Photo

Isotrex.

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 MichaelMorgan

MichaelMorgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

Hey thanks for your replies
My breakout looked like it was getting better but its getting worse again
I have a skin nurse appointment tomorrow and im going to discuss with her wether its worth sticking on at Isotrex. Im in my fifth or sixth week now and it's been breakout hell thus far. I've had no relenting in the painful, nearly cystic spots and hundreds of smaller bumps ive been getting.

Red, peeling and angry face hasnt been great either. But ive got a new attitude to it, im not letting it depress me and crush my confidence any more. I just want to fix it! So in that spirit, im off out tonight, despite the fact that its definitely not a good night for my skin. I dont care.

#22 MichaelMorgan

MichaelMorgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:42 AM

8.5 weeks in.
my skin is still miserable looking.

Now it has these dull blotchy brown "red marks" where id usually get red. I also have redness mind, and lots of tiny spots still. Funny how ive luckily had a decrease in major inflammatory acne but had a major increase in mild acne on Isotrex and Isotrexin.

Looks like I will be switching to Differin about week 10-11. They say you should start to see results after about 8 weeks. Ive seen only general worsening.

The results i have observed on Isotrex

+ Decrease in large inflamatory acne
+ Smoother Skin overall.
- Rapid increase in minor forehead acne where i never had it for a long time.
- Dryness on face.
- Dull complexion
- More acne on neck (not sure if related really)
- Spots tend to "bury" and linger bellow the surface.
- Much more minor chin acne.
- Redness looks angrier

#23 MichaelMorgan

MichaelMorgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

Im onto Differin from today on. Overall, Isotrexin helped me to an extent, but it also aggrivated my acne. I think it could definitely work for someone with another skin type, but my very sensitive, soft skin didn't react fantastically to its harshness

#24 MichaelMorgan

MichaelMorgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

Okay so today i was prescribed differin to go with my constant flow of eurthromycin.

I am going to trial differin for a few months and if my skin worsens significantly on it, we are switching back to isotrexin as i noticed the following in the past few days
- my skin has settled, is much less oily than it was in London, and isnt as agrivated.
- the right hand side of my face only gets a very occasional whitehead now, the main acne seems to be drying up.
- the left hand and forehad of my face still sucks and is worse than when i started.

These points make me question wether coming off of isotrexin right now is a good plan. But i know if i stuck on it i'd always be desperate to try differin instead due to the extremely slow progress made with isotrexin. So im going to try differin for a bit, let you guys know how thats going, then if it goes well, stick with it, if not, switch back to isotrexin.

#25 MichaelMorgan

MichaelMorgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

So im a couple of days into Differin now.
I noticed my skin has been looking a bit better. Less irritated, peely and angry, fewer new spots too, but have noticed tonight i have a lot of kind of congested pores and things which have obviously been there before. Just feels like a never ending cycle of new acne in development.

I have a question for everyone with acne.
Why the hell is it i have to wait until my acne gets "severe" before i find a treatment like accutane which is far more likely to work? Why am i made to suffer and basically go through potential acne scarring until i am allowed to walk in looking an absolute mess and finally be given accutane?

I appreciate why they try alternatives. But honestly.

#26 babyhuggles

babyhuggles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hey,

I know what you mean michael, to get roaccutane i think you've got to have at least try other things and allow your acne to get worst before it you are classed as severe?!!!

i've bee suffering with acne since i was 13, (now im 21) i was on dianette for 4 years and it was great! but unfortunately i began to get migraines and told to come off. Since coming off my skin has became really bad, and is resulting in scarring, ive got red blemishes, and is over my cheeks, chin and my back. My ance is really red, inflammed and sore. I was on erthyomcin(sp?) which did help a bit but made me sick. I'm now on doxycycline and zineryt which i started 5 weeks ago.....ive seen a little improvement. its really frustrating and getting me down because of the scarring and the acne. I go to the doctor tomorrow and was thinking of trying isotrex but after reading the posts im a bit wary! the last thing i want is my acne to flare up.

#27 MichaelMorgan

MichaelMorgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:25 AM

isotrexin might work for you! For me it did to an extent but definitely caused a severe flare up.
I'm doing pretty well on Differin right now. I'd suggest looking into that as it's not harsh on the skin. I've only got a few active major acne spots right now, i definitely, at the risk of jinxing it, am seeing some improvements now.

#28 b.nice

b.nice

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:38 AM

My acne flared up after I stopped taking the pill too. I've been on Isotrex since January and the initial flare up was pretty awful but since it tailed off my skin has been looking better than it has in years. I would say it's worth a try, but you should also consider starting with Differin rather than Isotrex.

#29 MichaelMorgan

MichaelMorgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Just so you know, even on Differin my skin is still having issues. I still have numerous pimples and am breaking out constantly. However, the only difference is these peoples dont turn cystic like they used to, But my skin looks a helluva lot worse now than it did when i started breaking out, but a helluva a lot better than it did about eight months ago.

I have been unlucky to have a dismissive dermatologist who only saw me ONCE and then a doctor and nurse who dont really know much about skin care and try whatever the textbooks say. They aren't considering my individual condition at all.

#30 svs22

svs22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

hi i am on my second week using isotrex, i have mild acne, my face breaksout whenever i am understress from school or around my menstral cycle. however , i hate the marks it leave , so i started using isotrex but I am from the Caribbean and there is sun all year round.What am i to do and my skin is supersensitive especially to sun screens so the only option i have now is to walk around with an umbrella, does anyone have any suggestions. eusa_wall.gif

#31 leavemealoneacne

leavemealoneacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:26 AM

Hi! I've been using Isotrex for three months now and my face has never been better. It's smoother, and I haven't had any new pimples for the longest time. I still get the occasional zits though(like this one I have right now). But I no longer break out like crazy, like before. Here's my regimen:

In the morning, I use Benzac AC 5. After it dries up, I use Celeteque moisturizer. After 10-15 minutes, I apply Neutrogena SPF 50 Dry Touch Sunblock. Then, I use Bare Minerals make-up. smile.gif

At night, I use Isotrex. I don't use moisturizer anymore for I did a little research and I learned that using the latter lessens Isotrex's efficacy. smile.gif

As for the initial breakout stage with Isotrex, I think I mine was pretty quick. But just so you know, it wasn't very bad. After a month of usage, my skin has cleared up drastically. You should stick with it. I promise, you won't regret it.

I've been using Isotrex Cream by the way. Now that I ran out, I purchased the Isotrex Gel since the pharmacy ran out of it in cream form. Does anyone know the difference between Isotrex Cream and Isotrex Gel? smile.gif

#32 mattyice96

mattyice96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hey everyone sorry this is so late, but can anybody tell me if Isotrex/Isotrexin is available in the U.S, I'm from Virginia and have a derm. apointment in about a week and I really want this stuff but heard rumors it's not available in the U.S should I ask the derm or is it unavailable in the U.S please help! (a lot of questions, sorry)

#33 jan1ce

jan1ce

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi guys! I just wanted to share my experience with ISOTREX. I know this is kinda late but this would probably still help you and the others who are thinking about using ISOTREX. First of all, I found out about this forum while i was researching about ISOTREX. My doctor had prescribed it after telling her that I have used benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin, adapalene, fha, miconazole (thats a lot in the regimen, right) as prescribed by my previous doctor. Well they worked but i was still having zits, etc.. I wanted to know if others thought ISOTREX was a good treatment for acne as I was getting really impatient. My acne became severe after I stopped using my treatments (and after several months of stress) and I wanted results fast!!! I never saw an improvement from ISOTREX after using it for two weeks so I went back to my doctor to tell her im worried. She reassured me that normally the acne comes out at first and but will eventually go away and that I should just trust in it. A month and still no results. So i stopped and tried other creams. Then I realized after so much reading that acne doesnt go away quickly and that I have to be patient. So I went back to ISOTREX, trusted my doctor's word and persevered few weeks of acne..What could go worse than already having acne, right?? After almost 4 months of using isotrex.. my FACE cleared up!!!!! it worked!!!! and the results are better!!! until now im still using it once in a while. the only thing i regretted are the scars that were caused by my pricking.. so dont prick at all!!!

here's my regimen:

am:
1. mild soap
2. clindamycin astringent
3. differin (adapalene is good for small acne)

pm:
1. mild soap
2. isotrex ( not to be used together with benzoyl peroxide. for me its best when used alone)

hope this helps guys.. just be really patient and prepare for the breakouts! :)