Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BdotMan

LEMON JUICE & BAKING SODA?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to start this regimen...

* Wake up, rinse face with warm water, put baking soda on my blackheads on my nose for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water

* 12 hours later, after work, rinse face with warm water, put lemon juice from a lemon where my spots are for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water

Will this work??

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, I want to start this regimen...

* Wake up, rinse face with warm water, put baking soda on my blackheads on my nose for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water

* 12 hours later, after work, rinse face with warm water, put lemon juice from a lemon where my spots are for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water

Will this work??

PLEASE HELP!!

I don't know that it's necessary to leave the baking soda on, just gently massage it in for a minute or two and then rinse it off. Make sure to use fresh lemon juice...i've never tried this actual regimen so i'm not sure if it will work, i have tried baking soda though and i think it is a good exfoliator. I know that lemon juice is supposed to be good for fading red marks...good luck!

Iread somewhere if your using the Baking soda that you have to use ACV Toner to balance your skin's PH afterwards

Present Regimen:

Morning:

-Carley's Soap/Just Water

-Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

-Everyday Minerals

Nighttime:

-Carley's Soap

-Carley's Treatment Scrub

-Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

Bacne Treatment:St.Ives Apircot Scrub/Apircot Body Wash

Also substituting the FOTE Gel for the Forver Living Aloe First Spray sometimes.

Why baking soda? It's not been shown to do anything at all for blackheads. It makes an okay scrub, but its only other purpose on skin would be to raise the pH. Raising the pH irritates skin and encourages bacterial growth. And lemon juice as an exfoliant has not been studied nearly as much as glycolic acid, lactic acid, or salicylic acid. Being a weak AHA, it certainly can't penetrate the pores like salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid), so it's not going to do too much for blackheads. Putting baking soda on the skin followed by an acid like vinegar or lemon juice is just going to cause an acid-base reaction, possibly with interesting foaming and tingling. There's nothing about this that is good for acne or for skin in general.