Photo

I can feel new pimples on my chin coming in...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 freakky

freakky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

I feel a few pimples coming in around my chin area...the ones u cant really see yet but u can def. feel them. What do you guys use to spot treat this???

#2 arn1982

arn1982

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (freakky @ Feb 10 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel a few pimples coming in around my chin area...the ones u cant really see yet but u can def. feel them. What do you guys use to spot treat this???

I have no good advice to give you but I just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat and I hope someone answers with good advice! The ones you can feel when they're coming in are terrible!! You just know something painful is on the way sad.gif

#3 CET

CET

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:19 AM

Try spot treating them with BP 10% if poss. Put a big blob where the spots are brewing and leave them alone. Because the BP is over the spot it will stop you from touching them. I apply big blobs morning and night but if your going out then put some on when you get in and when you go to bed and it should reduce the size and heal the spot quicker than normal. Also you can ice the spot if it is starting to swell just keep adding ice for to the spots a few seconds at a time for a bout 5 mins and repeat through the day.

Char

#4 Bob1978

Bob1978

Loverboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (freakky @ Feb 11 2008, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allow me to impart my invaluable wisdom that I have gained over the years to this thread. I shall sip champagne whilst I do so.

A problem such as this requires no treatment until it is well developed, assuming it comes to that. I therefore recommend leaving it completely alone. That means no creams, gels, ice-cubes, or any other dermal application that requires vigorous finger action and pressure. Applying anything at this early stage will have very little effect on it's progress, since the problem lies deep under the skin. Touching it will only increase the chance of it becoming inflamed, especially since one is already able to feel it, due mainly to hard bits rupturing the pore walls.

The optimal time to apply anything is when the head appears closer to the surface, for both inflamed whiteheads and blackheads... again assuming it comes to that.

Note: two liters of cheap champagne have been consumed during the reading of this reply.

#5 pocahontas21

pocahontas21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Bob1978 @ Feb 11 2008, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (freakky @ Feb 11 2008, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allow me to impart my invaluable wisdom that I have gained over the years to this thread. I shall sip champagne whilst I do so.

A problem such as this requires no treatment until it is well developed, assuming it comes to that. I therefore recommend leaving it completely alone. That means no creams, gels, ice-cubes, or any other dermal application that requires vigorous finger action and pressure. Applying anything at this early stage will have very little effect on it's progress, since the problem lies deep under the skin. Touching it will only increase the chance of it becoming inflamed, especially since one is already able to feel it, due mainly to hard bits rupturing the pore walls.

The optimal time to apply anything is when the head appears closer to the surface, for both inflamed whiteheads and blackheads... again assuming it comes to that.

Note: two liters of cheap champagne have been consumed during the reading of this reply.

LOL.

That's pretty funny. I agree with Bob though. LEAVE THE PIMPLE(S) ALONE! Let your body take care of it. You will be glad you did later. I felt a pimple coming on my cheek last night and I was sooo tempted to keep touching it. But I left it alone and this morning I noticed it hadn't gotten any bigger and I believe it will go down soon. Let things work themselves out. Otherwise you will just irritate the area or cause infection to spread through your skin and most likely cause more little pimple friends to join the others.
MY REGIMEN:
(Since 2/11/08)

MORNING:
Gently cleanse with water
Moisturize with Complex 15

EVENING:
Gently cleanse with Purpose Face Wash
Moisturize with Complex 15

My Log

Beauty is not in the face;
beauty is a light in the heart."

-Khalil Gibran

#6 CET

CET

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:40 AM

Well my spots must be different to everyone else’s then because they never just go away once I feel something tender then it always turns into a spot no matter how carefull I am. I have tried endless things over the years and the 10%, 5% or 2.5% BP has always done the trick it also stops me from touching which is a big no no when a spot is first forming.

#7 ppx11

ppx11

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:28 PM

i hate these. i feel them coming and i know there's little i can do to stop it since they always form into the big hard bumps that take 1-2 weeks to go away. No head usually for me, just redness all around. Yay.

#8 Jessica8630

Jessica8630

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (freakky @ Feb 10 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont pick at it whatever you do! like the other ppl said you body will take care of it!

you can try and put a warm clean napkin or rag over it so that it will come to a head and then (its better not to but) use a clean needle to pop it a wipe the area. but i would recomend just leaving it alone smile.gif

#9 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

Try the suggestions at the bottom of my signature. Works for me.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!