Photo

Frutels?

vitamin vitamins pantothenic pantothenic acid folic acid biotin thiamine riboflavin niacin zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

So I stumbled upon this thread.

http://www.healthboa...ad.php?t=539087

Then I looked up some reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000GHHULO

Seems very promising.

Here are the ingredients.

per 2 frutels
Vitamin C 50 mg
E 27 IU
thiamine 7 mg
riboflavin 7 mg
niacin 7 mg
B6 7 mg
folic acid 27 mcg
B12 7 mcg
biotin 7 mg
pantothenic acid 7 mg
zinc 3.34 mg
PABA 7 mg
choline 7 mg
inositol 7 mg

Any thoughts? Anyone experimented with these?

#2 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

it's just a b complex, you can get a b complex anywhere. The amounts are good though, not too high, might make taking a b complex spread out over the day easier. Key factor though, what are the other ingredients?

Edit, I looked up the ingredients, and it is sugar free which is good, but it says "two herbal ingredients" but won't say what they are, which bugs me. But if it works, it works, it could be good, give it a shot.
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements
- 50,000 IU Vitamin D once a week
- 250 - 500mgs calcium citrate per day
- 1,000mgs Vitamin C per day

General Dietary Principles
- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- Avoid hydrogenated oils
- Snack frequently (important!)
- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).
- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

#3 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (LiliVG @ Jan 17 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's just a b complex, you can get a b complex anywhere. The amounts are good though, not too high, might make taking a b complex spread out over the day easier. Key factor though, what are the other ingredients?

But its not JUST a b complex. As you can see they include vitamin C, Zinc, etc.

On paper, it does seem like an ordinary blend of B complex and a few other vitamins and minerals, however the theread and the reviews on amazon are what got me interested!

#4 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Bigger @ Jan 17 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On paper, it does seem like an ordinary blend of B complex and a few other vitamins and minerals, however the theread and the reviews on amazon are what got me interested!

But that's my point, you don't necessarily need this brand. I found a b complex helps my skin a lot too, and I've never used frutels. Actually b complex is a major part of my regimen of taurine, b complex, cayenne and a low sugar/refined product diet.
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements

- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane
- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).
- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

#5 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (LiliVG @ Jan 17 2008, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that's my point, you don't necessarily need this brand. I found a b complex helps my skin a lot too, and I've never used frutels. Actually b complex is a major part of my regimen of taurine, b complex, cayenne and a low sugar/refined product diet.

Oh, I know. But if you read the thread, the thread starter mentions that she's tried a B-complex with the combination of Zinc and other minerals included in the ingredients, yet she did not get clear.

If you supplement yourself, the doses would be way off. Who knows..

#6 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Bigger @ Jan 17 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I know. But if you read the thread, the thread starter mentions that she's tried a B-complex with the combination of Zinc and other minerals included in the ingredients, yet she did not get clear.

Right, but that's only One person. A few other people said frutels made them break out worse, and a few others said it didn't do anything, so, I don't know...
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements

#7 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (LiliVG @ Jan 17 2008, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you read that a few said it made them break out worse?

I skimmed through the entire thread, and most of the results were pretty positive it seemed, same as the Amazon reviews.

Right, but that's only One person. A few other people said frutels made them break out worse, and a few others said it didn't do anything, so, I don't know...

#8 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

MY SON TOOK THIS PRODUCT FOR 3 WEEKS. we didn't care so much about the bad smell and high price- it was the break out all over his back that was the problem. we had high hopes but this product just made things worse!!

I've tried a lot of acne products but Frutels is far by the worst. It caused me to break out severely. I usually have mild acne, but this made my face even worse. I absolutely don't recommend this product.

Overall there are more people who said it helped, then people who said it made them worse or didn't help at all, but my point is, if only One person says something, it's not necessarily representative of what would happen for everyone. I think for most people a general b complex would help, and wouldn't be nearly so expensive (!)

QUOTE (Mr. Bigger @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (LiliVG @ Jan 17 2008, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you read that a few said it made them break out worse?

I skimmed through the entire thread, and most of the results were pretty positive it seemed, same as the Amazon reviews.

Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements

#9 Mr. Bigger

Mr. Bigger

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Oh ok, thanks LiliVG. I didn't even see those. Looks like its not worth it. I mean, had it been a 100 reviews, of which 90 were positive, it would be worth a try.

#10 fil

fil

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

It's probably a rip-off smile.gif.
The ingredients are fine, but you can get them cheaper.
DIET
[*] Mostly meats: chicken, ground beef and sometimes pork
[*] Smoked salmon
[*] Eggs
[*] Drink 2l of water each day
[*] Nuts: almonds, walnuts
[*] Veggies: onions, bell peppers, avocados, carrots,...
[*] Fruits: Limited to once a day

-> every meal consists of meat + a smaller portion of veggies

[*]Avoid: refined foods/dairy/sugar/bread

SUPPLEMENTS
[*] Omega3
[*] Vitamin C
[*] Chromium

#11 DeAntonio

DeAntonio

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

expensive and low doses....

3 mg of Zinc ?

try 50 MG

50 MG of Vit C ?

try 5000

#12 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (DeAntonio @ Jan 17 2008, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
expensive and low doses....

3 mg of Zinc ?

try 50 MG

50 MG of Vit C ?

try 5000

lol, no kidding! 50 mg of vitamin c is nothing! 3 mg of zinc is only enough for them to say they put some in there.
Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements

#13 neuf08

neuf08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:09 AM

Yea, when it comes to supplements I think you're always better off getting a basic, good quality supplement instead of these combinations of things marketed for specific uses. I'd rather get the individual supplements and know they are good for other things as well. Try some cayenne pepper extract as well(http://www.seacoastv...?health=cayenne). It's really so excellent for the entire body and has so many uses. You can try adding cayenne pepper to your diet, but it's usually easier to just use a supplement to make sure you are getting enough (and some people also take a long time to build up much tolerance for the heat as well). Zinc never helped me much, but I think the cayenne pepper is great.