Photo

Chia Seed

niacin calcium magnesium zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 anonymou5

anonymou5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

right on, chia seeds are an excellent superfood

#62 organicfanatic

organicfanatic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

I put chia seeds on everything smile.gif They are my favourite seeds, and a huge part in my Anti - Acne diet! I like them way more than flax because I don't have to grind them up, which can be a pain sometimes.

#63 *nightfall*

*nightfall*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

Omg chia seeds are amazing! Chia pudding is my fav. 1 part chia seeds, 2 parts almond milk. Throw in some cinnamon and sweeten with stevia. Stir well and let it set for about 15 mins. Its kinda like tapioca. =) YUMM

#64 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (*nightfall* @ May 14 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omg chia seeds are amazing! Chia pudding is my fav. 1 part chia seeds, 2 parts almond milk. Throw in some cinnamon and sweeten with stevia. Stir well and let it set for about 15 mins. Its kinda like tapioca. =) YUMM

I wish you'd posted that a few months ago when I bought some almond milk on clearance that was expiring in a few months. I never had a use for it. I figured some kind of pudding, but never looked up a recipe. So simple.

#65 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Fruit jam thickened with chia seeds rather than a lot of sugar.

I'll be experimenting with this. Although I don't have that much use for it since I rarely eat bread.  There's always all the pancake recipes posted on the better breads and alternatives thread...

For Strawberry chia seed Jam:

Ingredients:

• 2 & 1/4 cups chopped strawberries, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces 
  • 3-4 tbsp sugar, to taste
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds

Directions:   In a medium sized pot, add the chopped strawberries and sugar. Heat over low until the strawberries begin to sweat and it gets a bit watery. Once it heats down a bit, add in the chia seeds, and stir well. Bring to a boil and then simmer over low to medium heat for at least 10 minutes. Once it has thickened a bit, remove from heat and cool for 5-10 mins.

From some of the comments I removed as I pasted, this recipe didn't originate with this site, so there are probably more recipes and tips out there on the interwebs.  The link contains a oat bar recipe if you want it. contains wheat. And she's a vegan which is the reason for the 'chia egg' substitute for eggs.