Clogged hair folicles on legs and whiteheads/blackheads on arms

4 replies to this topic

#1 CitizenPanda

CitizenPanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

My legs are pretty hair and the hair folicles always seem to be clogged... It's difficult to say if it's acne or just that way. My upper arms also tend to have white heads all the time.

I started using Dial Antibacterial Body Wash in place of my old one and it seems to be helping a bit, and I wash with Aqua Glycolic as well. But is there a product that I can apply after a shower to my legs and arms to prevent white heads/blackheads and clogged hair follicles?

#2 JustaMomToo

JustaMomToo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:50 AM

Hi~

"But is there a product that I can apply after a shower to my legs and arms to prevent white heads/blackheads and clogged hair follicles?"

Any products used for whiteheads/blackheads/clogged hair follicles in general can be used to clear up those areas. Since you like that new Dial Antibacterial Wash you've been using, you could try using one of those soft nylon scrubbies on a stick with that wash. I know those salicylic washes or bp washes, when applied to that little scrubby, have worked wonders on kids I know. Shinguards or shoulder pads sometimes lead to breakouts, along with sweaty uniforms, and the BP cleansers or salicylic cleansers used with those scrubbies works well to exfoliate those difficult leg/arm areas and shoulders/back areas as well. Since you already have the Dial wash, I would first see if adding the scrubbie helps, then you could continue trying other products if the Dial and scrubbie doesn't work well. Also read the links around here for more tips on exfoliation and clogged pore products for bodies, etc. I really think because of your hair, you just need a little more exfoliation with the products.

#3 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:03 AM

Don't laugh....but have you considered using a baby's hair brush for whole body exfoliation? It really works and feels good, too. smile.gif The baby's hair brush method also allows topicals to penetrate better, like on the legs where winter temps and heating usually makes them look dry and flaky.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#4 CitizenPanda

CitizenPanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Wynne @ Jan 15 2008, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't laugh....but have you considered using a baby's hair brush for whole body exfoliation? It really works and feels good, too. smile.gif The baby's hair brush method also allows topicals to penetrate better, like on the legs where winter temps and heating usually makes them look dry and flaky.

I never could find a Baby hair brushed, looked before in Children's Place but the one I went to didn't have em.

Thanks for the tips about exfoliation, I guess I will just scrub harder from now on heh.

#5 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me
  • Interests:music, design, fashion, art, shopping, the beach, the ocean, reading, drawing, writing, sleeping, food, architecture, romanticism, idealism, travel, makeup, cartoons

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

I get little bumps on the back of my arms. 2 things keep my arms clear:
Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel (salycic acid), applied once a day
Or
A witch hazel astringent (with no alcohol) I got at a local health food store; applied once a day. I'm actually using it all over now too, just to keep any random body zits in check. It's cheaper than Paula's stuff.

Also, keep well moisturized. I use Lac-Hydrin Five or Cetaphil moisturizing cream on my body.
In the shower I use a loofah and cetaphil soap (gentle kind), but that in itself doesn't make a difference.

I also have issue with my legs, but it's from shaving. All of the above helps, but nothing has cleared them except a prescription from the derm (which was only temporary, and now my problem is back eusa_wall.gif).

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users