Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burdock Root

16 posts in this topic

This is currently what i have https://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/detai...complexion.html

But would i be better off by single herbs on there own so i get a higher amount? This is what im looking at getting http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/pro...ail.asp?pid=136. Has Burdock Root helped anyone else? Also what other herbs can i use to help my liver out as i feel thats where my problems are.

You Just Have To Look Through The Dark

To See The Glimmers

[sig-img:412]

My Holistic Progress

6 Liver flushes performed so far in 2009

I just found some evening primrose oil in the cupboard, will that help much? And are males able to take it as i noticed it mentioned women on the back in the description?

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

This site has lots of organic herbs http://www.banyanbotanicals.com/

It doesnt have any Burdock root, but it does have Neem, wich is even better. Also if you want herbs like burdock root or sapirilla jsut go to your local tea store.

This is currently what i have https://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/detai...complexion.html

But would i be better off by single herbs on there own so i get a higher amount? This is what im looking at getting http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/pro...ail.asp?pid=136. Has Burdock Root helped anyone else? Also what other herbs can i use to help my liver out as i feel thats where my problems are.

You can try milk thistle to help your liver. I think burdock root is more of a blood cleanser.

"This is a root vegetable that we should be including in our diet. The Japanese eat it as often as we eat carrots, and usually with carrots, and is probably one of the reasons why they are the longest living people on the planet. It looks scary with its scabrous skin, but this skin is actually quite thin and comes off easily. You can do anything with it that you would do with a carrot. It has an earthy flavor, rather like asparagus, when boiled. It's very nice eaten raw, marinated in vinegar.

You can also drink burdock tea or take burdock supplements. Yogi Tea's Detox Tea has burdock root in it. It is safe for long-term use, say 30 days.

Burdock root detoxes the liver, cleanses the kidneys, promotes sweating, breaks down poisons, is an anti-fungal and antibiotic, and is the main ingredient in the Essiac formula that Rene Caisse would give her cancer patients. The other herbs in a true Essiac Formula (which may be purchased by several herb suppliers) are Rhubarb, Slippery Elm and Sheep Sorrel.

Best thing about Burdock Root is it cleanses without side-effects!"

- Shelley De Lange

"This is a root vegetable that we should be including in our diet. The Japanese eat it as often as we eat carrots, and usually with carrots, and is probably one of the reasons why they are the longest living people on the planet. It looks scary with its scabrous skin, but this skin is actually quite thin and comes off easily. You can do anything with it that you would do with a carrot. It has an earthy flavor, rather like asparagus, when boiled. It's very nice eaten raw, marinated in vinegar.

You can also drink burdock tea or take burdock supplements. Yogi Tea's Detox Tea has burdock root in it. It is safe for long-term use, say 30 days.

Burdock root detoxes the liver, cleanses the kidneys, promotes sweating, breaks down poisons, is an anti-fungal and antibiotic, and is the main ingredient in the Essiac formula that Rene Caisse would give her cancer patients. The other herbs in a true Essiac Formula (which may be purchased by several herb suppliers) are Rhubarb, Slippery Elm and Sheep Sorrel.

Best thing about Burdock Root is it cleanses without side-effects!"

- Shelley De Lange

Burdock root is pretty amazing. But Paul25, I still get the sense that you are looking for a magic pill that will clear you up, and nothing, Burdock root included, will do that. Have you done any cleansing procedures?

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

I really do feel as if my liver is the problem.

yes, previous poster was right: milk thistle for liver.....but these things take time. Hope your gut feeling about it being your liver is right if you do this, because the time it takes could delay you from a different solution (best not to load up your body with other things while liver cleansing with milk thistle--you'd have to commit to it)

BTW, i pm'd you.

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

yes, previous poster was right: milk thistle for liver.....but these things take time. Hope your gut feeling about it being your liver is right if you do this, because the time it takes could delay you from a different solution (best not to load up your body with other things while liver cleansing with milk thistle--you'd have to commit to it)

BTW, i pm'd you.

I find green (and white) tea, chamomile and lemon balm to all be great anti-inflammatories. I drink them regularly (daily) but not as a blend. If I am getting an inflammed spot I put the teabag on it. It seems to help. I see the milk thistle which is detoxing. I can't atest to the products, but those are my experiences with some of the ingredients that I recognize. (I eat dandelion in salads but don't make any medicinal connection off hand, without researching it)

Ive been taking the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion since Thursday and the Milk Thistle since Sunday. Im getting some quite big spots at the moment, and i was wondering would the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion cause an outbreak? I know the milk thistle can do but how long would it take to breakout from that?

To See The Glimmers

My Holistic Progress

Ive been taking the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion since Thursday and the Milk Thistle since Sunday. Im getting some quite big spots at the moment, and i was wondering would the HRI Jessup Clear Complexion cause an outbreak? I know the milk thistle can do but how long would it take to breakout from that?

Burdock Root is harvested from certified organic farms without chemical pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fertilizers. Burdock root is a traditional herbal commonly used in combination with Red Clover, Yellow Dock and Dandelion. Burdock root is one of the best blood purifiers amongst the herbs.