Photo

i pop my pimples too much...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 leepinglizards

leepinglizards

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:10 AM

Last night I went on a popping fest. The thing is I never use nails and I always try to use tissue and keep bactine close by and antibiotic cream. They say not to pop until blood comes out, but I don't understand this because I pop until all the white stuff comes out in the pimple because then the pimple will still be there, but when all of it comes out, the next thing to follow is usually blood and I stop when the blood shows up. Am I doing it wrong? When blood comes out I usually leave it alone because all the white stuff is gone. Then I apply bactine on it, then antibiotic cream. In like four days, the area has dried up, and eventually peels off and I'm left with a little bit of hyperpigmentation like I would be with a regular pimple. My question is, that if you don't use your nails and don't pop something that doesn't pop easily, will my skin scar? So far I don't seem to have any scars but I did notice a mark that has been there for a while and wondered if this was due to a pimple I had once. Overall I think it's best not to pop but it's hard to stop when you rface breaks out like crazy.

#2 leepinglizards

leepinglizards

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

ALSO, I don't use a needle to pop the tip like it says in the "proper way to pop a pimple". I just look for the painful part of the pimple, find what seems to be the center of it, wait till the tip pushes its way out with pressure until it pops. Then when it pops I rinse the area with water so the bacteria won't spread and then I get some bactine and antibiotic cream.

#3 Tst3r

Tst3r

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

sounds like ur popping them properly, i wait until i can see a big enough bump and a white spot in the middle and when it starts bleeding is when u should stop. some though u should just not even fuck with. u might leave some shit in there and it comes back even worse. i have a couple of small scars from popping pimples prematurely *which i regret*. When i go get my facials followed by microdermabrasion, my facial lady pops them for me before she performs the microdermabrasion. she uses a 33 gauge lancet needle. popping makes the pimple heal faster and sometimes if u leave some pimples unpopped it can break the capillary walls in ur skin and become a scar. just be careful and dont pop pimples that are too dry.

#4 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

That sounds like a redmark to me not a scar. That is perfectly normal after a pimple is gone; its part of the healing process. Dont worry, those do fade with time. I have a lot of redmarks and a lot of them have faded in a duration of one to one and a half years. Now in regards to popping your pimples, Im sorry but I do not have any advice on that because I do not know the proper way to pop pimples either lol.gif
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#5 leepinglizards

leepinglizards

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Tst3r @ Feb 24 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like ur popping them properly, i wait until i can see a big enough bump and a white spot in the middle and when it starts bleeding is when u should stop. some though u should just not even fuck with. u might leave some shit in there and it comes back even worse. i have a couple of small scars from popping pimples prematurely *which i regret*. When i go get my facials followed by microdermabrasion, my facial lady pops them for me before she performs the microdermabrasion. she uses a 33 gauge lancet needle. popping makes the pimple heal faster and sometimes if u leave some pimples unpopped it can break the capillary walls in ur skin and become a scar. just be careful and dont pop pimples that are too dry.

Thank you, that makes me feel better. I usually pop something when it hurts becuase in my history of popping, when the area hurts, it is going to come out real quick. I don't use my fingers to pop, I use my upper knuckles. Eek you may say. But if I use my fingers I feel I don't get a good area and I pinch too hard, but when I use my finger knuckles I can grasp more skin and the pus underneath in its' entirety. I have been known in the past and I think I did last night pop one I shouldn't have. One that the pus wouldn't come out but that I could see the tip of the pus there and pushed and pushed and didn't get shit and then in the end ended up regretting it cuz it got so damn red and for what. I always aim to get rid of everything inside so it doesn't "regenerate". Also, I'm using retin a and my skin is a lot thinner! So the area around the pimple ends up tearing off a bit from the sliding of the fingertips or knuckles on the skin since it's so delicate! This is a concern but what seems to happen along with the popped pimple is that it dries up really fast, a thin scabby area forms and comes off within three days revealing new skin. I apply antibiotic always because the skin is raw after I pop it and I'm worried it will scar. It always scabs in the later days and reveals new skin. I should really stop this shit. I just wish I would stop getting these painful paspules, they really bother me.

#6 acne_battle

acne_battle

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

comfort.gif I know what its like to have the urge to pop your pimples. I pop almost every pimple I get. I think leaving puss on the face is absolutely disgusting and they dont just go away on their own! Is that your thinking too?

AM regimen
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#7 leepinglizards

leepinglizards

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (acne_battle @ Feb 24 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
comfort.gif I know what its like to have the urge to pop your pimples. I pop almost every pimple I get. I think leaving puss on the face is absolutely disgusting and they dont just go away on their own! Is that your thinking too?

Uh yeah its gorss, the ones with the white heads. Those are definintely goners. I wonder when the little ones go away. I don't pop those too often because they are too small and have no tips. What are those called? I'm using retin-a micro now and doryx. Been on it a little over two weeks and see no results. But the retin-a I like. It seems to heal the popped pimples quickly. I'm going on Ortho Tricyclen next weekend. I think my acne issue may be hormonal so perhaps it will help me some. I hope so. I think I pop for psychological reasons. Like when I have to do something that I don't want to do like clean the dishes, I'll go to the mirror to procrastinate subconsciously and when I snap out of the popping trance, I remember what I was suppose to be doing and end up depressed over my red face! Does this happen to you? To Anyone?

#8 acne_battle

acne_battle

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (leepinglizards @ Feb 24 2008, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (acne_battle @ Feb 24 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh yeah its gorss, the ones with the white heads. Those are definintely goners. I wonder when the little ones go away. I don't pop those too often because they are too small and have no tips. What are those called? I'm using retin-a micro now and doryx. Been on it a little over two weeks and see no results. But the retin-a I like. It seems to heal the popped pimples quickly. I'm going on Ortho Tricyclen next weekend. I think my acne issue may be hormonal so perhaps it will help me some. I hope so. I think I pop for psychological reasons. Like when I have to do something that I don't want to do like clean the dishes, I'll go to the mirror to procrastinate subconsciously and when I snap out of the popping trance, I remember what I was suppose to be doing and end up depressed over my red face! Does this happen to you? To Anyone?

Those are probably papules. They are red, inflamed and have no head, right? I get a lot of those along with those gross yellowheads. Oh tell me if you like the Ortho Tricyclen once youve been on it for awhile.

That doesnt really happen to me. I think I have OCD though pretty badly, but its only with certain things. I am not a clean freak. In fact, Im quite the opposite very disorganized. I do obsess over my skin though and look at myself in the mirror a lot, I also bite my nails, wash my hands a certain amount of times, am picky if there is a thread coming out of my shoe or if there is something else I dont like about my shoes getting messed up, etc.

AM regimen
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Pop a doxycycline

#9 lovelyone_nat

lovelyone_nat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

the only thing that is helping me not to pick is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy