Photo

be careful w/ home dermaroller!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 bug

bug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

PIX ARE BELOW, BUT PLEASE READ THIS TOO!

i've been using the .75mm daily roller from the aussie company. well, the last time i used it was over 3 weeks ago. i can STILL see red lines all over my face, neck, and especially my forehead. my forehead is the worst; i can actually feel the lines if i rub my finger up and down along my forehead. i really frickin hope it's not scarred, but there's nothing i can do about it now. so i'll just have to wait and see. i'm sick to my stomach right now just thinking about it...
i used the roller on bony parts of my face (my forehead and along the jawline), so maybe i bent the needlez. my point is, be CAREFUL and don't listen when they say you can use it for a year. i'm not bad mouthing the company; i'm just saying that if you use the roller, pay close attention to your skin and look for those lines. and, i'd say plan on buying it more often than once a year (but i do full face; you're lucky if you only need to spot treat).
so, i went gung ho on my face, carelessly (and naively) just rolling away. i just noticed these linez since last week, and every day they seem just as bad, if not worse. it's especially bad after i hop outta the shower. so what i did, was i did a couple test spots on my arms. i GENTLY GENTLY ROLLED along my arm, didn't even put any pressure on the roller, and sure enough, there's lines there, even a week after. i've included some pics of the test runs on my arms as well. now, on the arm pics, sorry i'll admit they're not great. but the point is, you can see lines, and it looks worse in real life. each red line represents one row of needlez. and remember, i didn't apply any pressure whatsoever (so the needlez probably didn't even go in all the way). just imagine how bad my face looks (since i jam that sucker down onto my skin). i've included a pic of my forehead too. there's no question about that one. and remember, it's been at LEAST 3 weeks since i've used the roller. and i just took those pictures today...

sorry the pictures are really bad quality. but remember, the point is, you can see linez. and trust me, it looks a lot worse in person. for the forehead, look to the sides (left and right) of my forehead; there's where the redness is most obvious. actually, if you look real close at my forehead, you can tell (even in those crappy pictures) that the lines stick out above skin level.
i feel like i'm in a cloudy nightmare right now. is this really happening? man this blows

IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1278.JPG IMG_1282.JPG
my eyebrows are NOT that bushy! i caught a bad angle dammit! i look like a monster there

#2 January31

January31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

To me, it looks like you are stimulating an eventual increase in collagen growth in your forehead. You have to injure your skin a bit in order to do that. I think it will be okay, just don't be so aggressive the next time!

Are you using any topicals?

Thanks, Jan31

#3 CitizenPanda

CitizenPanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

Looks normal to me. Try running your nails down your skin (arms or something), really hard. You get a puffy line right? It's not permanent nor will it scar.

#4 bug

bug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

i hope you 2 are right. the only thing that bothers me is that it's 3 weeks old.
let's see. i use terproline in the mornings, and at night, after i roll, i use vitamin c, then wait an hour, then apply terproline again. once a week i use retina micro at night.
all that redness on my forehead, are the linez. i don't have one single pimple on it (even though it looks like tons of zits and blotchiness on my forehead).
well, in any case, thanks for easing my mind!

#5 fraxelwaxel

fraxelwaxel

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:24 PM

use cetaphil cream moisturizer morning and night. not the lotion, its too thin. it will make ur skin heal ten times faster. comes in a jar from walmart.

#6 katiekat

katiekat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:43 AM

Anybody else have problems like this? I just ordered my a few days ago from the same co.

#7 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

I think you will be fine in the end aswell, could take a few more weeks though. People are kind of careless with these rollers (not blaiming it all on you). But we need to be very carefull in preparing the skin before doing the rolling e.g. use iodine swaps leave the iodine on for a while and then use alcohol swabs after that.
you can't just run them under the tap like the company suggests, that's asking for trouble imo. I let mine sit in isopropyl alchohol for a few mins before and after every treatment AND run it under very hot water to remove any bits of body tissue.

I'm also not going to use my 1.5mm roller more than a few times, why risk it?

#8 bama2000

bama2000

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

I had the aussie .75 and did not really like it. The needles are quite thick which can cause collateral damage. I also inspected it under a magnifying glass and found a lot of needles with poorly formed points.

On the other hand, I have used the quality 1.5mm ones. First off the needles are a lot smaller in diameter. I inspected them before and after use with a magnifier and found the heads were in good shape still. As long as the needles look good you should be OK, assuming you sterilized it will.

#9 Moon Face

Moon Face

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:17 AM

Hey if your dermaroller can leave my forehead as smooth as yours I would be quite happy !

You skin looks good eusa_dance.gif

#10 LEE 77

LEE 77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (katiekat @ Mar 2 2008, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody else have problems like this? I just ordered my a few days ago from the same co.

Yes. I am 29, live in sydney, have had needling done there, places on my face ARE scarred now. in certain light, it is worse than b4.

Just be careful with the skin care clinic!

If you do go there, only have an appointment with phillipa,

The rest of the girls don't really know what they are doing

#11 pakifairy

pakifairy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

where can we get a good quality one (i want 1.0mm)

#12 LEE 77

LEE 77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (pakifairy @ May 5 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where can we get a good quality one (i want 1.0mm)

I have never done the home rollar before, but the place where bama 2000 purchased it from was @ the place where i got mine done.
so I'm pretty sure they would use the same type for home or in the clinic!

I had red light theropy after my 4th needling session, don't think it did anything!

Not sure where i wouold go to get one, i know alot of people get them off the internet. Maybe type in roller to Google!

from Lee 77

#13 TheHumanEquation

TheHumanEquation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:49 AM

I have that thing too, it might be from the same company. It was around eighty bucks for me surprised.gif
I used it ages ago but it didn't seem to do much.
One time when I was using it, I must have pressed too hard because it scabbed the next day
But usually the lines faded pretty fast for me, I wouldn't worry about it.

#14 pennypal

pennypal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

3 weeks is not enough, give it a month or more before passing judgement. I've had scars that look completely gone,but 4 weeks later are back in full bloom. it takes to time to get rid of redness and microswelling. Also lay off any harsh topicals if you want redness to go away.

#15 bug

bug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

you're supposed to use it daily. i got one from a different company and the needlez are even longer. and no linez. overnight is sufficient. 3 weeks is bullcrap.
anyway, problem solved. went w/ a different company

#16 LEE 77

LEE 77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (TheHumanEquation @ May 6 2008, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have that thing too, it might be from the same company. It was around eighty bucks for me surprised.gif
One time when I was using it, I must have pressed too hard because it scabbed the next day

Hey there, just wondering how you got your picture up on the screen, visible with out going into the profile...

New on the site......

eusa_doh.gif

#17 TheHumanEquation

TheHumanEquation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (LEE 77 @ May 7 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheHumanEquation @ May 6 2008, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey there, just wondering how you got your picture up on the screen, visible with out going into the profile...

New on the site......

eusa_doh.gif

Click on "My Controls" next to "View New Posts"
And somewhere down the side there's an option to change your avatar picture.

#18 tj101

tj101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

I've never had any marks left by using the derma roller.

So far I've only used the 1.5mm. I've done three treatments on one side of my face and two on the other.

I haven't been able to treat as good as would like 'cause stupid me ate too much dairy lately, this causes big ugly zits and you can't treat on areas with active acne.

I think the marks reported by some people are caused by using a roller with dull needles, or thicker needles. But who knows.

For the person that said wanted to buy a 1mm roller, it not difficult to find. Just search on ebay or do a quick search on google, I'm sure you'll find some. http://www.google.co...amp;btnG=Search

#19 wingrie

wingrie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:11 PM

this scary, if you are still on pleasse let me know the outcome

#20 adella

adella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:05 AM

Personally I will never ever ever ever deal again with the Aussie company you guys speak of.... No good ever came of it. And I have some VERY good reasons to feel this way, she....******* ** *** **** **** ** *** ***** !!***** ** ***** *** ******* ******** ***** ???******** ** * ****** !****************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************
**************************************************************************. Oh and look out for the lurkers and spammers *** *******!!

*someone GAG me *censored myself smile.gif

I use a tiny .2mm roller they make, it was okay- but it DID leave lines like yours- bug- my skin seemed to get used to it, and now I dont get any lines. It is about to be replaced anyway. eusa_whistle.gif