Photo

3mm dermaroller

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 seductiveartistica

seductiveartistica

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

Okay, I ordered the 2.5 CTS dermaroller and the seller doesn't have it in stock so they offered to swap for the 3mm dermaroller. I said that would be fine. Now I'm worried that it may be a bad idea. Has anyone tried the 3mm at home? I read you might have to be knocked up for it. I'm only treating a small area, not my whole face. I have two old bad scar and I'm desperate to get rid of them (no I'm not going to post pics). Plus, I think the dermaroller they're offering me is way more expensive than the one I was getting. I know that penetrating any further than 3mm is dangerous because you will get collagen in the form of scar tissue. Therefore, I'm not worried about scarring. I'm going to use numbing cream. Anyone know where this can be purchased besides online, like CVS?

#2 bama2000

bama2000

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

I got LMX (lidocaine I think) from the drugstore since it is OTC. I have the 2.0 and 2.5mm I am going to try. 3 seems pretty long...I think they are mostly made for burns, stretch marks, etc. But....I am curious since I have thick skin and think the 1.5 is just too small.

#3 katiekat

katiekat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

Hi someday, I've been doing research on the skin roller. I would like to purchase one, but I wonder after reading this site if it does matter what type you purchase because of the spacing of the needles and the design of them. what has your results been with the ones that you have bought so far? Do you use vit c, cooper peptide, or retina? Where are you buying yours from? Thanks

http://vitaflux.com/Anastassakis.htm

#4 seductiveartistica

seductiveartistica

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (bama2000 @ Feb 27 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got LMX (lidocaine I think) from the drugstore since it is OTC. I have the 2.0 and 2.5mm I am going to try. 3 seems pretty long...I think they are mostly made for burns, stretch marks, etc. But....I am curious since I have thick skin and think the 1.5 is just too small.

I guess I could use the 3mm and not apply that much pressure, that way the needle wouldn't go all the way in. You're right they're mostly advertised for burns and stretch marks.

#5 seductiveartistica

seductiveartistica

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (katiekat @ Feb 27 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi someday, I've been doing research on the skin roller. I would like to purchase one, but I wonder after reading this site if it does matter what type you purchase because of the spacing of the needles and the design of them. what has your results been with the ones that you have bought so far? Do you use vit c, cooper peptide, or retina? Where are you buying yours from? Thanks

http://vitaflux.com-...sakis-microsoft internet explorer

With my .75mm I've used vitamin c and retinoids. I bought mine from MTS dermaroller vendor on ebay and the other one I bought from Clearskincare. The spacing def does matter.

#6 katiekat

katiekat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

I fixed the link. tell me your thoughts.

#7 smoothe

smoothe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Someday @ Feb 27 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I ordered the 2.5 CTS dermaroller and the seller doesn't have it in stock so they offered to swap for the 3mm dermaroller. I said that would be fine. Now I'm worried that it may be a bad idea. Has anyone tried the 3mm at home? I read you might have to be knocked up for it. I'm only treating a small area, not my whole face. I have two old bad scar and I'm desperate to get rid of them (no I'm not going to post pics). Plus, I think the dermaroller they're offering me is way more expensive than the one I was getting. I know that penetrating any further than 3mm is dangerous because you will get collagen in the form of scar tissue. Therefore, I'm not worried about scarring. I'm going to use numbing cream. Anyone know where this can be purchased besides online, like CVS?

Sorry - couldn't let this one pass - I hope you meant KNOCKED OUT not "knocked up" - LOL. I don't think being pregnant would help dull the pain.

#8 tj101

tj101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

Someday, do you stretch your skin when using the dermaroller?

If not, you should try that. I was told that's the proper way to use it.

...so 3mm, let us know how that works.

I've never used a dermaroller before so I've ordered three with different needle length, 0.5mm, 1mm and 1.5mm.
Hopefully, I won't need anything higher than 1.5mm.

#9 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:11 AM

You guy's i personally wouldnt risk anything more than 2 mm. If you are desperate to try a 3mm roller then you need to consider the area the scars are. If they are on your cheeks you may be just fine, but if they are on your temples or forehead you are making a big mistake, simple as that....

I really think these 3mm rollers are for use on the torso, as i said i wouldn't go near anything longer than 2mm on the face.

Applying less pressure isn't really an option, people don't realise you have to apply the right amount of pressure to penetrate the outer layer of the skin properly, once you have done this it is very hard to control the depth and the needle will likely go the full way in...

If you are just treating one or two scars you should buy some diabetic 33g needles (not lancets) you can also buy stoppers which restrict the depth the needles go to so if you buy 5mm 33g diabetic needles and use 2 1mm stoppers you have the perfect instrament to attack your deeper scars.

#10 seductiveartistica

seductiveartistica

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

I emailed the seller and she/he said they'll give me the 2mm instead. This way I can use it all over and not worry about further damage. I'll prob be able to use it more often too.

#11 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ Feb 28 2008, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guy's i personally wouldnt risk anything more than 2 mm. If you are desperate to try a 3mm roller then you need to consider the area the scars are. If they are on your cheeks you may be just fine, but if they are on your temples or forehead you are making a big mistake, simple as that....

I really think these 3mm rollers are for use on the torso, as i said i wouldn't go near anything longer than 2mm on the face.

Applying less pressure isn't really an option, people don't realise you have to apply the right amount of pressure to penetrate the outer layer of the skin properly, once you have done this it is very hard to control the depth and the needle will likely go the full way in...

If you are just treating one or two scars you should buy some diabetic 33g needles (not lancets) you can also buy stoppers which restrict the depth the needles go to so if you buy 5mm 33g diabetic needles and use 2 1mm stoppers you have the perfect instrament to attack your deeper scars.

I was following your post, because i was going to order dermarollers as well. probably 2mm for rolling scars, i only have two scars on the cheeks. When you mentionned diabetic needles, does that mean you think we should just self needle, instead of buying a drermaroller?

#12 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (traveller @ Mar 8 2008, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was following your post, because i was going to order dermarollers as well. probably 2mm for rolling scars, i only have two scars on the cheeks. When you mentionned diabetic needles, does that mean you think we should just self needle, instead of buying a drermaroller?

If you have two scars that are bothersome, but your happy with the majority of your skin, then i don't see why you would use a dermaroller. Just needle the two indiviual scars!!

#13 bug

bug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

3mm dermaroller? that shit would HURT, SON!

#14 seductiveartistica

seductiveartistica

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

I have found conflicting answers as to how often you can needle/dermaroll. How often can I use a 2mm dermaroller? I just needled a scar with a lancet do I have to wait another 6-12 weeks before I repeat it because the lancet is around 2.5mm long? Anyone know? I hope I don't have to wait 12 weeks. eusa_eh.gif

#15 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (traveller @ Mar 8 2008, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could you give me a brief explanation on how to do this, if you dont mind, And how to do this self needling to get the same results as dermarolling.?

thanks,

#16 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

Ok to break it down quickly this is what i have in my magic box for needling/dermaroller....

I have EMLA cream, Provodine iodine swabs, alcohol swabs, 5 (nearer to 4mm) diabetic insulin needles. You also need an oclusive dressing, i used cling film (same as they use at the hammersmith even when your paying privately tongue.gif) That is about all you will need for the needling.

Begin by washing the skin with whatever you want really. dry your skin then appl the EMLA in generous quantities don't rub it in just dab it on as thick as you can. You then put the cling film over the areas you have applied the EMLA and leave it for about an hour or so....

I personally (when just needling) then wipe the emla off with a damp cloth and then clean the area with an iodine swap, followed by an alcohol swab (don't want to tatoo myself with the iodine lol).

You can then begin the needling i personally don't go at the scars to hard but some people do, i get plenty of blood tho and have to keep wiping with the alcohol swabs, i start at the bottom of a scar working my way up, just insert the needle as many times as you can whilst feeling comfortable.

One thing i have noticed is that is it getting very hard for me to do this now as mine are becoming hard to see in nearly all lighting, can't complain though tongue.gif.

#17 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ Mar 13 2008, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok to break it down quickly this is what i have in my magic box for needling/dermaroller....

I have EMLA cream, Provodine iodine swabs, alcohol swabs, 5 (nearer to 4mm) diabetic insulin needles. You also need an oclusive dressing, i used cling film (same as they use at the hammersmith even when your paying privately tongue.gif) That is about all you will need for the needling.

Begin by washing the skin with whatever you want really. dry your skin then appl the EMLA in generous quantities don't rub it in just dab it on as thick as you can. You then put the cling film over the areas you have applied the EMLA and leave it for about an hour or so....

I personally (when just needling) then wipe the emla off with a damp cloth and then clean the area with an iodine swap, followed by an alcohol swab (don't want to tatoo myself with the iodine lol).

You can then begin the needling i personally don't go at the scars to hard but some people do, i get plenty of blood tho and have to keep wiping with the alcohol swabs, i start at the bottom of a scar working my way up, just insert the needle as many times as you can whilst feeling comfortable.

One thing i have noticed is that is it getting very hard for me to do this now as mine are becoming hard to see in nearly all lighting, can't complain though tongue.gif.

Im glad youre seeing results.

Thanks for the reply, , but just to make sure. You said to just poke it from bottom to top, do you ever put your needle in an angle? or you are basically just piercing the skin with tiny pricks upwards and downwards.. And do you think it would be beneficial to rotate the needle in a circular motion once penetrated in the skin. i read it in previous post.

#18 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, i push that thing in and twist it about at an angle under the scar as if i was doing subcision lol....

#19 KuroDesu

KuroDesu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

3mm dermaroller is pretty extreme. It would be severely painful, there is no way you could do it yourself. A 2.5mm dermaroller would be extremely painful. I believe anyone who says they are using a 2.5mm dermaroller or above at home is not rolling properly.

3mm dermaroller is used for the abdomen areas and such. And if you are going to attempt to use it on your face, do not, whatsoever, use it on your temple and forehead!!! You are going to hit subcutaneous tissue and it's going to form hard scar tissue.

#20 bama2000

bama2000

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:50 PM

Hmm...I have done the 1.5mm and 2.0mm at home. I just put on lidocaine for an hour and then do the rolling. It is rather painful, but I can get through it (mind over matter).

I have a 2.5mm that I may try, depending on the outcome of the 2.0. But very good point on using the longer needles. Its really not meant for the face so be very careful. I think the cheeks may be OK if you have thick skin (but still 3.0 is very long). I will only consider the 2.5mm on the cheeks...possibly.

One note, the roller will not actually penetrate down to 3.0mm if you have a 3.0mm needle. I tried to see how far it was penetrating and it just cant go that far unless you have something to press against (in the case of the forehead and temples you would though). But for the cheeks, the skin just kind of sinks in and doesnt allow for full penetration. Anyway...yeah, be careful...especially on any area that is thinner skinned or that lies against bone.