Photo

Dermabrasion - Anyone?

dermabrasion microdermabrasion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#41 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:38 AM

Misty is right...

Dermabrasion sure isn't a magic-overnight cure. I've never heard of anyone having "Fantastic Results" from just one treatment.
BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT SELF-INJECTING DERMAL FILLERS, PLEASE READ THIS POST, HERE..

#42 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 February 2004 - 07:33 PM

You're welcome Kiki smile.gif

I'm glad someone else on here is looking into it too. We can compare notes, and share our research and concerns with each other.

Even though, I think I've done just about as much research as I can do, I read this thread and post here so I get input from others who have had Dermabrasions and want to share their experience, or are planning to have it, thinking about having it...or just to share and learn more.  

I keep learning from all of you  

Ditto.

~emma
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#43 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:36 AM

Emma...

Have you found a doctor in your area yet?
BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT SELF-INJECTING DERMAL FILLERS, PLEASE READ THIS POST, HERE..

#44 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2004 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for the idea Kiki.

I will try that smile.gif

Emma
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#45 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:35 AM

I emailed Dr M several months ago and asked him somes Qs re: TCA CROSS. He did respond. I suggest you try again ... maybe he's out of town or very busy.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#46 cash

cash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

Hi-
Just a few comments...
I have researched dermabrasion quite a bit over the years. I e-mailed Dr. Harmon months back and he responded quickly. If I remember correctly, he does spot dermabrasions quite often- as well as full-face. My mother had full-face dermabrasion 30+ years ago and her face looks great.

#47 dcychanhk

dcychanhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:27 PM

alright. keep us updated ! can you tell me your ethic background? Any asians here tried dermabrasion?

#48 minnie

minnie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:45 PM

I had dermabrasion twice by Dr. Yarborough and did not have any problems with hyper/hypopigmentation. However, I'm lighter Asian...Type II-III, so there was less chance of pigmentation problems. Hope that helps.

Minnie

#49 dcychanhk

dcychanhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:20 PM

http://www.weinstein...u/skin/collagen
Did u get result like that ? i am talking about the guy at the bottom of the page. If not , how many % of that you reckon? how long does the redness take to subside thank you for your information.

#50 leopolda

leopolda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2004 - 12:59 PM

Hi, Minnie. Thanks so much for posting. Would you mind elaborating on your experience with Dr. Yarborough? Do you live there or did you travel to be treated? How long ago? Were you pleased with the results? Why did you go for a second treatment? Did you have full face or regional/spot treatment? Would you recommend this procedure with him to others? Sorry to bombard you with questions, it's just so tough to track down someone who has first-hand experience with him.

Thanks

--leo

#51 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2004 - 01:10 PM

Videos of the procedures:

The tapes are somewhat expensive, but if you are really into research before someone touches your face, you might consider it.

http://www.aafprs.or...1100_tapes.html

They have videos on other resurfacing techniques too.

#52 minnie

minnie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:17 PM

I was in school in New Orleans at the time I had the procedures done (one full facial and one partial) and he charged me just for the cost of the supplies (which was was NOMINAL). At the time he didn't even know me very well. Since then we have become good friends. Dr. Y isn't just a good practitioner, he's an amazing human being. I think he felt sorry for a young girl with acne scars. And my scars weren't even that bad!!
So if you really want him to treat you, don't let money be the issue. Not only that, I heard a rumor that he may be retiring soon...so I would get treated before it's too late.
As far as success...I have a few superficial scars that I still need to work on and a few ice picks on my upper lip that were hard to resurface b/c of its location...but I'm very happy. If you want pics, I wouldn't mind PMing them if I could figure out how. He really is the best.
Oh, and the redness took me a/b 6 weeks to completely fade, but it may be different for others.

#53 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:01 PM

Minnie

Did you have icepicks that did respond to dermabrasion?

I'd love to see your pics if you don't mind showing them to me.

Thanks,

Emma

#54 leopolda

leopolda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:15 PM

Thanks so much Minnie. I"M SO EXCITED ABOUT DR. Y.!!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but this is the only procedure/Dr. that I have heard ONLY good things about--both with respect to the results and him as a person. I really have to calm down, I'm feeling really excited right now (I really have to stop drinking espresso at night!) I completely believe that he treated you for so inexpensively--he really comes off as such a decent, genuine person. And I, like Emma, would love to see your pics (thanks for such a nice offer). Emma, in one of your posts, you mentioned something about the kinds of scars this procedure works best on. What types are those? I have surgical scars (excision was my first step in the revision process). I'm going to try to call him again next week to start the process of setting up an appointment. Thanks again for your story.

--leo

#55 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:26 PM

Leo

From what I've heard, it works best on surgical, traumatic, and rolling/boxcars. The info I've received on icepicks is a bit ambiguous. I've heard it can make them wider due to tracts in the skin(I read that article a year ago, and can't remember where, or many details about the picks).

HTH,

Emma

#56 animegirle

animegirle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:40 PM

Dermabrasion did nothing for my ice pick scars, thus the punch grafting was done.

One of the risks w/ dermabrasion is the top layer of skin will be sanded off revealing "tunneling" from invasive scar tissue. Skin grafts are done to reverse this...I imagine that this is quite rare.

#57 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:53 AM

Dr.Y doesn't have a website.

#58 lonelyman

lonelyman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:09 AM

hi animegirl,

My collagen last time for dermabrasion did regrow but the scar remains there...nothing really can erase the scar...

#59 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:43 AM

For anyone considering dermabrasian, a couple of things. First, if you havn't done any other procedures that are less invasive, it would be best to go that route FIRST. It seems that for people who have had dermabrasian, other procedures are less effective. I've seen this over and over, right here on this board. At least start with needling, tca cross, and/or subcision before you go to something as drastic as dermabrasian.

#60 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:56 AM

Denise

Hi, you make a very good point.

The reason I want to get it is because I was told I need it to remove my growths. Of course, I'll look into other procedures and get as many opinions a possible before I commit to dermabrasion. I would like to do something less invasive if it accomplishes my goals.