pop aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark

4 replies to this topic

#1 US girl

US girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

well i've been posting alot of new topics lately because i'm new to this website...so i have alot of different questions haha. like i've said before, i'm on a prescribed BP wash to use at night and am also on amoxicillin. I've always had breakouts around my mouth, chin, and upper lip area. Lately, the breakouts on my upper lip have been getting considerably better (despite the stupid red marks)...but i haven't had any new pop ups there for about 2 weeks or so. but...i still have it somewhat bad around the corners of my mouth and chin. i'm not sure if it could be related to the fact that it's around that time of the month...or what. but it's really annoying me!

maybe it's my chapstick? or toothpaste? any suggestions for good chapsticks/toothpastes to use?

#2 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

For chapstick, I either use Aquaphor or I use everyday minerals lip gloss. Sometimes, I also wear prescriptives lipliner and prescriptives lipstick. For toothpaste, I use biotene for dry mouth. I like it and it doesnt contain ingredients that break me out
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#3 2old4zits

2old4zits

thenewme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

Sounds like hormonal acne, especially if your breaking out around that time of the month. How old are you? I have been told that if you tend to breakout only around the area of your mouth and chin then it is hormone related. I have this and am currently taking minocycline and washing with BP 5% and using retin-a in the evening before bed. It is working! I haven't had a breakout in about three weeks and I just had my aunt visit(if you know what I mean...)Keep taking your antibiotics, I think they help with the inflamation and redness, and just remember it will take sometime before you will be totally clear. I am on week 6 I think and couldn't be happier! Good Luck!
Started December 31st 2007-
100mg Minocycline twice a day, morning and night
Wash with Benzoil Peroxide one a day in the shower
Wash with Cetaphil in the evening
Apply Retin-A gel in the evening
Try to drink lots of H2O!!!

#4 2old4zits

2old4zits

thenewme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

Oh yeah, I use softlips. I use to get zits right on my lip line. Upper and lower lip, I haven't gotten not a one since I've started my treatment. These use to bother me really bad because they kind of looked like cold sores, ugly. Anyway, I don't think it really matters what kind of chapstick you use.
Started December 31st 2007-
100mg Minocycline twice a day, morning and night
Wash with Benzoil Peroxide one a day in the shower
Wash with Cetaphil in the evening
Apply Retin-A gel in the evening
Try to drink lots of H2O!!!

#5 US girl

US girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (acne_battle @ Feb 13 2008, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For chapstick, I either use Aquaphor or I use everyday minerals lip gloss. Sometimes, I also wear prescriptives lipliner and prescriptives lipstick. For toothpaste, I use biotene for dry mouth. I like it and it doesnt contain ingredients that break me out

thanks smile.gif i'm 20...in short, too old to be having these problems! i've always had problems with breakouts, even as early as middle school. but just within the past, say, 5 years, i've had the problem around my mouth. it used to be just on my forehead but it seems like it has shifted or something. i get the occasional zits on other areas of my face, but it is mostly concentrated around my mouth, chin, and upper lip. and it gets worse around that time of the month (it doesn't only pop up around that time). gah. i've been on prescribed treatments before that usually helped with it, but of course they always stopped working after a certain amount of time (which is annoying too). so hopefully my regimen now will be effective in a couple more weeks. it's only been a month...so i guess i just have to be patient!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users