Photo

Horrible breakout with liver detox!

milk thistle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 silverlake

silverlake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

For the last few days I've been breaking out horribly everwhere on my face, even in areas where I hadn't had a spot in years, such as my forehead. The only thing I can connect this breakout to is the liver detox supplements I started taking a few days ago which include milk thistle, turmeric, dandelion etc... I also got bad headaches and generally felt sick all week (but this could be due to having my period, too, this week...). The supplement I'm taking is called Livercare.
I read somewhere these reactions are actually a good thing since more toxins are released into the bloodstream, hence the breakout. Is this reallly true? Can you get bad breakouts with a detox plan? I trully hope this is the case and that I'm getting rid of all the waste in my system!

#2 Glass Danse

Glass Danse

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

What has your diet been like while on this cleanse?

#3 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

if you are full of toxins and the elimination does not go fast enough because the channels are blocked this is what happens

#4 D.T.A

D.T.A

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Breakouts are quite common during a detox. Yes, I am afraid this means that it is working. cool.gif

#5 Hello!

Hello!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

Actually, the same thing happened to me. I did a liver flush last Sunday, and I had the worst breakout I've ever had, EVER. My poor face is still recovering.

Can anyone tell me if this happens every time while flushing? I want to do another one, but not if it's going to make me look like an ogre... Does the severity of liver flush breakouts seem to decrease with each succeeding flush?

#6 emperornext

emperornext

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:48 AM

It's possible to breakout after a liver flush as your body adjusts, but from other people experiences, they have had mild breakouts nothing like "the worst breakout...ever". I feel for you and want to try to help. What exactly did you do before, during and after your liver flush?

QUOTE (Hello! @ Feb 3 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, the same thing happened to me. I did a liver flush last Sunday, and I had the worst breakout I've ever had, EVER. My poor face is still recovering.

Can anyone tell me if this happens every time while flushing? I want to do another one, but not if it's going to make me look like an ogre... Does the severity of liver flush breakouts seem to decrease with each succeeding flush?

#7 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

that means that your body cannot get rid of the toxins, because the pathways are packed with them already. If you do not find other ways to support the detox and help your body to get rid of the toxins by clearing the pathways your body is simply going to absorb the toxins again. based on your body's reaction you need a more wholistic approach. just poppin the pill won't work for you

#8 treefeet

treefeet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

"Pathways" huh? Sounds very scientific.

Yeah, you better keep taking it so you can clear your "pathways" of those nasty toxins, which will some how result in clear skin, even though I don't know how, and neither does anyone else.

#9 Glennart

Glennart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

It sounds more like side effects than detoxing to me.

#10 Glass Danse

Glass Danse

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:19 AM

I dont know if youre still checking this, but youve gotta let us know what else youre doing. Its more than just taking a pill, you should be eating well to favor good digestion while on the diet, avoiding bad foods almost completely, and your hydration/water intake is also likely important. (Im not sure if this is your skin expelling toxins or not, but its preferrable to keep those inside you whether on a detox or not).

#11 Hello!

Hello!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (emperornext @ Feb 18 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's possible to breakout after a liver flush as your body adjusts, but from other people experiences, they have had mild breakouts nothing like "the worst breakout...ever". I feel for you and want to try to help. What exactly did you do before, during and after your liver flush?

QUOTE (Hello! @ Feb 3 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just followed the Curezone flush instructions. It's been two and half weeks now, and my face has healed very well (far quicker than I would have expected), and is more clear than it's ever been without medications, and I only get very minor breakouts from being stressed out. I'm not sure if my breakout from the flush had to do with the flush itself, or the flush and stress, because I was very stressed out at the time I did the flush. I'll be doing another one in a week or two, and judging by how well my skin is doing now, I may not need another.

Is there anything else I can do aside from the curezone steps that I should know about? I read a lot about fasting with apples and whatnot, but apples unfortunately break me out.

#12 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (fruitcocktail @ Feb 19 2008, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you better keep taking it so you can clear your "pathways" of those nasty toxins

quite the opposite. you will not have any benefits if the toxins are released through the stuff you are taking and then subsequently absorbed again by the body because the pathways are not clear and your body does not have what is needed to bind these vast amounts of toxins and remove them (minerals).

#13 merf

merf

Poser.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Believe @ Feb 19 2008, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (fruitcocktail @ Feb 19 2008, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you better keep taking it so you can clear your "pathways" of those nasty toxins

quite the opposite. you will not have any benefits if the toxins are released through the stuff you are taking and then subsequently absorbed again by the body because the pathways are not clear and your body does not have what is needed to bind these vast amounts of toxins and remove them (minerals).

Hi Believe,

I posted here looking for advice on liver detox and colon cleanse. My post was inspired by some of your posts, so I wonder if you might have advice for me?

http://www.acne.org/...p...=187727&hl=

Thanks!

#14 Lance_Ashford

Lance_Ashford

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

Products and supplements that you mentioned are products that are proven effective. One proven method that you may try is Liver Detoxification, many tried this and this and seen it effective.

Excessive linking.

Edited by Siava, 09 April 2010 - 08:07 AM.

#15 Rawhide

Rawhide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

What are these "toxins" that are blamed for everything ?
Has someone proved there are these toxins that your body can't get rid of ?

#16 clc111

clc111

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Rawhide @ Apr 9 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are these "toxins" that are blamed for everything ?
Has someone proved there are these toxins that your body can't get rid of ?

Cancer, diabetes, auto immune diseases and allergies are an example.

Too much exposure to asbestos could lead to mesothelioma
Heavy drinking could lead to liver cancer
Heavy smoking (direct or indirect) could lead to lung cancer

#17 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

-By "pathways", he means all the routes that toxins take to be removed from the body. The liver/bile and colon/poo, the kidneys/urine, lungs/breath, sinuses/mucous and *drumroll please* the skin/sweat/oils. Constipation, poor digestion, kidney/bladder problems, asthma or polluted air, allergies and stuffy nose, sluggish skin sloughing/not sweating could all be described as blocking these detox pathways.

Also by "pathways" one could be talking about Phase I or Phase II. Phase I includes enzymes acting on the toxic compound to metabolize it into a different substance, usually less harmful. In Phase II extra groups are bonded to the basic molecule, making it less harmful and more soluble
so it can be excreted from the body. Both of these phases require many vitamins, minerals and enzymes to be carried out efficiently. For example magnesium plays a large part in Phase I by acting on it's own and by activating many other enzymes. If it or any other nutrient etc was missing from the process you could say the pathway is being blocked.

-"Toxins" are anything damaging and/or unnatural to the body (see xenobiotics). These include byproducts of our own natural metabolism (lactic acid, urea, ammonia etc). Also, around 4,000,000 man-made chemicals have been described in scientific literature since 1965. Something like 6,000 new chemicals are added to the list every week and at least 70,000 are currently in production. Only a fraction of this toxic load has been adequately tested for the long term effects on human health.

-It is a fact that we get these into our body, and that most that actually get studied are shown to be harmful in large amounts. If they create obvious illness in large doses, it seems reasonable to say that even small amounts are not good for us- and when we get a little bit each of thousands through the air we breathe, food we eat, water we drink and wash in etc essentially creating having a toxic cocktail. It stands to reason that they need to be taken out of the body before they build up and kill us.....they are toxic so we call them toxins.

-Yes, detoxing your body can and should create symptoms on the skin. The skin is the best place to detoxify from and preferred by the body when other organs are overloaded or sick because it spares them the extra work. Helping any other eliminative pathways can help clear the skin to some degree.

Edited by ryudoadema, 10 April 2010 - 02:46 PM.