Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glennart

My regimenenenen

87 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to my regimen!

It's nothing fancy but it works great for me. Read on!

What I eat:

• The fattiest meat I can get my hands on. Including liver and bone marrow and bone broth. Beef,lamb,chicken and occasional fish like norwegian salmon. Cooked in cast iron pan with beef tallow or steamed or boiled.
  • Vegetables such as green beans, carrot, celery and a few more. Always cooked, never raw. I never eat lettuce or greens. (These are optional and I don't always eat them.)
  • Salt.
  • Water
  • Occasionaly I have a drink, I choose to drink only pure booze like vodka or similar addative free liquor.
What I don't eat
  • Spices
  • Nuts and seeds
  • Grains/legumes
  • Dairy
  • Fruit (On special occasions I may have some fruit)
  • Eggs(I highly recommend these but they give me mild digestive problems so I tend to avoid them)
I eat 3-4 times per day and my meals are the same things all the time maybe 3000 calories each day. I am 181 cm tall and weigh about 73 kg. I lack interest in variation when I eat like this since the diet is so satisfying.

Supplements

• High vitamin cod liver oil 2-3 tsp.
  • Vitamin D 3000 IU + 2000-3000 from the CLO.
  • Vitamin C 500 mg.
  • Kelp extract containing 2-3 mg iodine.

Other stuff that I do that affects acne

• I lift some weights a couple of times each week and play some sports now and then.
  • I sleep in near complete darkness and wake up with a dawn simulator. Im not to strict with this and during holidays and weekends my sleep tends to get screwed up.
  • Listen to good music.
  • Relax.
  • Hug mom each day.
  • Play computer games. (important for clear skin and general pwnage skills)
  • Get as much sunlight as possible without burning in the summer and use tanning bed now and then in the winter.

Pictures

The pics are a bit old and there has been even more improvement now.

That's about it I think!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers

Why don't you eat spices?

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

how's it goin?

My Regimen

AM

-wash w/obagi clenziderm cleanser

-tone w/obagi clenziderm toner

-obagi elastiderm eye gel and obagi theraputic moisturizer

-100 mgs of minocycline

pf talc free mineral concealer and powder

Body Care

-wash w/aveeno moisturizing body wash, moisturize w/aveeno moisturizing lotion

paul mitchell tea tree shampoo and condtioner/or color treated

Daily Supplements

-b complex with vitamin c included,cod liver capsules 2x a day vit a and d

diet

-mainly fruits, veggies, fish, chicken, some pasta, some nuts, limit wheat, no dairy, no caffeine, limit sugar, limit citrus fruits, drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day, drink tea

PM

-wash w/obagi clenziderm cleanser

-tone w/obagi clenziderm toner

-treat w/obagi clenziderm 5% bp

-100mgs of minocycline

Body Care

-wash with aveeno cleanser

-retin-a .5 or.1% on back

Why don't you eat spices?

They have various irritating substances in them. They are basically concentrated plant toxins.

"Factors that are known to cause variation in the levels of growth hormone (GH) and IGF-1 in the circulation include an individual's genetic make-up, the time of day, his or her age, gender, exercise status, stress levels, nutrition level and body mass index (BMI), disease state, race, estrogen status and xenobiotic intake."

IGF-1 --> androgens --> sebum --> acne.

I noticed you take HCL with your meals. Since I started doing this about a week ago, I found I could practically anything I wanted, and as long as I took the HCL, I wouldn't have a break out, it's crazy! I can't believe this gold mine sat on top of my fridge for 6 months before I tried it!

Last updated 03/26/10

Supplements

- 50,000 IU Vitamin D once a week

- 250 - 500mgs calcium citrate per day

- 1,000mgs Vitamin C per day

General Dietary Principles

- Only consume manually pressed/organic oils and fats to avoid pesticides and hexane

- Avoid high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners

- Avoid hydrogenated oils

- Snack frequently (important!)

- Include high fiber foods like beans (chili yum!), trail mix (good for the frequent snacks), and raw veggies (also good as a snack with ranch dressing).

- Make sure I get enough sodium chloride (salt) throughout the day (good sources include ranch dressing (yummy with the raw veggies), chili, and pickles.

Hi Glein!

Looking good.

What video games do you play? Maybe if I have a similar arsenal I would show you what "pwnage" is all about!

Love,

Me

Thanks for all the answers, I guess breathing is more important than acne............!

I noticed you take HCL with your meals. Since I started doing this about a week ago, I found I could practically anything I wanted, and as long as I took the HCL, I wouldn't have a break out, it's crazy! I can't believe this gold mine sat on top of my fridge for 6 months before I tried it!

Hi Glein!

Looking good.

What video games do you play? Maybe if I have a similar arsenal I would show you what "pwnage" is all about!

Love,

Me

Haha, I was playing WoW while I typed that.

I've been playing since 04 on alliance. Few months ago I got rid of my account, then a couple of weeks ago I decided to play again starting from scratch...so I rolled a BE Rogue...which I regret because there is a huge negative stigma about BE's for some reason.

I cant play on EU realms if I'm in North America right?

Thanks for all the answers, I guess breathing is more important than acne............!

Sorry if you've explained this elsewhere, but why no nuts and seeds? I was thinking that almonds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds were good sources of omegas and protein?

"If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned..." -- Fight Club

If you don't like them, that's fine. But they are not bad for you.

http://wisewitch.blogspot.com/

"Factors that are known to cause variation in the levels of growth hormone (GH) and IGF-1 in the circulation include an individual's genetic make-up, the time of day, his or her age, gender, exercise status, stress levels, nutrition level and body mass index (BMI), disease state, race, estrogen status and xenobiotic intake."

Sorry if you've explained this elsewhere, but why no nuts and seeds? I was thinking that almonds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds were good sources of omegas and protein?

I don't eat nuts, either, but mainly just for safe keeping. I know that peanuts are awful for me and most nuts that are sold are rarely raw and have been covered in something to make them taste better. As far as I know, there are a few nuts that might be good for the skin, but I don't know anything about nuts anymore. Stuff like flax seeds and sunflower seeds are probably going to be good. I don't eat them, but not for any reason.

I don't know about almonds because I just don't eat nuts anymore. (I used to eat between 1/3 and 1/2 of a jar of crunchy peanut butter a day last year during football season. My acne was also awful, but I was doing a lot of things wrong. The list of things is too long.)

"If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned..." -- Fight Club

Other stuff that I do that affects acne

• I lift some weights a couple of times each week and play some sports now and then.
  • I sleep in near complete darkness and wake up with a dawn simulator. Im not to strict with this and during holidays and weekends my sleep tends to get screwed up.
  • Listen to good music.
  • Relax.
  • Hug mom each day.
  • Play computer games. (important for clear skin and general pwnage skills)

I feel a force I've never felt before

I don't want to fight it anymore

Feelings so strong can't be ignored

I burst out - I'm transformed

Rising up, shaking it off

The yesterday dreary

Graceful and strong, No more forlorn

Today's a jubilee

Don't be surprised

This change is my design

I can't hold it down I've just got to soar

And laugh in the face that is vulture law

Your regimen sounds good! Just lay off the fatty meats.

I don't eat nuts, either, but mainly just for safe keeping. I know that peanuts are awful for me and most nuts that are sold are rarely raw and have been covered in something to make them taste better. As far as I know, there are a few nuts that might be good for the skin, but I don't know anything about nuts anymore. Stuff like flax seeds and sunflower seeds are probably going to be good. I don't eat them, but not for any reason.

I don't know about almonds because I just don't eat nuts anymore. (I used to eat between 1/3 and 1/2 of a jar of crunchy peanut butter a day last year during football season. My acne was also awful, but I was doing a lot of things wrong. The list of things is too long.)

Oh okay, but I've read that peanuts are not true nuts, but are actually legumes.

Yo glein,

could you give me some typical recipes like what you eat for breakfast, lunch dinner (and that other meal of yours :P)

DIET

[*] Mostly meats: chicken, ground beef and sometimes pork

[*] Smoked salmon

[*] Eggs

[*] Drink 2l of water each day

[*] Nuts: almonds, walnuts

[*] Veggies: onions, bell peppers, avocados, carrots,...

[*] Fruits: Limited to once a day

-> every meal consists of meat + a smaller portion of veggies

[*]Avoid: refined foods/dairy/sugar/bread

SUPPLEMENTS

[*] Omega3

[*] Vitamin C

[*] Chromium

Yo glein,

could you give me some typical recipes like what you eat for breakfast, lunch dinner (and that other meal of yours :P)