Photo

good foundation [skin makeup] during accutane???

red mark makeup foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 arty-party-love

arty-party-love

arty-party-love

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

hey

firstly just to say i have read lots of accutane blogs and searched around a lot to try to find out what is the best makeup to use when doing a course of accutane...

my acne is moderate and sometimes severe- i am especially worried about the initial breakout period...

i just am wondering about the best foundation that will help cover my red marks and my raised acne while i am on this course

i dont really want to paint on a think paste of foundation as i am sure this wont help the healing process- i also want to avoid powders as with the flaky skin which will result form tane -powders dont seem like such a good idea!

basically i am just in need of advice from people who have been on tane and what foundation was used which worked well for them... also with regards to the foundation used - what was the simplest cleanser and way of cleansing to remove the foundation.?

also which ones to avoid like the plague?!!? lol

thank in advance!!!
x
Arty-Party-Love

#2 prettybow

prettybow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

hi, I was on acctutane about 4 times. When I first got on it, I continued to use my holy grail foundation- Revlon Colorstay. It doesn't break you out at all, and it can go on thick or thin..or you can put it on thin and use it thicker as a concealer. It stays on ALL day, and I would use the Clean and Clear blotting sheets to keep it fresh. Once you are about 3 months into the accutane treatment, your oil will start going away. Once you have no oil, mineral makeup will work awesome! Normally, on oily skin, it just slides right off and is worthless. But once your oil goes away, your skin is also more sensitve at this point so the mineral makeup works great as for being gentle and going on fast and easy...AND it too will last all day when you aren't all oily.

As for my cleansers, I'd use the purpose clear gel face wash...it was the least irritating and still suds up to get the makeup off. I am sure I have alot of other info I can share so feel free to PM me, I'd be glad to help smile.gif

QUOTE (arty-party-love @ Mar 2 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey

firstly just to say i have read lots of accutane blogs and searched around a lot to try to find out what is the best makeup to use when doing a course of accutane...

my acne is moderate and sometimes severe- i am especially worried about the initial breakout period...

i just am wondering about the best foundation that will help cover my red marks and my raised acne while i am on this course

i dont really want to paint on a think paste of foundation as i am sure this wont help the healing process- i also want to avoid powders as with the flaky skin which will result form tane -powders dont seem like such a good idea!

basically i am just in need of advice from people who have been on tane and what foundation was used which worked well for them... also with regards to the foundation used - what was the simplest cleanser and way of cleansing to remove the foundation.?

also which ones to avoid like the plague?!!? lol

thank in advance!!!
x

#3 onaccutane

onaccutane

onaccutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

Almay products are amazing and they won't make you break out!

#4 Ashley Sara

Ashley Sara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:07 AM

I always used neutrogena pressed powder.
your skin wont break out because it doesnt make you oily or anything
and i still use it :]

hahaha

:]

#5 TwiliMidna6

TwiliMidna6

Kate

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

I just started accutane but I know that I will be using Clinique supermoisture makeup. Right now I use clinique superbalance. Its a bit pricier than drugstore brands but cliniques products are amazing and wont irritate your skin at all. Good luck! I know what you mean about the initial breakout, I'm so worried about it! eusa_shifty.gif
Accutane started 3/22/2008
(60 mg)

My Accutane 2008 gallery: http://www.acne.org/...p...i&img=28281

*UPDATE*
2 years since Accutane started and broken out again :( My regimen now:
Clinique 3-step skincare system in type 2 (Dry), Retin-A micro as a spot treatment for trouble areas at night

#6 piniu

piniu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (TwiliMidna6 @ Mar 24 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just started accutane but I know that I will be using Clinique supermoisture makeup. Right now I use clinique superbalance. Its a bit pricier than drugstore brands but cliniques products are amazing and wont irritate your skin at all. Good luck! I know what you mean about the initial breakout, I'm so worried about it! eusa_shifty.gif

I recommend origins stay tuned, very light. I feel as if I was not wearing it! It does not break me out either. 1 botther for 19.5, good price +you can choose the shade on the counter unlike drugstore ones!

#7 arty-party-love

arty-party-love

arty-party-love

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

opps so sorry for not replying and thanking you all for your help in this topic- i kinda forgot about it lol- well i am 6 weeks into a 3 month treatment so im halfway there which really exciting and i cant wait till the end- at the moment i am using revlon colourstay [the one for normal to greasy skins] and then rarely maybelline mousse on top and then bronzer and it seems ok- and hasnt broken me out or aggravated my skin yet- maybe at the start of month 2 i will start looking into the powders as by then i will hopefully just have marks and so this will work- also on any open spots i use superdrug conceler with added tea tree oil so it can heal and hide[ that sounded like a cheesy advert aha]

but once again thank you all for your help and im sure that i will revisit this thread as my skin continues to change!!! eusa_dance.gif
xx
Arty-Party-Love

#8 natashaaaa

natashaaaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

absolue cream makeup by lancome! its awesome. ive never had a good expierence with makeup. This makeup is super-moisturizing. It covers soo well and smooths out your skin tone. Its pretty expensive but then again, you get alot of product. You should defiently get this or atleast sample it. you can buy it at sephora or a lancome counter.

#9 amu.

amu.

hello(:

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

i use mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel.
it is absolutely aaaamazing.(:
www.mariobadescu.com
for your makeup;
go with sally hansen.
since during accutane you need a lot of moisture for your skin, you should probably use the your skin natural makeup inspired by carmindy liquid foundation.
it's a full coverage foundation, and veryyy hydrating.
yeahh, good luck!
regimen!

mornings;
mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel
mario badescu special cleansing lotion c
acne.org treatment
mario badescu control moisturizer for oily skin
mario badescu collagen moisturizer (SPF-15) -*for suncare, not a moisturizer
mario badescu special healing powder

evenings;
mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel
mario badescu special cleansing lotion c
acne.org treatment
acne.org AHA+ OR mario badescu control moisturizer for oily skin
nondiluted 100% tea tree oil applied to spots
doxycycline 100mg

#10 tilz

tilz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

I use Clinique Even Better foundation, it has an SPF of 15, and moisturises my skin. I usually use the Clinique loose powder over the top. I've been on Accutane for about 2 1/2 months now, and my skins looking heaps better, and the foundation has had no effect on the healing process. The loose powder hasn't dried my skin out either, just gets rid of any shiny spots.

Hope this has helped!

Edited by tilz, 10 February 2010 - 04:06 PM.