cyst nodules cortisone

6 replies to this topic

#1 Syi

Syi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:32 AM

I only have mild acne but ive had this deep nodule or cyst for about 3-4 months and it just gets bigger and smaller sometimes is painful other times its not but even if its not i can always feel the bump there. Its not that big maybe about .5 cm but its really annoying and i want to get rid of it forever. Could i go to a doctor and ask him to extract it somehow or get cortisone injection or something, or is there any other way to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance

#2 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:52 AM

For one that has been present for 3-4 months, your best bet is to go to the dermatologist and have the lesion extracted. A cortisone injection would help it shrink, but I myself would prefer to have the offensive lesion removed.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#3 Syi

Syi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:05 AM

hey thanks for the reply, just wondering i know you wouldn't know exactly but how long would it approximately take for the lesion to heal once its been extracted?

#4 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Syi @ Feb 20 2008, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey thanks for the reply, just wondering i know you wouldn't know exactly but how long would it approximately take for the lesion to heal once its been extracted?

I don't know the exact time-frame, but one of the posters here had one recalcitrant spot extracted. I seem to remember that it was something like two weeks for complete healing although there was some numbness lingering. The excision was on the jawline, where surgeries frequently do cause lingering numbness that sometimes take a year or more to resolve. (my wisdom teeth extractions caused numbness of sensation for a year on the jaw).

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#5 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

I had the same situation - generally very mild acne, never got cysts or nodules. Did get one small pea sized nodule on my jawline that my esthetician couldn't extract because it was too deep under the skin.

When I finally went to a cosmetic derm to have it extracted, it had been on my jawline for about 4 months. He applied a local anesthetic, extracted the core and applied some cortisone. It shrunk considerably right away, but it still took a couple months for the residual bump to fade and the slight indentation from the cortisone injection to go away. Its gone now, and it didn't scar. I think its been about 6 or 7 months since I had it extracted. Very happy with the procedure. I would recommend going to a derm that has experience with cosmetic surgery - I think the are much more cognizant about scarring issues.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#6 lonelyman

lonelyman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:none

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (willow569 @ Feb 20 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had the same situation - generally very mild acne, never got cysts or nodules. Did get one small pea sized nodule on my jawline that my esthetician couldn't extract because it was too deep under the skin.

When I finally went to a cosmetic derm to have it extracted, it had been on my jawline for about 4 months. He applied a local anesthetic, extracted the core and applied some cortisone. It shrunk considerably right away, but it still took a couple months for the residual bump to fade and the slight indentation from the cortisone injection to go away. Its gone now, and it didn't scar. I think its been about 6 or 7 months since I had it extracted. Very happy with the procedure. I would recommend going to a derm that has experience with cosmetic surgery - I think the are much more cognizant about scarring issues.

hi
Hi willow 569, can i ask the ff:
1. you mention that your derm extracted acne, so did it scar the first time?
2. Was it indented?
3. if indented how many months does it heal?

#7 richmond

richmond

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

so the only way to get rid of a persistant bump is surgery?
1995 - 2002: Acne all over face

Jun 2003 - April 2007: Cleared face - water only. [Melbourne]

April 2007 - Now: New City [Sydney]. Itchy skin - red marks. Developed Cysts mainly on the right hand side of the face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users