Started Accutane 01-22-08 Lets see the changes

22 replies to this topic

#1 Jon 22/M on Accutane

Jon 22/M on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

Alright so I started 40MG today of Accutane Roche.

I have been dealing with Acne in a mild/Moderate manner for 6 years now and finally I have decided enough is enough. My social life meeting women has been lacking confidence with this wonderful thing called Acne. My work life I think will only improve with the confidence of clear skin and I definitely have high hopes for this product. I have no insurance as I own my own business but defintely when it comes to clear skin money is not an issue for me.

I am really excited about whats to come hopefully not a terrible IB but at this point bring it on as long as clear skin is a result in the next 6 months. I have been taking a bunch of pictures with my iphone of before starting so I will probably post them as well.

Right now I have a pretty good amount of Acne on my forehead, which has been ongoing for the past 3 weeks, usually i only have very mild acne on my forehead. But hey I get to wear a hat with everything, dress shirts, workout clothes, etc. I also have some scarring on my face, which is one of the main things I am hoping will die down. I also had a big one that is dying down on my left cheek closer to my nose and one that is hurting above my chin. Among several others sneaking around. Just recently I started also gettting Acne on my back although very small and mild it still sucks.

So there it is I am ready to go and look forward to day two and beyond.
I also bought some Dr Dans lip balm I found online as I hear dry lips will come and I was born with bloody noses at least once every 2 weeks so I have already prepared for that.

One strange note I went to a new dermatologist because when i used to work for a company I had some crappy Kaiser insurance, but i found one that was recommended and within 20 minutes I walked out with a prescription for 40MG of Accutane, she is supposedly one of the tops in San Diego but damn that was pretty easy.

#2 missypooh

missypooh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, shopping, a day at the beach!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Jon 22/M on Accutane @ Jan 23 2008, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright so I started 40MG today of Accutane Roche.

I have been dealing with Acne in a mild/Moderate manner for 6 years now and finally I have decided enough is enough. My social life meeting women has been lacking confidence with this wonderful thing called Acne. My work life I think will only improve with the confidence of clear skin and I definitely have high hopes for this product. I have no insurance as I own my own business but defintely when it comes to clear skin money is not an issue for me.

I am really excited about whats to come hopefully not a terrible IB but at this point bring it on as long as clear skin is a result in the next 6 months. I have been taking a bunch of pictures with my iphone of before starting so I will probably post them as well.

Right now I have a pretty good amount of Acne on my forehead, which has been ongoing for the past 3 weeks, usually i only have very mild acne on my forehead. But hey I get to wear a hat with everything, dress shirts, workout clothes, etc. I also have some scarring on my face, which is one of the main things I am hoping will die down. I also had a big one that is dying down on my left cheek closer to my nose and one that is hurting above my chin. Among several others sneaking around. Just recently I started also gettting Acne on my back although very small and mild it still sucks.

So there it is I am ready to go and look forward to day two and beyond.
I also bought some Dr Dans lip balm I found online as I hear dry lips will come and I was born with bloody noses at least once every 2 weeks so I have already prepared for that.

One strange note I went to a new dermatologist because when i used to work for a company I had some crappy Kaiser insurance, but i found one that was recommended and within 20 minutes I walked out with a prescription for 40MG of Accutane, she is supposedly one of the tops in San Diego but damn that was pretty easy.

Welcome Jon! I'm on Accutane as well; 20 mg a day - and I'm only about 12 days ahead of you, so I look forward to checking in to see how you're doing!! Good luck - and I'm with you: if an initial breakout is what we have to endure to get to the final frontier of clear skin, bring it on. I'm going thru some new cysts right now, but guess what? I'd have 'em anyway - that's why I started Accutane!

Hang in there - - and keep using the Dr. Dan's balm....my MD recommended it and so far, no problems except SLIGHT dryness........ See ya!! Patti smile.gif

#3 Jon 22/M on Accutane

Jon 22/M on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

Thanks for taking a moment to post Patti!
Yea I am not worried at all about the IB if it does come. I am still way excited to finally be on this, I remember first thinking about trying it 3 years ago and its great to finally take that step.

Today was day two, nothing to really update on I have had a headache and was tired all day, but I think the tired part was more of working and waking up so early and this month just dragging on.

No new breakouts to report
I would love to say more but this damn headache is bothering me.

#4 the_champ

the_champ

hello

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:48 AM

good luck and keep us posted
meaning of life

#5 helga22

helga22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

hi jon,
your story sounds a lot like mine (22, started with acne 6 years ago, started accutane tuesday) except that i am a girl. : o ). good luck and i hope it all works out for you!
andrea

#6 Jon 22/M on Accutane

Jon 22/M on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

Alright so day 3 and day 4 have passed. No real news to report, only problem spots are my forehead wich is really red and has alot of pimples on the right side above my eye. Also I have a decent sized pimple to the left of my left eye in the in between spot of your hair and your eye. I always seem to get one there and they usually are painful and this one is defintely painful. My face is surprisingly pretty clear besides these things.

So I am now 100% sure that smoking causes acne (for me). I new this before and would stop smoking for weeks to months and would have very clear skin besides scars and occasional pimple. When i say smoking i mean maybe 1-2 cigarettes when drinking on a Friday or Saturday night or the occasional bong rip or blunt pass once every two weeks. I am not talking about smoking daily. It really only takes me one cigarette and I will have bad acne all week. So one thing that sucks is I know if I wasnt taking accutane and didnt smoke anything my acne would get better anyways. So how do I know its really working, or if its just because i stopped smoking? Because once I new I was getting accutane even before finally seeing the dermatoligist i had about 2 weeks before I actually took it and I was defintely smoking during this time which caused me to have bad acne right now because I new i was getting the accutane anyways. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this, Im not quite sure if there is a question in this but hopefully there is a response.
I am not saying I cant go without smoking but damn this could be a waste to be on accutane if im not going to smoke anyways, which by not smoking alone will cause me to have a much better complexion with still very mild acne.

Thats my thoughts today.

#7 Tyler Evans

Tyler Evans

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

I started the same day you did! Keep strong man, smoking is so hard to quit. You will be so pleased to have no acne, and no addictions! Good luck!!
________________________________________________________________________________

Feel Free to Send or Post Recommendations!!

Tyler's on-going accutane log!

My Regimen:
Accutane 40mg x2 a day
Zinc 50mg x2 a day
Cetaphil Non-comedogenic, no fragrance moisturizer
Cetaphil Non-comedogenic Cream
Head and Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo
Purpose Soap
Carmex Lip Balm
Aquaphor

#8 Jon 22/M on Accutane

Jon 22/M on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:38 AM

Alright so I am posting pictures before i started, and also after pictures so far.

01/10/07 a day or two before the first visit to the derm
http://www.slide.com...P?referrer=hlnk
http://www.slide.com...K?referrer=hlnk
http://www.slide.com...1?referrer=hlnk

01/16/07 After ordering The accutane online
http://www.slide.com...s?referrer=hlnk
http://www.slide.com...A?referrer=hlnk
http://www.slide.com...B?referrer=hlnk

01/23/07 A day after starting Accutane
http://www.slide.com...k?referrer=hlnk

01/25/07 4 days into accutane
http://www.slide.com...q?referrer=hlnk
http://www.slide.com...7?referrer=hlnk
http://www.slide.com...c?referrer=hlnk

Also notice my ance gets alot worse when I smoke and pictures up until actually starting i was smoking a cigarette or a little weed once every few days since I new I was getting on Accutane. Once again people who think smoking doesnt cause acne it does for some people the majority it doesnt. But this has nothign to do with smoking since i have a phone thats easy to take pictures I will start adding pics in alot more so you can really see the progress.

#9 Jon 22/M on Accutane

Jon 22/M on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

Alright so one week down. Right now my forhead is getting better but still need to wear a hat as a ihave a few good sized ones on my forehead still and its very red. I have 2 big pimples that have sprung up between my eyes and the top of my side burns on both sides of my face, they are nasty but hopefully will die down. The rest of my face is pretty good no new acne to report on my face. Just small pimples hardly noticeable by on my chin and jawline.

Side Effects to report:
Had 1 bloody nose, but for me I get them from genetics anyways.
Headaches the first few days nothing since then.
Lazyness definitely but coffee helps this.
Lips have been fine I have Dr Dans Corti Balm
I think I am noticing dandruff so I may need to switch shampoos.
For some reason my gums are really sensitive not sure if its from switching toothbrushes or what I dont think its from Accutane though.

I have been drinking a good amount of water I had maybe 5 beers total all weekend not bad.
So that is week 1!

#10 Jon 22/M on Accutane

Jon 22/M on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

Alright so I will start off by saying I feel like i am writing this only for myself by lack of responses but whatever..
So today was pill number nine at 40MG...

I have probaly 2 new pimples on my cheek but they are very small and hardly noticeable. I am starting to notice alot of my acne is now drying out and peeling which is good. My forehead is getting better but still need to wear a hat to prevent people staring directly at my forehead which still looks like a danger zone. I had two big pimples on my temple which are now dying down but still noticeable I put some crazy alcohol spot treatment shit that i vowed to never use about a year ago because it burns alot and leaves my acne worse then before but these 2 things were monstrous i had to try it as I have no BP besides my BP wipes which arent good for going after a few pimples. Anyways those two Pimples are better now just very dry and peeling.

You can always count on a family member to remind you that you still dont have a clear face. I havent really gone out since starting Accutane not sure why i think it has to do with not being able to drink much while on accutane but anyways I havent seen my sister since before I started accutane and I always can tell how my face is doing by her comments as this is usually the first thing she says...

So i go and talk with her just waiting for her to say wow your acne is really clearing up or somethign sweet like this and she just says is accutane going to help the scars on your face, and bammm I am shot back to reality and realize once again I have alot of scars from picking at my pimples for so many years. I was looking into MaMa Lotion and really have no clue if I should be using this while on Accutane but I really want to. Does anyone know?

Also should I be taking Vitamin C and Fish Oil or is this an unproven thing. I dont want to get it unless someone specifically tells me to. I think maybe the Fish Oil thing from reading other peoples blogs because I eat pretty healthy and usually I dont eat alot of fat in my diet so when I take my Tane this could help digest quicker or something like that.

Anyways I have more new pictures but since no one commented on my old ones I am not going to update pics alot
I still feel pretty lazy, lips are pretty chapped I constantly put Dr Dans chap stick on I dont know if its helping better compared to other brands as I havent used any other brands.

Also I felt a little dissapointed in reading someones blog that said caffine was his reason he was breaking out he realized, I really do believe everyone has different things that make them breakout and once you realize them you are way better off and most people just dont want to believe somethign they really enjoy is the reason for breakouts. For example for me smoking 1 cigarette will make me break out or smoking weed. This is definitely proven in my own case so dont tell me otherwise, and I feel there could be other things but caffine damn i would be screwed if that was the reason because I am not giving up coffee.

Alright I am off thanks to everyone once again for not reading this so I can look back on this 6 months later and realize how much time I wasted with trying to use wit, stories, pictures in my blog, when I could have just said Day 9 no real breakouts to report still dryness thanks.

#11 juin

juin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

I'd say no to Mama. I'm on day 16?17? and I think I noticed dryness much much more around day 10 ish, which is where you are, and mama is going to dry/irritate your skin further. I bought a tube way long ago and didn't see much benefits, and it seemed to sting too much so I gave up on that stuff. I also started breaking out in cystic acne again after using mama.
Accutane 1/14/08 - 06/05/08

log: http://www.acne.org/...p;#entry2159293

#12 pedroal3xandre

pedroal3xandre

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:You & Me

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:04 AM

Good luck bro! I will start acuttane too, today!:)

#13 doejane

doejane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hey there...
I have been reading your log... so you do have a fan. smile.gif
I cant offer a lot of help though, because I just dont know. I am about 3 or 4 days ahead of you on accutane.
But I know what you are saying... No one comments on mine either... LOL.

And the coffee! I agree... there is no way I am giving up on my coffee. But like you, I believe it is different for everyone.
Read my log to see more.
Anyway.. I do like to see the pictures, so post them at the very least for yourself!

Try Cetaphil cream for your face... Its very gentle but an excellent moisturizer.

doejane

#14 Danieljpsaka

Danieljpsaka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Good luck buddy

#15 hope2013

hope2013

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

I can completely relate. I have had moderate persistent acne for 10 years now and I am finally deciding to try Accutane. I hope all goes well with your Accutane journey. I haven't read all of your posts, but I plan to !

xoxo

Hopeful

#16 Derekrdavis

Derekrdavis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Does anyone know if taking Probiotics is ok with accutane? Also Ive  noticed that when I wear my contacts I get sort of pressure headaches and when I wear my glasses they arent as bad. Does anyone know if this could because of accutane? I never noticed myself and just dont wanna psych myself out. Thanks!

#17 CoralShine

CoralShine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

Does anyone know if taking Probiotics is ok with accutane? Also Ive  noticed that when I wear my contacts I get sort of pressure headaches and when I wear my glasses they arent as bad. Does anyone know if this could because of accutane? I never noticed myself and just dont wanna psych myself out. Thanks!HHmm...

Hmm.. don't know about the probiotics...

But I am currently on day three and already notice that my contacts are becoming uncomfortable to wear and give me headaches :(

#18 Lexi38

Lexi38

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I had my last dose September 2013.  The best thing I have ever done for my skin. I was lucky my Dermatologist is very aggressive and he had me start on 40mg and then he had be at 80mg. 80mg per day for 7 months.  I wore a lot of sunscreen, a hat and I used a facial hydrating mist to sooth the dry skin. I drank a lot of water and used a soothing moisturizer   I also had soothing facials done my my esthetician who I made aware that I was on Accutane.   Best thing I have ever done and I would do it again.

#19 Purple31

Purple31

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Hi Lexi, you tell me what facial mist you used?  Ive been looking for one becuase moisturizing just twice a day doesnt seem like enough!

#20 EpicBro

EpicBro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:28 year old male. Active. Mild

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Try Cerave lotion and cleanser they are the best. Limit Dairy intake. Coffee- Is probable fine if it's only once a day- Truvia is a great sugar alternative and healthy. Almond milk instead of regular- better for you and tastes better. Try it! Probiotics are fine as well as Betaine HCL which is a great digestive enzyme. Apple cider vinegar can do wonders as well. -3 tablespoons a day...

Now my question is accutane worth it for me. My opinion its not :

Looking for some advice on accutane. I am a 27 year old male. Have mild acne 1-2 pimples a week at most, nothing cystic at all. However, it comes and it goes and all the other treatments do treat it and it gets better. However, it comes back. BP seems to work the best. I have tried everything though, you name it. I have had it for 10 years. But again it's mild. Sometimes I don't get a zit for a few weeks, I know it could be worse believe me, but it does really bother me like everyone else. I went to a DERM and she surprisingly gave me 20mg of accutane to start, and she was hesitant at first but did it. I am really concerned about trying it after doing all the research. I am active, and exercise a lot. Don't want the sore the joints. I also am very concerned about the initial breakout (IB). I mean my acne is not that bad right now. Is there a possibility it wont get worse, and I won't get an IB? I have read so much and just want some advice. My acne is not that bad, and paying 1000$+ to make it worse at first seems like a big risk along with all the other side effects. I can't make up my mind. I bought the clavaris yesterday for 220$ again 20mg a day for the first month. Low dose to start, I only weigh 160LBs. I may return it, and hold off as I have some important events coming up this summer. What is shaving like with it? And does no one use any other treatment while on- benzoyl peroxide, AHA for pigmentation etc... Thanks to all! Hope you conquer ACNE. I know it sucks and it affects everyone differently but somewhat the same. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users