Gritty, Sandy Feeling

2 replies to this topic

#1 P.J.W

P.J.W

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:31 AM

I've never had a real problem with needing to exfoliate, I had been using a product called 'Adidas facial scrub for men'. It worked really well, but I felt it was too rough on my skin as it seemed to irritate my ance quite badly, so recently my only form of exfoliation has been my electric shaver, which for obvious reasons, isn't covering my whole face and isn't really 'exfoliating' properly. My problem is that recently I am finding that when I apply BP I get a rather sandy, or gritty feeling under my fingers which I am SURE is dead skin.

My question is:
What are some good methods for exfoliating the skin that do not require the use of scrubs or peeling gels?

#2 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

Try one of the AHA moisturizers. Like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion or Lac-Hydrin Five.
But, I'm wondering about the gritty feeling. Skin flakes usually don't feel gritty. Could the grit be from your bp? Sometimes other brands of bp are gritty.

#3 cool as kim deal

cool as kim deal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

See the bottom two links in my signature. There are a few main methods people on the regimen use, some gentler than others. I know what you mean about the gritty feeling, I used to have that too and noticed it when washing my face or when I first started using jojoba oil. It was like little bits of sand on my skin. My preferred way to deal with this is the jojoba oil massage (second link in my signature) and regular jojoba oil use before applying BP. It takes some getting used to, but after a while the sandy feeling disappears after a while and your skin stays soft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users