Photo

Rooibos Tea

cyst rooibos red tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
201 replies to this topic

#41 bunnylips

bunnylips

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Addie @ Mar 18 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried plain rooibos, and it tasted like pickles. Um, should that be the case?

Hi Addie!
Wow...I haven't tried just plain Rooibos tea. I'm not sure I'd dig drinking pickle juice. I don't care how much it helped my acne I couldn't drink it. eusa_sick.gif
I tried a blend of rooibos tea at a gourmet tea shop (WAY too expensive) and the get gorgeous. Both of them tasted very good. I don't add sugar to the GG because I think it has a hint of sweetness from the orange peel. Well, I don't like the taste of Chamomille tea at all but my friends love it!!! Anyway, to answer your question, the rooibos teas that I have tried don't taste like pickles...at least not to me.

#42 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

that tea is crazy expensive. especially if I am gonna drink 5 cups of it.sad.gif( How long does it last?

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something...

#43 sallytomato

sallytomato

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

If you want loads of antioxidants, why not take green tea extract capsules instead?

#44 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (sallytomato @ Mar 18 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you want loads of antioxidants, why not take green tea extract capsules instead?

I don't think ti will help. Some ppl were taking it here. I am drinking sooo much green tea and it doesn't do much.

She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something...

#45 bunnylips

bunnylips

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Cogito- ergo-sum. @ Mar 18 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that tea is crazy expensive. especially if I am gonna drink 5 cups of it.sad.gif( How long does it last?

It is more expensive than green tea sad.gif I bought it bulk online (250 tea bags for $40) and it lasts a little over a month. However, I'm not buying all the other "stuff" every month that I used to buy to try and prevent/treat my acne though. That was at least $20/month...in the summer it was WAY more. So i guess it's like 16 cents a tea bag times 6 a day...96 cents a day. Way less than a starbucks coffee. I hope i did my math correctly...never was good at that. eusa_doh.gif anyway, i would pay anything to have clear skin, even if i have to cut into my grocery budget.

#46 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (bunnylips @ Mar 19 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is more expensive than green tea sad.gif I bought it bulk online (250 tea bags for $40) and it lasts a little over a month. However, I'm not buying all the other "stuff" every month that I used to buy to try and prevent/treat my acne though. That was at least $20/month...in the summer it was WAY more. So i guess it's like 16 cents a tea bag times 6 a day...96 cents a day. Way less than a starbucks coffee. I hope i did my math correctly...never was good at that. eusa_doh.gif anyway, i would pay anything to have clear skin, even if i have to cut into my grocery budget.

this month I wasted around 150. with no results, my skin is worth than ever. if I knew it's gonna help for sure, I would buy that tea right away.((( how long did it take for you to see results?

#47 bunnylips

bunnylips

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Cogito- ergo-sum. @ Mar 20 2008, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this month I wasted around 150. with no results, my skin is worth than ever. if I knew it's gonna help for sure, I would buy that tea right away.((( how long did it take for you to see results?

Holy cow! That's alot of money! I know, I've been there too...I wasted so much money over the years on bogus, expensive products that didn't work for me. cry.gif
When I started drinking the tea, I noticed the 2nd day. Inflammation of my already erupted cysts went down and I didn't have any new ones start growing. It was 28 days after i started drinking this stuff before I had another cyst! That's a long break for me considering I was getting breakouts every 2-3 days.

#48 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (bunnylips @ Mar 20 2008, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy cow! That's alot of money! I know, I've been there too...I wasted so much money over the years on bogus, expensive products that didn't work for me. cry.gif
When I started drinking the tea, I noticed the 2nd day. Inflammation of my already erupted cysts went down and I didn't have any new ones start growing. It was 28 days after i started drinking this stuff before I had another cyst! That's a long break for me considering I was getting breakouts every 2-3 days.

do u drink a cup with one tea bag? so it's 4-5 tea bags a day right? I got rooibos tea and drink one huuuuuuuge cup with one tead bag. and it's just 2-3 tea bags a day.I thought maybe I should drink it with 2 in one.

#49 bunnylips

bunnylips

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Cogito- ergo-sum. @ Mar 22 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bunnylips @ Mar 20 2008, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do u drink a cup with one tea bag? so it's 4-5 tea bags a day right? I got rooibos tea and drink one huuuuuuuge cup with one tead bag. and it's just 2-3 tea bags a day.I thought maybe I should drink it with 2 in one.

I use 1 tea bag per cup of water. If i use a to-go thermos i put 2 bags in it because 1 tea bag is too weak for me...i think the thermos holds a little over 2 cups. I guess it's a matter of preference... wink.gif

#50 BarryAllen

BarryAllen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Addie @ Mar 18 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried plain rooibos, and it tasted like pickles. Um, should that be the case?

NO WAY, .......... I had pickles.....they tasted just like roobios............ WTF?

eusa_hand.gif Ok seriously, I think what you tasted was off, my roobios has never tasted like that but it's blended with other herbs so my suggestion is buy the blend with Republic of Tea or Lipton or one of the other's listed on this thread........unless you like the taste of pickles..... eusa_doh.gif

#51 AlexGF

AlexGF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

so.. are you still clear??

Acne is disappearing... slowly

Regime: this regime has worked for me for the past month. Diet is nothig special; just avoid diary and sugary drinks/foods.. still eating lots of junk food like fries which doesnt' seem to affect me, have some fibre in the breakfast from berries and oats. Chicken, rice, bread, tuna, peppermint and green tea, cocoa, eggs, lost of baby carrots
THE KEY: Sunlight in the morning (15 to 30 mins), sleep at least 7 hrs a day
drink water whenever I can (aimin for 2 ltrs), wash my face with water morning and night
sexual activity only once every 10 days (til my skin recovers, then keep it moderate)
SUPPLEMENTS: MSM 1000 mg 3 times a day, Zinc 50 mg once a day, Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day

#52 bunnylips

bunnylips

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (AlexGF @ Mar 24 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am very happy to say YES, I am still clear!! eusa_dance.gif It's been 63 days since I've been drinking this tea and in that time frame I've had 2 fairly small cysts that quietly went away after about a week and 2 tiny "normal" pimples that lasted about 3 days. This is a huge success for me!!!! I know that all good things eventually will come to an end...but I'm hoping I have quite a while before that happens. biggrin.gif

#53 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (bunnylips @ Mar 24 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AlexGF @ Mar 24 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am very happy to say YES, I am still clear!! eusa_dance.gif It's been 63 days since I've been drinking this tea and in that time frame I've had 2 fairly small cysts that quietly went away after about a week and 2 tiny "normal" pimples that lasted about 3 days. This is a huge success for me!!!! I know that all good things eventually will come to an end...but I'm hoping I have quite a while before that happens. biggrin.gif

That's soo awsome! Congrats. I think tea is helping a lot. I got new cysts thou.Three new ones but they are smaller and less inflammed. rolleyes.gif I think after drinking all three packs of my tea, I am gonna get the one that you are using.Still happy about Rooibos. I am sure it's helping me a lot. wub.gif

#54 soloness

soloness

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

nice biggrin.gif I actually HATE TEA. especially rooibos(the taste). Luckly I live in South Africa and its grown here tongue.gif My mom and my grandmother drinks it so our house is full rooibos tea boxes smile.gif hehe. I think am gona start drinking it as i got nothing to lose!.

by the way I only have acne on my chin/lip line and nose. mostly blackheads on my nose and inflamed acne on my chin area. I will give updates. cheers going to make me some now smile.gif

#55 luv2dance

luv2dance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

I just bought some of the tea online yesterday. I should get it in about 5-6 days and it will be my first time trying it. I hope I get good results!!

#56 junebug1991

junebug1991

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

Just finished my 3rd huge mug.................phew.
This BETTER help.
<3 :) <3

#57 Aghaigh Dearg

Aghaigh Dearg

also answers to AggaDagga and Ike Derog

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Cogito- ergo-sum. @ Mar 19 2008, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today I went to get tea at school, and they usually have lots of packs with different flavors. Tazo mostly. U know,the one that Starbucks uses. Anyway, there was a tea called African Red Bush, Igridients rooibos, hint of hibiscus flowers, lemon and sweet spices, a pinch of rosemary. It's not the same, but still is something. And maybe it's easier to find. I went to target, they have Tazo teas sometimes. They did not have it.sad.gif

http://us.st11.yimg...._1994_889434718

Rooibos is Afrikaans for Red Bush. Its a South African tea so if you cant find Rooibos try looking for Red Bush as twill be the exact same me thinks.

I came back from SA a Rooibos addict, sucks that you guys have trouble buying it, I can get it in the supermarket as easy and same price as Green or Camomile etc.

I had no idea it had skin benefits, though, woohoo! wiggle.gif

A hot Irish girl named Elaine<br />
Ran off with her boyfriend to Spain.<br />
They got naked in the sun<br />
but Elaine burned her bun<br />
and they scurried back home to the rain.

#58 Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

I went to my local grocery store (Raley's) and looked in the Well Living / Organic food section and found some Rooibus Tea.

Posted Image

It says Red Mellow Bush but I think that's an older box because the one I have clearly says Rooibos and ORGANIC ~ Red Mellow Bush under it. It was about 5.49 for 18 tea bags, but next time I'll buy it online to save $$$ (Stash - 120 bags for 20 dollars).

I'll start drinking it tonight ... hopefully I can see results soon ... I'm desperate lol
I don't use anything except Jojoba oil to moisturize at night.

#59 Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

By the way, it doesn't really taste like anything... is that normal?
I don't use anything except Jojoba oil to moisturize at night.

#60 iCogito

iCogito

nobody's little weasel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Genius/GZA @ Mar 26 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, it doesn't really taste like anything... is that normal?

Absolutely.smile.gif