Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

breakouts around the mouth and chin?

5 posts in this topic

well i've been posting alot of new topics lately because i'm new to this website...so i have alot of different questions haha. like i've said before, i'm on a prescribed BP wash to use at night and am also on amoxicillin. I've always had breakouts around my mouth, chin, and upper lip area. Lately, the breakouts on my upper lip have been getting considerably better (despite the stupid red marks)...but i haven't had any new pop ups there for about 2 weeks or so. but...i still have it somewhat bad around the corners of my mouth and chin. i'm not sure if it could be related to the fact that it's around that time of the month...or what. but it's really annoying me!

maybe it's my chapstick? or toothpaste? any suggestions for good chapsticks/toothpastes to use?

For chapstick, I either use Aquaphor or I use everyday minerals lip gloss. Sometimes, I also wear prescriptives lipliner and prescriptives lipstick. For toothpaste, I use biotene for dry mouth. I like it and it doesnt contain ingredients that break me out

Sounds like hormonal acne, especially if your breaking out around that time of the month. How old are you? I have been told that if you tend to breakout only around the area of your mouth and chin then it is hormone related. I have this and am currently taking minocycline and washing with BP 5% and using retin-a in the evening before bed. It is working! I haven't had a breakout in about three weeks and I just had my aunt visit(if you know what I mean...)Keep taking your antibiotics, I think they help with the inflamation and redness, and just remember it will take sometime before you will be totally clear. I am on week 6 I think and couldn't be happier! Good Luck!

Oh yeah, I use softlips. I use to get zits right on my lip line. Upper and lower lip, I haven't gotten not a one since I've started my treatment. These use to bother me really bad because they kind of looked like cold sores, ugly. Anyway, I don't think it really matters what kind of chapstick you use.

For chapstick, I either use Aquaphor or I use everyday minerals lip gloss. Sometimes, I also wear prescriptives lipliner and prescriptives lipstick. For toothpaste, I use biotene for dry mouth. I like it and it doesnt contain ingredients that break me out