Started Accutane 01-22-08 Lets see the changes

22 replies to this topic

#21 vg1234

vg1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

I had very bad acne when i was 15-16 years old. I tried lots of differents things to treat it, e.g. doctor creams, freederm, face washes etc. and nothing fulled cleared it up. So eventually i took ro-accutane for 4 months, and it ruined my whole life. Ever since then my whole life has changed. I started to develop mental issues in my head and very bad depression, I don't feel motivated to do anything, i don't see anything to look forward to. Nothing interests me as much as it used to. I used to be a very happy person looking forward to make a living but after this i quit school because i couldn't cope and i didn't even care that i quit. I started to have loads of suicide thoughts also. I am 17 years old now and i quit school in 2013 march and haven't been since. I don't know how i plan to make a living, i don't feel motivated to finish my a-levels which i quit halfway through, even though i got A in A-Level Maths. 

I wish i could be happy

#22 sts54

sts54

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Can anyone tell me if Accutane helped their indented, pitted, boxcar or rolling scars? A lot of people on realself are suggesting to use Accutane to help fill in scars. Has anyone had any luck seeing a difference if you have those kind of scars? Not pigmented, just pitted.

Thank you

#23 Casey23F on Accutane

Casey23F on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Can anyone tell me if Accutane helped their indented, pitted, boxcar or rolling scars? A lot of people on realself are suggesting to use Accutane to help fill in scars. Has anyone had any luck seeing a difference if you have those kind of scars? Not pigmented, just pitted.

Thank you

I think the best thing for acne scars/pits is time and vitamin E.  I've also heard that topical neosporin whilst on Accutane can improve them.

As for another comment asking about good lotions - I've heard nothing but amazing things about CeraVe.  It's thick enough to help with the flaky skin but light enough to not break you out.

I'm also tracking my Accutane journey here, so if anyone wants to follow or has suggestions, I'd GREATLY appreciate it 

http://www.acne.org/...4-pre-accutane/

Cheers!

Edited by VioletVelvet, 22 September 2014 - 08:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users