Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clankfu

best electric shaver for acne

5 posts in this topic

I'm very prone to acne around the mouth area (upper lip, chin, corners of the mouth, right on the lip line, etc) and have been shaving with a single blade razor for awhile. It was working for awhile but I've broken out like crazy again these past couple of months. Can anyone who is also prone to mouth area breakouts recommend a good shaver?

I really doubt your razor is your problem.

For what it's worth I use a "Norelco Reflex Plus".

I like the Braun electric shaver with the self-cleaning system. I think it helped reduce the build up of skn, bacteria and stubble debris.

I like the Braun electric shaver with the self-cleaning system. I think it helped reduce the build up of skn, bacteria and stubble debris.

Interesting...doesn't Braun only make the "straight" foil type shavers? I ask this because the only way to get a decent shave with this style is against the grain. Wouldn't going against the grain cause unnecessary problems? I use a rotary style and shave with the grain. It may not yield the greatest shave, but certainly the MOST comfortable, for me anyways. I've got a very heavy beard, by the time I'm done with work, it looks like I'm ready for a shave...it grows really quick!!!

Volvo For Life!