain to control the retarded sebaceous glands.

Everything people are saying is like "it works, but it comes back", and im sick of hearing it =../

I just want something that works and atleast slowly lessens the oil production day by day and eventually lead to the day where its gone and Wont ever come back.

Some of you's that visit the dermatologists should ask them the hard questions like "is there something that works for blackheads and after I stop using it, it wont make the blackheads come back again?" or "what do you think I should do to grow out of it?"

Has DIM worked for any one who's skin is clogged with the gunk (sebum) and blackheads?

Has DIM worked for any one who's skin is clogged with the gunk (sebum) and blackheads?