Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aloe Vera=Non comedogenic?

9 posts in this topic

If you get 100% Aloe Vera, it will not clog pores. I use Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe gel. You'll want to avoid anything colored (green, blue), or anything else used for sunburns (aloe lotion) because those can clog pores. Get 100% pure- it should be a clear gel.

i bought guaranteed 100% all natural aloe vera gel...but its green, on the back they added just a color to it...

is it still good?

i bought guaranteed 100% all natural aloe vera gel...but its green, on the back they added just a color to it...

is it still good?

is it still good?

Even if it's just dye, I would say no. I wouldn't put that on my face no matter how harmless anyone might say it is. Better to get the Fruit of the Earth clear %100 gel.

Man that Fruit of the Earth pisses me off. Their label is a misnomer. It is not 100% Aloe - it's 100% gel. Read the ingredients panel on the back.

True aloe has a slight yellowy/greenish color. I buy mine from: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/aloe-vera-gel.php

Fresh aloe straight from the plant = The best solution

Fruit of the Earth brand aloe = Pretty good but not like fresh aloe

Other brands of aloe vera that contain other junk like alcohol = Not a good idea.

I find that when my skin is irritated, using FOTE aloe makes my face burn. However, I find fresh aloe straight from the plant doesn't do this, so just a heads up, FOTE is overrated...

A pH of 4 is interesting. I just assumed it would closer to neutral.