This topic is archived.
1247 replies to this topic

#1 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

NOTE: We have since learned that DIMM only halts acne for about 6 weeks.

There is a potent anti-androgen called DIM which clears acne in 1-2 weeks. Both males and females have been stunned by the fast results. Not only does it have anti-androgenic effects, but it also reduces free radical hormones and promotes estrogen metabolism for both genders.

About DIM: It is about $10 and you can purchase it on froogle.com. DIM (Diindolylmethane) is from isolated cruciferous veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts, kale, bok choi and has no known side effects. It has been proven to fight off many cancers. DIM has anti-androgenic effects, so it stops your body from producing acne. DIM is also a bodybuilding supplement. Both males and females can take it, although you should not take DIM if you are pregnant. Taking several pills of DIM is equal to eating several pounds of vegetables. DIM has been tested since 1975 and has no known side effects. DIM should be taken during a meal because it can cause stomach discomfort (like Zinc).

DIM brings acne to a halt immediately.

Where to purchase DIM: Go to www.froogle.com and search for: "DIM Diindolylmethane". DIM is not usually sold at health food stores or in vitamin shops (call and ask).

Suggested Dose: 100mg per day

What to expect: Some people on this forum have tried doubling their dosage, however, it seems that results take just as long as someone taking the recommended dose. Also, please give the product a full 2 weeks to see results.

Here is a poll which says how many people have taken DIM and seen results:
http://www.acne.org/...ou-t191165.html

Just wanted to tell all of you!

Note: You should not use this product if you are on oral birth control. You should not use this product if you can become or are pregnant or lactating. Anti-androgens change the formation of the reproduction organs of the baby.

**Note: I edited this post so that people wouldnt rush out and buy Genistein without thoroughly reading about its link to Leukemia. So, I'm only posting about DIM instead.

Edited by Dotty1, 29 December 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#2 sie

sie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

BRAVO!

I am considering one of those if my vit D trial doesn't work out. But I am a research freak, so I'll have to research it thoroughly for a couple weeks...especially since I want to get pregnant soon. wink.gif

I am just so happy for you. Remember to smile ALOT and to NOT run away from cameras!

#3 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yes, this is not a product for anyone who could become pregnant. They know for sure that these two products affect the fetus.

I am smiling a LOT. My skin looks like it did when I was 10 years old -- smooth, white and clear. Now I can proudly wear my mascara and lip gloss wink.gif.

#4 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

I'm still confused whether this would only work for females, or for males too.

How is your oil production Dotty? Has it decreased? If you have tried B-5, how is this compared to B-5 in terms of reducing oil?

I found DIM on here:
http://www.allstarhe...ay-dim-plus.htm

If you notice, the directions are for both MEN AND WOMEN. Hmm...

#5 pixxekurlz222

pixxekurlz222

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

Just came across this when I googled "diindolylmethane, acne"

It is important to note that through immune modulation, multiple organ systems throughout the body are supported. Breast, prostate, colon and skin are among the organ systems that directly benefit from DIM's immune modulating properties. Given DIM's immune modulating properties on the skin, it is currently under investigation as a supplement that may help prevent acne and pimples that result from skin infections.

#6 Murmur

Murmur

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art, animation, wellness and the outdoors.

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

NOTE:

DIM IS NOT AN ANTI-ANDROGEN.

it works by clearing the body of EXCESS estrogen.

http://www.vrp.com/d...?...734&zTYPE=3

important distinction here, folks!

#7 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

The product I am on... Genistein... in relation to B5... it is like taking 9 of the 10 grams of B5.

My acne was really bad... every one of my pores was clogged with sebum beforehand. EVERY pore... all the way to the earlobes and scalp.

I am still researching both Genistein and DIM...

#8 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Panda1 @ Feb 15 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Mr. Bigger @ Feb 15 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still confused whether this would only work for females, or for males too.

I found DIM on here:
http://www.allstarhe...ay-dim-plus.htm

If you notice, the directions are for both MEN AND WOMEN. Hmm...

I asked about symptoms in males, someone else did too, but there were no responses. They don't want us in their club eusa_boohoo.gif haha. I think I might have estrogen-dominance, but I haven't been able to find any symptoms in males anywhere.

Hahaha!!

Fine, then I don't wanna be in their club!! I'm going to fight my acne with my gigantic penis!!

PS: What makes you think you have estrogen dominance?

#9 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

If I had to pick either Genistein or DIM, I'd pick DIM because Genistein has the potential to cause leukemia because it inhibits specific enzymes that, in other studies, have been shown to induce leukemia when inhibited, whereas DIM is being studied as a treatment for several cancers. Also, according to the two experiences in this thread, it seems that DIM works faster for clearing acne than Genistein anyway. But then there are only two people, so it's hard to say what the overall trend would be. I had tried using progesterone cream for a while, and it did help clear my skin, and progesterone does a similar thing - prevents estrogen dominance, and binds up excess hormones. So you may be onto something. I'm a bit concerned about the pregnancy thing, but I can't find a reference to DIM causing problems in pregnancy, can anyone find a link that discusses that subject?

#10 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:theia mania. cats.

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

http://www.dimfaq.com/index.htm

This site seems unbiased and very resourceful. They are selling a book for $2.99 - but that's all I see. There are several published studies listed there as well as the effects of DIM on men and women.

#11 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

Yes, I read that site and liked it. The very last sentence on the webpages seemed to sum up DIM: It has been tested for a long time and is safe.

I stopped taking genistein... and need to order some DIM.

I'll start searching froogle.

#12 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

I am looking for other natural anti-androgens.

So far, the other natural products which are anti-androgen and block DHT are:

Herb: Nettles (known for blocking DHT)
Herb: Saw Palmetto
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Green Tea
Emu Oil
Soy Isoflavins (Genistein)
Beta Sitosterols
Zinc

Acne is not the only problem caused by over-androgen activity and DHT... other problems are: PCOS (in women), hirutism (in women), hairloss (in men) and of course acne.

#13 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

Hey I just read that Progesterone (not progestin) is an anti-androgen used to treat hairloss, PCOS... and other problems related to DHT.

And someone on here alread said that their progesterone was clearing their acne!

#14 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Dotty1 @ Feb 20 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am looking for other natural anti-androgens.

So far, the other natural products which are anti-androgen and block DHT are:

Herb: Nettles (known for blocking DHT)
Herb: Saw Palmetto
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Green Tea
Emu Oil
Soy Isoflavins (Genistein)
Beta Sitosterols
Zinc

Took Saw Palmetto Extract for a few months, with NO results. No positive nor negative. No change at all.

Drank LOTS of green tea for about a month, and it only made my skin more oilier. No positive effect.

Zinc- have been taking zinc for the pat year or so, seems to provoke faster healing of skin (helps with razor burn, etc). Nothing AMAZING that I've noticed though.

The most amazing effect I saw was from taking B-5, which cleared me, however did not help reduce my oil production as much as I hoped it would. I am not sure if B-5 affects hormones, but just thought I'd mention it since that is what cured me and many other people on here.

#15 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

Just had to say that I've been off Genistein for 9 days now because I have been waiting for my DIM to arrive... but my skin has not returned to its normal acne state.

It usually takes 4 days of being off medication for my skin to break out EVERYWHERE.

I have 2 pimples and 10% of the oil has returned... but I am CLEAR. My forehead is perfect.

I wonder if I'm Genistein cured my acne... or it has a LONG after-effect.

I wonder if DIM is the same way?

#16 DeAntonio

DeAntonio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

blah, I want to try the DIM

right now Im almost 19 and havent fully grown a beard, I have some facial hair on my chin but not much.... which is why I think I have a hormone imbalance........ problem is that no other male on here is taking it so Im kind of suspect to be the 1st eusa_think.gif

#17 valo_123

valo_123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (DeAntonio @ Feb 22 2008, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blah, I want to try the DIM

right now Im almost 19 and havent fully grown a beard, I have some facial hair on my chin but not much.... which is why I think I have a hormone imbalance........ problem is that no other male on here is taking it so Im kind of suspect to be the 1st eusa_think.gif

haha hey bud, I'm in the same boat as you. I just started taking my mom's Genistein yesterday. I'm not sure how long it should take to see results but I'm going to be 19 in a few months and my facial hair is really scarce ha. My girlfriend always makes fun of me because I resort to dying it sometimes so that I actually look like age.

I'll update you on the progress...If this doesn't work I may go buy some DIM instead, I just thought I'd take the genistein cause it was readily available to me.

#18 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:59 PM

Yes, its probably best to order DIM the moment you see if Genistein clears your acne.
When it cleared my acne, I was taking 4grams a day... the pills were 100% Genistein (not watered-down).

Researchers suspect that Genistein might be linked to Leukemia. If you want to try the Genistein for a week and see if you see results, then go ahead, but I'd be cautious about taking it for 2 months.

Genistein started seeing Genistein's results after 8 days... and I was clear in under two weeks.

Order some DIM online at www.froogle.com. It is isolated veggies and so far, it appears "stable and safe."

#19 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:59 PM

good luck to u guys that are taking it, hope your pee-pees don't fall off and you don't start growing boobies

#20 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:16 PM

Yay, we have our male guinea pigs wink.gif.