Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dermabrasion - Anyone?

141 posts in this topic

Oh, by working wonders at my acne I mean clearing my skin to about 98% !!! With no cystic outbreaks. the only ones I get now are tiny whitehead/pustules. It also helps with my constantly greasy skin, alot!

It clears up red spots from old acne in just a few days. The set of three products was a mere $ 50 at my plastic surgeons office. He is on the web Dr. John Kelley III.

Best wishes. I am still waiting for help to upload my pics....Anybody?

I am still waiting for help to upload my pics....Anybody?

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

I am a 34 year old female who has suffered for more than twenty years with cystic acne.  I live in Ft. Smith, Ar and found a plastic surgeon who just did excision on 18 bad ice pick scars and I am following up with dermabrasion.  Total cost for all procedures with anesthesia and follow is  $ 2500.  I have current pics of my excisons but need to figure out how and where to attach them.  I just discovered this site today by accident. I am currrently using a four step skin care that is called Glytone: Face wash, toner, tmt gel all followed up with azelex topical.  It is working wonders!

Polite replies are welcome. Oh, BTW I tried to access Misty pics from her journal and could get to them. Any suggestions?

Stephanie J cudwnunder@netzero.net

^ She (Love) has not had the procedure done yet..she goes for an appointment next month..and then the dermabrasion..towards the end of the summer.

Dermabrasion seems such a painful procedure. But I agree with those that believe that it worths it, if it makes them feel better with their looks (if it erases scars that much, like in the case of animegirl, it certainly worths the pain and the money 100%!).

Bump, this topic hasnt been touched awhile but i found it durring the faq.

Im 16 and a half right now, and while i suffer from light acne, i notice i have light scarring, it might not be severe enough for a dermbabrasion but i really want clear, smooth, pale skin.

am i too young for dermabrasion? i was thinking of waiting till the acne grows out or im completely clear by then i'll probably be 18? lol, then to get dermabrasion, plus it gives me time to save up the money for it anywhoo, 5grand, man, dats alot of money...

eh feedback would be awesome

I think your acne/scars sound too mild to warrant dermabrasion, plus, you shouldn't have it while you still have a decent amount of active acne (a little I think is okay), and I do think that you are too young to do this. This is a treatment for moderate to severe scarring and, in my opinion, should be a last resort after trying less expensive and less invasive procedures. It should definitely not be thought of as a quick fix. Trust me--I'm a high school teacher and almost none of my students have the sort of skin you desire--I think at this time in your life, you are supposed to have the type of skin you have. You'll probably grow out of it and whatever scarring you have (esp. if by scarring you mean discoloration) will diminish to an acceptable level. Plus, think of what you could do with that 5K you save =) In any case, dermabrasion is a very serious undertaking (physically, financially, and emotionally), and from how you describe your skin, I seriously doubt you need it.

best of luck to you,

--leo

"Every act of civilization is at once an act of barbarism."

-Walter Benjamin

I think your acne/scars sound too mild to warrant dermabrasion, plus, you shouldn't have it while you still have a decent amount of active acne (a little I think is okay), and I do think that you are too young to do this.  This is a treatment for moderate to severe scarring and, in my opinion, should be a last resort after trying less expensive and less invasive procedures.  It should definitely not be thought of as a quick fix.  Trust me--I'm a high school teacher and almost none of my students have the sort of skin you desire--I think at this time in your life, you are supposed to have the type of skin you have.  You'll probably grow out of it and whatever scarring you have (esp. if by scarring you mean discoloration) will diminish to an acceptable level. Plus, think of what you could do with that 5K you save =) In any case, dermabrasion is a very serious undertaking (physically, financially, and emotionally), and from how you describe your skin, I seriously doubt you need it.

best of luck to you,

--leo

"Love heals all"

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain

"Nothing in this world is more dangerous that sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" -Martin Luther King

Every post I'm reading about Dr. Ridenour's practice has been positive..I live in STL and here is my experience. Dr. Ridenour is extremely rude. Individuals in his "small world" may believe he's important, but he's really a narcissistic aXX who screws his patients. When calling this practice I was greeted with a short secretary, disconnected on numerous occasions. The office never returned my calls. The appointment that I did have the Doctor was in hour late with no apology. The atmosphere was extremely uncomfortable probably because the office staff was dressed like they should be downtown rather than working in an office. Overall my experience was awful..I would never recommend this practice. :snooty::naughty:

I had a full face dermabrasion and was happy with the results. I never noticed any vertical lines assoc. with the procedure. A plastic surgeon performed the dermabrasion-he charged 2,500 and that was over ten years ago. I think you get what you pay for. He's in Portland OR and I have to dig through some old boxes and find is name-I plan on doing it again next Nov.

I had a full face dermabrasion and was happy with the results. I never noticed any vertical lines assoc. with the procedure. A plastic surgeon performed the dermabrasion-he charged 2,500 and that was over ten years ago. I think you get what you pay for. He's in Portland OR and I have to dig through some old boxes and find is name-I plan on doing it again next Nov.

I'm going to go for several, 5 or 10 full face, deep wire brush dermabrasions after I finish attacking the deeper scars, which is what I am doing now. I need a nice good dermabrasion for my shitty, ruddy, red, broken out, pitted, ghostly white, aged and weathered skin. Ugh, I swear the worst is being a redhead with cystic acne and a face full of deep holes.

hi, i've just cleared up my active acen with bp about a month ago. evr since i've been 100% breakout free :-) am now wondering about scar treatments. was toying with the idea of getting a home microdermarbasion kit (the loreal one)... just wanted to know if i can use the kit while i'm still on BP... please reply quick! there's only one kit left at the chemists and where i live, it'd be hard to find another one for a while... plus, have to attend a wedding in a couple of weeks... thanks in advance!!

I have had just about every treatment available for acne scarring, except dermabrasion. I have an appointment for dermabrasion on April 3rd from a very good facial plastic surgeon in St. Louis. His name is Dr. Brock Ridenour and he prefers dermabrasion over CO2. He is fed up with lasers for acne scarring, because they just don't live up to the hype. I have always been told I needed a dermabrasion, but opted for the high-tech treatment instead. Moreover, I know of several doctors here in St. Louis that still perform dermbrasion.

I believe combined treatments will yield the best results. So far, I am most happy with the CROSS treatments. It is so ironic that the least expensive method yielded the highest results. I just hope this dermabrasion does the trick.

By the way, my doctor is charging me $500 for both cheek areas. A full-face I believe is $1000. His phone number is 314-909-1202. He is extremely nice.

nice idea

and

:evil:

I have had just about every treatment available for acne scarring, except dermabrasion. I have an appointment for dermabrasion on April 3rd from a very good facial plastic surgeon in St. Louis. His name is Dr. Brock Ridenour and he prefers dermabrasion over CO2. He is fed up with lasers for acne scarring, because they just don't live up to the hype. I have always been told I needed a dermabrasion, but opted for the high-tech treatment instead. Moreover, I know of several doctors here in St. Louis that still perform dermbrasion.

I believe combined treatments will yield the best results. So far, I am most happy with the CROSS treatments. It is so ironic that the least expensive method yielded the highest results. I just hope this dermabrasion does the trick.

By the way, my doctor is charging me $500 for both cheek areas. A full-face I believe is $1000. His phone number is 314-909-1202. He is extremely nice.

nice idea