Photo

Burdock Root

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:39 AM

This is currently what i have https://www.yourheal...complexion.html

But would i be better off by single herbs on there own so i get a higher amount? This is what im looking at getting http://www.hollandan...ail.asp?pid=136. Has Burdock Root helped anyone else? Also what other herbs can i use to help my liver out as i feel thats where my problems are.

#2 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:16 AM

I just found some evening primrose oil in the cupboard, will that help much? And are males able to take it as i noticed it mentioned women on the back in the description?

#3 deGuru

deGuru

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

This site has lots of organic herbs http://www.banyanbotanicals.com/

It doesnt have any Burdock root, but it does have Neem, wich is even better. Also if you want herbs like burdock root or sapirilla jsut go to your local tea store.

#4 acDSB

acDSB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Paul25 @ Feb 16 2008, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But would i be better off by single herbs on there own so i get a higher amount? This is what im looking at getting http://www.hollandan...ail.asp?pid=136. Has Burdock Root helped anyone else? Also what other herbs can i use to help my liver out as i feel thats where my problems are.

You can try milk thistle to help your liver. I think burdock root is more of a blood cleanser.

#5 sznooze

sznooze

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (acDSB @ Feb 16 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Paul25 @ Feb 16 2008, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can try milk thistle to help your liver. I think burdock root is more of a blood cleanser.

I have one of the most brilliant naturopath's in history (anyway i think he is ) wink.gif ... anyhoo, he gives me Genestra brand supplements, which are known to be a very high grade. He charges me quite a bit, and I decided to do some research on my own and I actually found a place to order this very same brand for MUCH cheaper. I told him about it, and he actually praised me for finding a more affordable source because it does get expensive over years of treatment.

Take a look: Burdock is avail on here, I take it, and It has helped me so much.

http://www.rockwelln...estra_c_82.html

#6 Kodi

Kodi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

"This is a root vegetable that we should be including in our diet. The Japanese eat it as often as we eat carrots, and usually with carrots, and is probably one of the reasons why they are the longest living people on the planet. It looks scary with its scabrous skin, but this skin is actually quite thin and comes off easily. You can do anything with it that you would do with a carrot. It has an earthy flavor, rather like asparagus, when boiled. It's very nice eaten raw, marinated in vinegar.

You can also drink burdock tea or take burdock supplements. Yogi Tea's Detox Tea has burdock root in it. It is safe for long-term use, say 30 days.

Burdock root detoxes the liver, cleanses the kidneys, promotes sweating, breaks down poisons, is an anti-fungal and antibiotic, and is the main ingredient in the Essiac formula that Rene Caisse would give her cancer patients. The other herbs in a true Essiac Formula (which may be purchased by several herb suppliers) are Rhubarb, Slippery Elm and Sheep Sorrel.

Best thing about Burdock Root is it cleanses without side-effects!"

- Shelley De Lange

Burdock root is pretty amazing. But Paul25, I still get the sense that you are looking for a magic pill that will clear you up, and nothing, Burdock root included, will do that. Have you done any cleansing procedures?

#7 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Kodi @ Feb 17 2008, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"This is a root vegetable that we should be including in our diet. The Japanese eat it as often as we eat carrots, and usually with carrots, and is probably one of the reasons why they are the longest living people on the planet. It looks scary with its scabrous skin, but this skin is actually quite thin and comes off easily. You can do anything with it that you would do with a carrot. It has an earthy flavor, rather like asparagus, when boiled. It's very nice eaten raw, marinated in vinegar.

You can also drink burdock tea or take burdock supplements. Yogi Tea's Detox Tea has burdock root in it. It is safe for long-term use, say 30 days.

Burdock root detoxes the liver, cleanses the kidneys, promotes sweating, breaks down poisons, is an anti-fungal and antibiotic, and is the main ingredient in the Essiac formula that Rene Caisse would give her cancer patients. The other herbs in a true Essiac Formula (which may be purchased by several herb suppliers) are Rhubarb, Slippery Elm and Sheep Sorrel.

Best thing about Burdock Root is it cleanses without side-effects!"

- Shelley De Lange

Burdock root is pretty amazing. But Paul25, I still get the sense that you are looking for a magic pill that will clear you up, and nothing, Burdock root included, will do that. Have you done any cleansing procedures?

Ive done 2 liver flushes, took alot of detox drinks, colon cleanse teas and now some aloe vera colon cleanse pills. My back acne is pretty much sorted out now, its just my face and neck now. I really do feel as if my liver is the problem.

#8 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:27 AM

I really do feel as if my liver is the problem.

yes, previous poster was right: milk thistle for liver.....but these things take time. Hope your gut feeling about it being your liver is right if you do this, because the time it takes could delay you from a different solution (best not to load up your body with other things while liver cleansing with milk thistle--you'd have to commit to it)

BTW, i pm'd you.

#9 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (sie @ Feb 17 2008, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, previous poster was right: milk thistle for liver.....but these things take time. Hope your gut feeling about it being your liver is right if you do this, because the time it takes could delay you from a different solution (best not to load up your body with other things while liver cleansing with milk thistle--you'd have to commit to it)

BTW, i pm'd you.

How long does it take to show results? Im going to keep taking the pills i have that contain burdock root and blue flag because there suppose to work well with it. I would prefer to keep taking the colon cleanse pills really, would that be alright? I would give up the zinc if necessary.

I read your pm yesterday, and thanks for it. I shall write back soon, just been abit busy lately.smile.gif

#10 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Paul25 @ Feb 17 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sie @ Feb 17 2008, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW, i pm'd you.

How long does it take to show results?

All I personally know in that regard is "until it works" . I know, bad answer. Anyway, if you are young, just stopping damaging habits could help alot. My rule of thumb on anything is at least 2 months to see improvement (if you are going to) and longer for full results.

#11 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

Would a tea like this also help with acne? http://www.goodnessd...a__20_bags.html

#12 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

And also this one http://www.goodnessd...ea_20_bags.html

#13 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

I find green (and white) tea, chamomile and lemon balm to all be great anti-inflammatories. I drink them regularly (daily) but not as a blend. If I am getting an inflammed spot I put the teabag on it. It seems to help. I see the milk thistle which is detoxing. I can't atest to the products, but those are my experiences with some of the ingredients that I recognize. (I eat dandelion in salads but don't make any medicinal connection off hand, without researching it)

#14 Paul25

Paul25

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:19 PM

Ive been taking the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion since Thursday and the Milk Thistle since Sunday. Im getting some quite big spots at the moment, and i was wondering would the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion cause an outbreak? I know the milk thistle can do but how long would it take to breakout from that?

#15 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Paul25 @ Feb 18 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been taking the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion since Thursday and the Milk Thistle since Sunday. Im getting some quite big spots at the moment, and i was wondering would the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion cause an outbreak? I know the milk thistle can do but how long would it take to breakout from that?

All things take time.

You say "big spots", do you mean inflammed (swollen, painful)?
If so, you need to consider antiinflammatory methods--either by altering your diet if necessary or introducing some anti-inflammatories into your daily routine. As I have said in the past, I drink green tea, chamomile tea, lemon balm mint tea which anti-inflammatories and I avoid excessive sweets (only what little bit is in 70% dark choc) and have cut down/out bread and pasta. It has been very effective.

Even if you find the magic bullet for your acne, you WILL continue to see "spots" or clogged pores for a couple months. These things take time to surface. But keeping down the inflammation in the meantime will help make that time more tolerable.

#16 Ketty

Ketty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:34 PM

Burdock Root is harvested from certified organic farms without chemical pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fertilizers. Burdock root is a traditional herbal commonly used in combination with Red Clover, Yellow Dock and Dandelion. Burdock root is one of the best blood purifiers amongst the herbs.