Photo

Chia Seed

niacin calcium magnesium zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 anonymou5

anonymou5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

right on, chia seeds are an excellent superfood

#62 organicfanatic

organicfanatic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

I put chia seeds on everything smile.gif They are my favourite seeds, and a huge part in my Anti - Acne diet! I like them way more than flax because I don't have to grind them up, which can be a pain sometimes.
Diet: Start day with green drink. Vegetarian. NO SUGAR other than fruit. Anti inflammatory. No dairy. Stay away from wheat/gluten.

Supplements: Fish oil. Seabuckthorn oil. ACV. Alpha lipoic acid. Probiotic. Tumeric. Holy Basil. Ginger. Milk thistle. Dandelion. SPIRULINA. Wheatgrass.

#63 *nightfall*

*nightfall*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

Omg chia seeds are amazing! Chia pudding is my fav. 1 part chia seeds, 2 parts almond milk. Throw in some cinnamon and sweeten with stevia. Stir well and let it set for about 15 mins. Its kinda like tapioca. =) YUMM

#64 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (*nightfall* @ May 14 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omg chia seeds are amazing! Chia pudding is my fav. 1 part chia seeds, 2 parts almond milk. Throw in some cinnamon and sweeten with stevia. Stir well and let it set for about 15 mins. Its kinda like tapioca. =) YUMM

I wish you'd posted that a few months ago when I bought some almond milk on clearance that was expiring in a few months. I never had a use for it. I figured some kind of pudding, but never looked up a recipe. So simple.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#65 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Fruit jam thickened with chia seeds rather than a lot of sugar.

I'll be experimenting with this. Although I don't have that much use for it since I rarely eat bread.  There's always all the pancake recipes posted on the better breads and alternatives thread...

For Strawberry chia seed Jam:

Ingredients:

• 2 & 1/4 cups chopped strawberries, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces 
  • 3-4 tbsp sugar, to taste
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds

Directions:   In a medium sized pot, add the chopped strawberries and sugar. Heat over low until the strawberries begin to sweat and it gets a bit watery. Once it heats down a bit, add in the chia seeds, and stir well. Bring to a boil and then simmer over low to medium heat for at least 10 minutes. Once it has thickened a bit, remove from heat and cool for 5-10 mins.

From some of the comments I removed as I pasted, this recipe didn't originate with this site, so there are probably more recipes and tips out there on the interwebs.  The link contains a oat bar recipe if you want it. contains wheat. And she's a vegan which is the reason for the 'chia egg' substitute for eggs.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!