Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vasaline (petroleum jelly) a good moisturizer?

13 posts in this topic

vaseline, in the little tub, is a very good moisturizer--for your feet, for your lips, elbows--extremely bad for face!

one of my friends was told to put on vaseline on her face when she was like twelve by a stupid bully.

chyea, she broke out major! Don't do it.

a great moisturizer would be Murad's Skin perfecting lotion. The best, I think, out there.

The moisturizer I am using (check my signature) is almost the same and with SPF.

morning

Wash with Cetaphil Face Cleanser

Olay Complete moisturizer

evening

Wash with Cetaphil Face Cleanser

NuCelle 15% Mandelic Acid Serum

TriNessa - got off BC

Doxycycline 100mg - got off

GNC Ultra Mega Women's Supplement

1-2 Fish Oil capsules daily.

I try to get facials every month (every 4-8 weeks)

I drink water constantly (and also pee constantly). I avoid bad foods and don't drink sodas.

I eat lots of fruits and veggies and I don't let things stress me out.

acne free. woot woot!

Petroleum jelly generally isn't comedogenic but for some people it breaks their skin out. However, my skin is totally fine if I rub it all over my face. It's not really a moisturizer since it's supposed to seal in whatever moisture your skin already has, but it does feel nice the next morning. It's greasy-looking and doesn't absorb very quickly so don't use it during the day.

And no, it doesn't provide sun protection... but it might relieve the pain of sun burns.

calla lilly is correct.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

actually it is non comedogenic

dont go to the cosmetics counter without me says its actually good for healing and great moisturizer

my sister uses vaseline creamy...with vit E and she loves it

u will get a nasty burn, stay out af the sun but its

great to use indoors when it's hot & dry out side.

Just a thin layer,that's all u need to keep the moisture in.

I use LUCA'S PAPAW OINTMENT. It's made in Australia

Try to find some you will LOVE IT.

I use it everynight and it never breaks me out , infact it helps me with my acne and scars, it lightens them up alot. all my red scars are almost about gone and my skin used to be very dry and would even peel now it doesnt at all and it has so much moisture sometimes i dont even need to apply lotion. but it is not a sunscreen i reccomend neutrogena healthy defense sunscreen it's spf is 100 and it works really well and it doesnt break you out . but i'm guessing petroleum jelly might break people out because of course everyone is different and has different side effects to what they put on their skin

I use it as more of a treatment like the others vs as a moisturizer. It's nice and soothing. If you have a good serum or moisturizer with active ingredients you could layer for Vaseline over that when you are at home for added benefits. There is no inherent sun protection in Vaseline.

I really like Unpetroleum jelly as a moisturizer. It's heavy and thick like Vaseline but better ingredients.

Is vaseline a good morning moisturizer...does it provide any sort of sun protection?

Not 2 be used on ur face as it is not non-comedogenic and will clog pores.

Routine:

MORNING: Murad Facial Wash-

Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Spot Treatment-

CeraVe Facial Moisturizer-

NIGHT: Murad Facial Wash-

Retin-A-

(Started 10/2013)

DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.

^no, as others have mentioned years ago in this thread: it is considered non-comedogenic. It doesn't moisturize, though, as it is an occlusive and not an emolient or humectant.

^no, as others have mentioned years ago in this thread: it is considered non-comedogenic. It doesn't moisturize, though, as it is an occlusive and not an emolient or humectant.

[/size]I actually called Vaseline and inquired about this, sounless they do not know about their own products, I am going to take them at theirword.

Routine:

MORNING: Murad Facial Wash-

NIGHT: Murad Facial Wash-

Retin-A-

(Started 10/2013)

DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.

well, vaseline is just a brand name and they are certainly not the only manufacturer of petroleum jelly. It's usually listed as petrolatum on the ingredient list and is part of many, many products.

The petrolatum molecule is actually too big to penetrate the skin, so I'm not sure how it would cause acne. I have yet to see any evidence that petrolatum can cause acne, and I've looked.

Saying that a customer service agent at Vaseline told you that their product causes acne is just an "appeal to authority" (and not even a very good authority at that as this unidentified customer service agent isn't the most credible source when it comes to determining the comedogenicity of ingredients).

Sorry, your answer just doesn't fly...

'not to be used on face' who are you the petroleum jelly police?....lol...

so anyway, i use this stuff every day and every night on my face, lips, chin, forehead. it never breaks me out and a little goes a long way.

I find it a great moisturiser, how many moisturisers have only 1 ingredient? this one! it helps your bp or other acne medication go on easier and will stop the stinging and drying effects. mix with your make up too ladies, it helps spread out products and soften the skin. I love this stuff!!!

YES I use it all the time! I have crazy super sensitive skin and can't use most moisturizers but Vaseline always works! Actually I use a generic brand that's 100% petroleum jelly, I'd say to just make sure it doesn't have any oil added or anything

People's reactions to using petroleum jelly ranged from a firm no to raving reviews. So just try it out on a little patch of skin to see if it works for you! In my experience, it has been pretty okay but I would advise anyone to use it sparingly, and probably not in the day when you're out and your skin is producing more oil and there's more exposure to dirt. By the way, Equate has one with Vitamin E and Aloe which sounds good!

My mom used to rub some on all (siblings) our faces before we went out into the cold during winter on our way to school.