Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sun Block / Sun Cream for Acne Prone Skin?

6 posts in this topic

Hey! I'm going skiing and know I have to wear sunscreen. I was hoping to apply some makeup over it as we'll be going straight to apres ski bars after the slopes so i won't be able to change. In general, does anyone have any reccomendations for sun screens or sun blocks that won't make my face break out? The last time I went on a sun holiday I found the Clarins Sun Cream I used really didn't help prevent acne.

Well, this won't work to prevent acne, but this most likely will not contribute to any break outs. I LOVE Olay Complete All Day UV Defense Moisture Lotion, it has SPF 15. I don't know if that SPF is enough for you though. I use this just as an everyday sunblock on top of my makeup which already has an SPF. But it's great for acne prone skin.

If you are looking for a higher SPF, all of these got the highest rating on Paula Begoun's website in the category of 30+ SPF that are good for oily skin:

Neutrogena Active Breathable Sunblock SPF 30

Neutrogena Age Shield Sunblock SPF 30

Neutrogena Age Shield Sunblock SPF 45

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

Coppertone Ultra Sheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30

I personally have used the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock and liked it.

Devita SPF 30 for faces, all natural, zinc helps your skin heal

Neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch sunblock SPF 55 is my mainstay and I'm sticking with it.

Can any one recommend the best sun cream for going on holiday! that will help me not to break out?

Many thanks